would you like to have ownable company skins? truck and trailer

would you like to have ownable freight market skin's including a skin to match it for the truck?

yes i would like this as a update
63%
yes i would like this as a dlc
2%
yes i would like this as a dlc or a update
23%
no
8%
no opinion
4%

Total votes: 184

krizzy090

would you like to have ownable company skins? truck and trailer

#1 Post by krizzy090 » 17 Aug 2019 14:33

hello evryone i had this idea for a while because whe have ownable trailers now ;)

and i decided to make a poll of it because this is a ingame thing not a mod so i post it here in general

i think it would be nice to have ownable trailer's with freightmarket skin's of a company of your choice with the truck to match it ofcourse with the logo from the company on it

i think this would make the experience better to haul for a company from the game you like

i want to haul for a company from the game but it is now limited to the freightmarket and i wanna haul for it with my own ownable trailer

for example a walbert ownable skin with a walbert truck to match it

if you voted yes or no plz tell me why you would like it or why you dont like it

i would love to hear your opinion on this idea :D
Last edited by supersobes on 17 Aug 2019 23:14, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Moved topic from "American Truck Simulator > General Discussion about game" to "American Truck Simulator > Feature Wishlists and Suggestions"
Theosz

Re: would you like to have ownable company skins? truck and trailer

#2 Post by Theosz » 20 Aug 2019 14:21

it is a important update for me because we already have the depots, the industries, the logos, the plates, the trailers but when but when will we have the truck paintjobs freight skins?
PLEASE, vote for krizzy090's idea about ownable freightmarket skins viewtopic.php?f=185&t=276108
Brazil... shanty towns
since ATS 1.32... and counting
danbywinby

#3 Post by danbywinby » 20 Aug 2019 14:31

This would be an awesome feature. But unfortunately i don't see it happening anytime soon if ever. Because of the simple fact that it would require tons and tons and tons of new skins being created.

Somebody on this forum previously has put together a mod of skins that he created for each of the in-game trucks and in-game companies. Unfortunately this has not yet been updated with the latest companies that were added with the Baltic DLC and unfortunately it looks like he won't be updating it any time soon and in all honesty i don't blame him because of all the different skins he would have to create.

If i remember correctly in one interview Pavel mentioned that they kind of regret going down the country paint job packs for ETS2 (which is why we have not seen the same for ATS) because it's just tons and tons of paint jobs that now have to be re-made for each new truck they create and tweaked every time they tweak a truck model.
Theosz

#4 Post by Theosz » 20 Aug 2019 22:21

I understand well, thinking that way there would be neither SCS, nor Promods, nor TSM, ... simply because to do some things it will necessary organization, predisposition, teamwork, design, division of labor and effort (my precious), because we know that mods can be of various sizes and this one can be so big that it would take at least one modder for each DLC besides the Vanilla part to get the job done and not overload ... even I have no idea how it's done and what work required. It is the suggestion.

I think just need somebody like Promod's or RoExtended creators that can group people with passion and show the benefit to do it
PLEASE, vote for krizzy090's idea about ownable freightmarket skins viewtopic.php?f=185&t=276108
Brazil... shanty towns
krizzy090

#5 Post by krizzy090 » 21 Aug 2019 15:40

danbywinby wrote: 20 Aug 2019 14:31 This would be an awesome feature. But unfortunately i don't see it happening anytime soon if ever. Because of the simple fact that it would require tons and tons and tons of new skins being created.
whell yeah that is true so it could be a nope then but for me i like realism in the game so this is a must have for me i play sp with mods that is not the issue here

the issue is i play mp 2 and that is a reason why i would love to have it
Theosz wrote: 20 Aug 2019 14:21 it is a important update for me but when but when will we have the truck paintjobs freight skins?
i agree when will whe get truck freight skins i think they wont do it sadly but whell it is a feature request hopefully it gets to the scs team when it has enough attention made
whe can only hope for it :D
Theosz

#6 Post by Theosz » 21 Aug 2019 21:31

I will continue to campaign for this feature (besides requesting decent traffic in the game). see my signature ;-)
Brazil... shanty towns
GT182

#7 Post by GT182 » 22 Aug 2019 23:31

A skin for your truck and trailer with the company YOU chose would be great. I've thought of this but I'm not savvy enough to make my own mod. I know guys have made some great skins for ownable trailers, but why. If I have owned trailers I want my company name and logo on it, or just paint with nothing but the trailer number on it. Not some other company's name. Sorry but it's the way I feel. Look around you out on the road. Do you see a New England Motor Freight truck pulling a Schneider trailer owned by NEMF? If they do it's more than likely one on it's way to a paint shop to be repainted to NEMF's colors and name. I drove for an independent trucking company and any trailers they bought were repainted one plane color with or without the company's name on it. All had trailer numbers tho which were needed for use in your log book.

If SCS could make a template usable by the player to make his own skin, without needing all the software to normally make a skin, by a simple means and add it to the player's game that would be great. And probably wanted by most everyone.

As it is now I don't have any "ownable" trailer skins with any logo or company name on them. Nor do my AI driver's trailers. The skins I've seen are all great works of art, but they're not what I need for my ATS company. They're more suited to be AI trailer skins. Sorry guys but that's how I see it. No offence meant to your great work.
Gary - CB code name: CW
Formerly from Northern NY on the Ontario/Quebec borders.
I've hauled ass down the road to deliver new cars and trucks, fuel, freight, and produce. Now I'm addicted to ATS doing the same thing in a simulation. :roll:
Theosz

#8 Post by Theosz » 24 Aug 2019 22:36

Ok, no problem, opinion is opinion but... your comment reminded me of some dialogues I had with certain people here, from a certain company, who are the first to not support an idea simply because it is not helpful to them in any way. I'm also thinking about the three people who voted no so far. What kind of people are they? If there is a group that wants something, if something also exists then why not support them? Ok when you have better suggestions and aggregate, people who want something and it won't make a difference. ok when one wants one state to be done first before another. ex. Utah vs Washington, wins the most, but ...

off-topic: I also remember when I made a suggestion for correction because the ids of the iveco trucks were the same within the game and that confused. If my memory fails, either they were called Iveco Stralis, or both were called Iveco Hi-way, I don't remember precisely. Strangely enough, it was precisely the small person who was supposed to be the first to go against the idea, perhaps simply because it was I who was asking, that it made no sense for the player to look at the list of trucks and the two being called Iveco Stralis. This strange person argued that the original name was Iveco Stralis for both of them and that they should be identified in the game but didn't convince me because the player anyway read "Iveco Stralis" for both models of the game, and that was totally senseless, it disturbed the player who would have to go into the details of the game to know which Iveco it was. In the end, with his authority, the name of the trucks was not changed, which helped me not to use the Ivecos. Fortunately, it seems that this person is no longer in the forums and has retired and shortly thereafter we have Iveco Stralis and Iveco Hi-Way. Thank God, there is no evil and endure.

It is as if in 2015 a group of people, even a small group, would like to have Goodyear-labeled tires. Then there would be "players" who would go against the idea ... debate, exchange harsh words, try to convince the idea is not useful but simply because ... they wanted Michelin-labeled tires. Weird. What do we have today?
Brazil... shanty towns
Max
SCS Software

#9 Post by Max » 01 Sep 2019 09:44

regarding the iveco, both our truck ARE stralis. just deal with it. the old is stralis model 2009 (i believe) the newer is stralis model 2013. "iveco hi-way" is incorrect name because its cabin name, not truck series name. IRL, new stralis are also build with hi-range and hi-road cabins, IIRC .. :)
Nobody can tell you anything about it. Those who know about it aren't allowed to talk. And those who talk know nothing.
Theosz

#10 Post by Theosz » 02 Sep 2019 19:37

I'm not going to deal with that again because it is fixed in the game and I don't care about the name but the difference to identify them, so we, gamers, don't have to play like idiots to get into the truck menu breakdown to know which iveco is there, whether the new or the old, or whatever name as long as they are but different and must be easily identifiable by the player.
ty
Brazil... shanty towns

Return to “Feature Wishlist and Suggestions”