Incorrect AI Routing on Prefab

bobgrey1997

Incorrect AI Routing on Prefab

#1 Post by bobgrey1997 » 24 Apr 2019 17:50

First off, I'm not sure if this is technically a bug or not, and I don't think this prefab is actually used in the game map anywhere (at least, not yet).
The prefab is called us_cross_angled_2-1-2_city_t_2-1-2_city_tmpl
Here is a screenshot of it:
[ external image ]

The issue here is the right turn from south to east. There is a single right-turn slip lane, but there are also two other lanes that turn right. These two lanes are illegal right turns, as evidenced by the island separating them from the slip lane:
[ external image ]

There are two solutions to this, which is how the junction would be built in reality.
Solution 1; give the slip lane it's own "right-turn only lane" and allow the other two to turn left:
[ external image ]

Solution 2; remove the left lane and put a median there (or just make the road a 2-2 undivided) where both lanes turn left, and a right-turn slip lane breaks off to the right:
[ external image ]

Seeing as this is an issue with how the model itself is built rather than a faulty game mechanic, and seeing as this is an as-yet unused prefab only accessible via Editor, game log and coordinates seem irrelevant here.

Again, I am not sure if this exactly qualifies as a game bug, and as such, I am not sure if this is the proper section to post this. If not, any moderator please feel free to move it to wherever it needs to be.
bobgrey1997

Re: Incorrect AI Routing on Prefab

#2 Post by bobgrey1997 » 01 May 2019 22:51

I don't know if someone seen this thread or not, but they fixed it!
[ external image ]

Return to “Bugs 1.34”