Idaho Discussion Thread

rbsanford

Re: Idaho Discussion

#41 Post by rbsanford » 16 Jun 2019 19:38

All it needs is the 12 to connect Lewiston to Kennewick.
The Journeys of Zephyr of the American West

Handy maps and diagrams.

Furthermore, I consider that I-80 across Nevada must be redone next.
fisherjb

#42 Post by fisherjb » 16 Jun 2019 19:56

LAFAYET47 wrote: 16 Jun 2019 17:35 what do you guys think about this map? --> https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... image0.png
Can you please make another one for Utah? I really want to see it and how it compares :D
Grand Canyon Rebuild: viewtopic.php?f=194&t=281638

Promods developer of:

- Elbasan :flag_al:
- E-871 :flag_bg: :flag_mk:
- Abbotsford :flag_ca:
- A10 :flag_at:
LAFAYET47

#43 Post by LAFAYET47 » 16 Jun 2019 21:22

well, I havent made that map myself, lol :D Found it on a popular Spanish website, looking at the link you can find it comes from some Discord group.
nautofon

#44 Post by nautofon » 16 Jun 2019 21:41

I think the sensible thing would be to include Missoula (in Montana) with the Idaho DLC. The map mentioned by LAFAYET47 doesn't, and as a result, there is no real road network in the state of Idaho. There is just a single route from Sandpoint to Idaho Falls with a few minor side streets, that's all. Pretty weak for a paid DLC.

Include Missoula, and you can have the 93 and the 90 connect to Idaho to form a more complete road network. The road length in Montana would still be relatively small, and the 93 and the 90 don't pass any other significant cities in Montana. Consequently, there's not much extra work to do now, and a forthcoming Montana DLC doesn't suffer, either.

Missoula could have industry, but doesn't need to. For purposes of boxing up Idaho, it would work just fine as a scenery town.
For driving without GPS navigation:  ATS Company/Facility Directory — C/FD
hangman005

#45 Post by hangman005 » 16 Jun 2019 23:20

Idaho probably fascinates me most right now, It's like the scenery town of states (sort of), I think because it's so backwater regarding exposure in any former of media, I couldn't name a character from Idaho, and I don't think I've ever seen it TV shows or movies set in Idaho. Utah will be amazing, but Idaho for it's sheer unknowness is the one I'm uber pumped for.
ATS HQ: Las Vegas, NV
ETS HQ: Innsbruck, Austria
Promods Euro HQ: Reykjavik, Iceland
rbsanford

#46 Post by rbsanford » 16 Jun 2019 23:30

Hangman, you should check out Napoleon Dynamite, one of those few movies that takes place in Idaho.

As for the lack of content in northern Idaho, I-15 up to Shelby, MT, and everything west of it, could be included with Idaho. Either that or just the 15 and 90 in Montana, which would include more of US 93 and 12 and the city of Missoula.
The Journeys of Zephyr of the American West

Handy maps and diagrams.

Furthermore, I consider that I-80 across Nevada must be redone next.
flight50

#47 Post by flight50 » 16 Jun 2019 23:44

@nautofon. I stated the same thing before. Except I said take I-15 to Butte, Mt and provide I-90 and everything West of that and give that part of Montana to Idaho. Basically a 2 part Montana. This makes Idaho worth 11.99 and there is still enough of Montana left to do a Montana dlc at 11.99. Idaho's odd shape throws a lot of things off so if SCS can square it up, that would work best. The part of Montana left is about the same size as Wyoming. That gives Northern Idaho more roads and us a nice squared network.

US-12 should connect Lewiston to Missoula. I would say connect to Kennewick like rbsanford stated but that road is already in the game and will come in a future update. Either it comes with 1.36,1.37 or it comes with Idaho, but it is already in the game as of now if you dev cam to see it. I'd also like to see US-2 continued into Montana and allow it to connect up to US-93. I'd actually go a little further with I-15 and create Dubois, Id as a scenic town. The gap between Grangeville and Salmon bothers me though. But providing Missoula covers this as US-12 and US-93 connects those two. If there is time, I'd like to see another parallel road to US-95 from Lewiston to Coeur d' Alene. ID-3 is the outer most road and that one seems scenic enough as it passes thru lots of small towns and a great country side.

@rbsanford. I think taking it to Shelby is a bit much. That is too much of I-15 which would make SCS create Helena and Great Falls. That doesn't leave a lot for a Montana dlc. I-15 to I-90 and to US-93 and up. Everything from there West is easier to digest as coming with Idaho imo. That gives US-93 and end and US-2 and extension from Washington to meet up at Kalispell.
Last edited by flight50 on 16 Jun 2019 23:57, edited 1 time in total.
nautofon

#48 Post by nautofon » 16 Jun 2019 23:51

Right. I certainly won't object to Montana I-15 coming with Idaho :mrgreen: My point was just that not including a small part of Montana would be a problem for the Idaho DLC.
For driving without GPS navigation:  ATS Company/Facility Directory — C/FD
maskmcgee

#49 Post by maskmcgee » 16 Jun 2019 23:54

There's no need to include any of Montana with Idaho. I-15 can end at Dubios. US-20 at St. Anthony. US-93 and a whole bunch of other roads at Salmon.
flight50

#50 Post by flight50 » 16 Jun 2019 23:59

Agreed natuofon. That's what I mean by the shape of Idaho throws things off. By adding a portion of Montana, that squares up Idaho. Everything West of the Mississippi River is fairly squared up except Idaho. Just too much of I-15 beyond Butte may not fly over well.

@Maskedmcgee. You are correct. But at the same time, it's about squaring up the road network and that overhang that we have in Montana has roads to spare for a Northern Idaho that lacks a road network. The image of Idaho that LAFAYET47 provided, is not worthy of 11.99 without Montana. If the trend of 11.99 continues for several more dlc's (excluding Texas), the price has the justify the dlc content.

Return to “General discussion about the game”