Road to the Black Sea Discussion

pigbrother

Re: Road to the Black Sea Discussion

#31 Post by pigbrother » 10 May 2019 19:52

coolusername wrote: 10 May 2019 19:35 I hope they don't go more towards east. Don't get me wrong, i love they make these countrys, but anything further east than Istanbul - Kiew - St. Petersburg would be not 'Euro Truck' anymore.
I just hope after this they finish of scandinavia (even tho most likey spain is in 2020)
Iberia and Western Balkans are a priority, no doubt about it, but Europe goes as far as Urals and there is no debate here. The only debatable part is the inclusion of Caucasus, Northern Caucasus only or no Caucasus at all.

I wouldn't put much too hope in northern parts of Scandinavia. They are beautiful indeed, but they are so sparsely populated that people will ask what they are paying for, two lane roads through endless forests and tundras? That area could be expanded a little bit reaching the Trondheim - Umea - Vaasa line, but going to the Artic Circle is just a waste of time and money.
I have approximate knowledge of many things
DICEEE
Beta tester

#32 Post by DICEEE » 10 May 2019 19:55

I would buy that @pigbrother, and I think that you'd buy it too. Not sure if it would make a good profit for them, but the scenery would be nice to travel to
pigbrother

#33 Post by pigbrother » 10 May 2019 19:56

Oh, I would buy it in an instant, but how many people will do this? It's risky...
I have approximate knowledge of many things
Shiva

#34 Post by Shiva » 10 May 2019 19:57

Aves, nice find!
Comparisons:
Google Streetview vs SCS. Original blog post.

DICEEE, could it be possible to have some place where all comparisons are collected?

/edit:
pigbrother, northern parts of Scandinavia.
For those tired of driving on motorways.
And there are places north of the arctic line too.
When? Maybe?
I think after completed Iberia and Balkan.
Maybe even after Moscow?
Or... who knows.

Istanbul...

Istanbul - Olavi Virta.
Warning tho... it is in finnish!
Original song: The Four Lads - Istanbul (not Constantinople)
Last edited by Shiva on 10 May 2019 20:09, edited 1 time in total.
NTM's B-Double Telescopic Skeletal Container Carrier. Youtube video on how it works. W & S thread.
B-Double trailer and short modes: EN 7.82 swap body, 20’ or 30’ containers.
Standalone 40' mode: EN 7.82 swap body, 20', 30', 40' or 2 x 20' trailer.
xXCARL1992Xx

#35 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 10 May 2019 19:58

coolusername wrote: 10 May 2019 19:35 [...]but anything further east than Istanbul - Kiew - St. Petersburg would be not 'Euro Truck' anymore.
thats nonsense (except Istanbul) Europa goes up to the Ural Mountains, so Russia up to Georgia/Azerbaijan in the south, almost Chelyabinsk in the east, Salechard in the north-east and little bit of Kazakhstan also are part of Europa
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
luxk

#36 Post by luxk » 10 May 2019 20:00

Well @pigbrother, if SCS would ever expand Scandinavia to the north it'll certainly be a free addition to the already existing DLC, so people wouldn't complain about paying only for empty stretches of road. And about the northern Caucasus, while i want to see it become part of the game, even though it's relatively peaceful there's quite a bit of disputed territories like South Ossetia, Abkhazia and Nagorno-karabakh and Armenia and Azerbaijan are not on good terms with each other due to that 3rd disputed territory, so it's gonna be quite tricky to add that region in the game.
DICEEE
Beta tester

#37 Post by DICEEE » 10 May 2019 20:02

Well it's not my forum @Shiva, if it wasnt clear by now. It's SCSs forum :lol:
Now seriously, you can post them here if you want

Double Post Merged
pigbrother wrote: 10 May 2019 19:56 Oh, I would buy it in an instant, but how many people will do this? It's risky...
If we 2 as romanians would buy it in an instant, i am not worried that it would sell good :lol:
Last edited by supersobes on 10 May 2019 20:07, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Double Post Merged [Forum rule 2.6]
Polarlicht

#39 Post by Polarlicht » 10 May 2019 20:08

xXCARL1992Xx wrote: 10 May 2019 19:58
coolusername wrote: 10 May 2019 19:35 [...]but anything further east than Istanbul - Kiew - St. Petersburg would be not 'Euro Truck' anymore.
thats nonsense (except Istanbul) Europa goes up to the Ural Mountains, so Russia up to Georgia/Azerbaijan in the south, almost Chelyabinsk in the east, Salechard in the north-east and little bit of Kazakhstan also are part of Europa
pigbrother wrote: 10 May 2019 19:52
coolusername wrote: 10 May 2019 19:35 I hope they don't go more towards east. Don't get me wrong, i love they make these countrys, but anything further east than Istanbul - Kiew - St. Petersburg would be not 'Euro Truck' anymore.
I just hope after this they finish of scandinavia (even tho most likey spain is in 2020)
Iberia and Western Balkans are a priority, no doubt about it, but Europe goes as far as Urals and there is no debate here. The only debatable part is the inclusion of Caucasus, Northern Caucasus only or no Caucasus at all.

I wouldn't put much too hope in northern parts of Scandinavia. They are beautiful indeed, but they are so sparsely populated that people will ask what they are paying for, two lane roads through endless forests and tundras? That area could be expanded a little bit reaching the Trondheim - Umea - Vaasa line, but going to the Artic Circle is just a waste of time and money.
I did not meant the actual border of each continent, i meant more like how far should they go when other regions are more important.
And i wouldn't mind huge forests with lonely roads, as long as they have more logging industry, and also have nice coastal roads in fjords and such.
Thats just my opinion and saying something else won't change my opinion ;)
cornelius85

#40 Post by cornelius85 » 10 May 2019 20:10

Finally. I can move my base to İstanbul :D

Return to “General discussion about the game”