Which programware for screen recording?

cip

Re: Which programware for screen recording?

#31 Post by cip » 05 Apr 2018 10:49

exactly, that's it! Carl is searching the video settings in the recording settings where should be actually. I was tricked also by this long time!
But I told Carl to search the settings in the video capture tab, maybe I wasn't clear enough... :lol:
Enjoy driving with my Real Traffic Density
Enjoy listening my Real Ai Traffic Engine Sounds
currently on strike :D beta testings and bug reports are temporarily suspended from my activity until further decisions :lol:
Image Image

xXCARL1992Xx

#32 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 05 Apr 2018 15:40

ah there it is, stupid nvidia menu

i installed this crap only to test if this nvidia freestyle, because nvidia said ETS2 is supported, but GE says it is not

no i keep it just for shadowplay because Game DVR is rubbish
| !!!NO MODDING/BLENDER SUPPORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Video Thread | Youtube Channel | World of Trucks Profil |

Reinhard

#33 Post by Reinhard » 26 Apr 2019 12:39

Bumping up an old thread, but I think it fits.

I like to tool around a little bit, with Nvidia's Shadowplay. Got to document something. Google's telling me it is part of Nvidia's Experience.

But since years, I've avoided installing Nvidia's Experience. First, I didn't need it, second, I heard rumors that it will intervene with my game settings. Well, that may be part of its purpose.

Is my concern justified? Or will I be okay, if I restore my game settings and Nvidia Profiler settings, after a new driver installation? Would restored values survive then, or will they get constantly battered?

xXCARL1992Xx

#34 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 26 Apr 2019 12:42

GFE isnt needed at all, if you want to record try OBS (not Streamlab OBS) if it is set up you can take way better videos with it

and yeah you need to reapply the inspector settings after every driver install, dont know if a reinstall alone or if you check install as new matters here, do best would be to save the ETS2/ATS profile somewhere to quickly reapply it via double clicking
| !!!NO MODDING/BLENDER SUPPORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Video Thread | Youtube Channel | World of Trucks Profil |

Etrusan

#35 Post by Etrusan » 26 Apr 2019 12:47

Last time I heard, you'd need to create an account for the Nvidia Experience. The FPS impact is minimal and the video output really good. So if you don't mind creating an account and possibly reinstalling drivers, go for it.

BTW did a quick Google search on how to disable auto-optimalization, seems you can do it in settings. And there also seems to be a workaround for the registration - TechPowerUP.

Take it with a grain of salt as I don't really care for Nvidia anymore.
Seasonic SSR-650TD; Intel Core i5-6600K 3,5GHz; Gainward GTX 1060 6GB Phoenix GS; 2x Kingston HyperX Fury 8GB; 2x Seagate Barracuda 2TB; Corsair Force MP510 960GB; 2x 24" AOC I2481FXH; Windows 10

Reinhard

#36 Post by Reinhard » 26 Apr 2019 12:57

xXCARL1992Xx wrote:
26 Apr 2019 12:42
GFE isnt needed at all, if you want to record try OBS (not Streamlab OBS) if it is set up you can take way better videos with it
Sure, I assumed that it isn't needed for other programs.
xXCARL1992Xx wrote:
26 Apr 2019 12:42
and yeah you need to reapply the inspector settings after every driver install, dont know if a reinstall alone or if you check install as new matters here, do best would be to save the ETS2/ATS profile somewhere to quickly reapply it via double clicking
To reapply Inspector settings one has to do anyway, Nvidia Experience or not. My question is about if Nvidia Experience will try to mess with my settings between driver updates, on a regular base. I've never used it. I've noticed so much talk about "don't use it, it will mess with you settings". If it happens only after a driver Installation, I totally wouldn't mind. Neither about the game's own settings, nor about the Inspector's settings.

Mohegan13
Beta tester

#37 Post by Mohegan13 » 26 Apr 2019 13:49

NVIDIA only changes your settings if you uninstall it. All updates will keep existing settings were possible. How it might affect Inspector I have no idea, never used it.
I reserve the right to be 100% wrong.
Is this madness decending on me? Or am I the madness?

Reinhard

#38 Post by Reinhard » 26 Apr 2019 14:59

Thanks!

So finally, I have something to put on my to-do list. Will try when I return from vacation. Which starts tomorrow morning. First time since months, that I will have a chance to spot some long hauling trucks. Driving the A2 from Berlin, west-bound...

RudiRaser

#39 Post by RudiRaser » 28 Apr 2019 19:59

3 days ago i found an older but still good tutorial for OBS settings.

the video tutorial, but in german language.

i will try to explain it a bit with my bad english. i looked only for a setting for recording, not streaming. and this setting works only if you have a Nvidia GPU which support recording.
and thats the trick, you have to let the GPU recording. that i did before already, even i wasn´t know what i was doing. :D
but you need the right settings, without the videos will still look not really good like you can see in this replay from me. this way i was recording before always:

my hard/software:
Win 10 - 64bit
CPU I7 4790K
GTX 980TI
16 GB RAM
Screen: 3840x2160

i don´t use Inspector setting, scaling ingame 200%, most other things high/ultra.

i made a screen about the important settings what the guy in the tutorial explained about recording:

With this CQ-Level you can adjust the quality, and he said a range between 21 till 28 should be the maximum. lower number give you a better quality, but ofc the size of the file increase.

i tested a bit and this one was with a resolution of 1080p, CQ-Level 23 if i remember right. file size was 10 GB. :D
but looks much better then before, i like it.

and then i was going a bit mad, :mrgreen: 1440p with CQ-Level 22 = ~ 11GB file, because the video is shorter. (and now i got VP09 from Youtube)
wow, that i love. Image thats now close how i really see it ingame. FPS are still good, around 45 and more, ofc sometimes some drops, but all in all....

i just wanted to share this with you, and maybe someone with more PC knowledge can improve this. the video tutorial is from 2016, so not up to date with the newest OBS Studio software. in my screen you can see that i did again some setting where i not really know is it good, or not? :lol:

oggich

#40 Post by oggich » 29 Apr 2019 09:20

BTW;has anyone tried screen/game recording with Fraps? I am asking because Bandicam became unstable,at least for me.

And Fraps is low on system resouces;yaaaaaay!

Return to “Off topic and other voices”