HELP! How can I put Car Transporter on AI Traffic?

ETS2Fanatic6146

HELP! How can I put Car Transporter on AI Traffic?

#1 Post by ETS2Fanatic6146 » 06 Jul 2019 08:13

Guys, I have a question. How can I put Car Transporter on AI Traffic in GTS? Please Help this. Thanks.
MapMaker

Re: HELP! How can I put Car Transporter on AI Traffic?

#2 Post by MapMaker » 08 Sep 2019 16:24

I don't know my friend. You may need to reverse engineer the game to do this.
Nothing to see here...

Creator of the INNER GERMAN BORDER MAP MOD
ETS2Fanatic6146

#3 Post by ETS2Fanatic6146 » 15 Sep 2019 09:43

You mean that you're telling me ask it to the SCS or someone else to add trailer in ai traffic?.
Reinhard

#4 Post by Reinhard » 15 Sep 2019 10:21

Probably quite a few people reading this still have a copy of GTS installed, and are able to have a look into the base. I don't.

I never modded GTS. The only advice I can give is to look up the GTS "base.scs" for a folder "/def/vehicle", and see if there is a file named "trailer_traffic_storage.sii". "Scania Truck Driving Simulator" already had the storage file at that location, maybe GTS already had the same logic.

If that fails: In ETS 1, it was "vehicle/trailer_eu/trailer_traffic_storage.sii". Please note that here, the file was not placed below the "def" folder. Could be that GTS has it like this.

As the name "trailer_traffic_storage.sii" is used since before the days of ETS 1, you should be able to find it. How the inclusion of any AI trailer was done, you can look up by reading that file.
ETS2Fanatic6146

#5 Post by ETS2Fanatic6146 » 15 Sep 2019 12:41

I'm using Trailer Traffic Mod in GTS. I looked inside, that file includes "car_transporter_traffic". But I didn't saw Car Transporter trailer hooked up into any trucks. There's something wrong with this game, or my Trailer Traffic Mod.
Reinhard

#6 Post by Reinhard » 15 Sep 2019 12:56

Just an idea: maybe GTS allows only a limited amount of distinct AI trailers? In ETS 1, you could only run four different AI trailers at the same time. That's why the yellow "opentop" tipper trailer was never to see. A configured fifth AI trailer just didn't appear. Getting the tipper with the help of a mod was only possible by sacrificing another trailer.

May be there is such a limit in GTS, too? I never played it, only cannibalized the GTS base for ETS 1 mod backports. When I finally owned hardware good enough for GTS, ETS 2 was already present, so I skipped GTS.

I would try to temporarily disable other trailers, that should tell you if my idea is valid, or nonsense.
ETS2Fanatic6146

#7 Post by ETS2Fanatic6146 » 15 Sep 2019 13:13

I'll see what I can do. In Trailer Traffic Mod, I only saw Yellow and Green Opentops, Red/Yellow/Black Overweight trailers, Flatbeds with different loads, Aerodynamic Trailer, etc. There's no Car Transporter Trailer to see in AI Traffic. I played ETS 1 Before. I used GTS to ETS all cargo trailer mod. But I saw Car Transporter trailer in this game. There's no Car Transporter Trailer to see in GTS's AI Traffic. In ETS2, We can saw Car Transporter trailers with different lodaded cars. I wonder why SCS never added Car Transporter Trailer in AI Traffic in GTS.
ETS2Fanatic6146

#8 Post by ETS2Fanatic6146 » 13 Mar 2020 06:56

Reinhard wrote: 15 Sep 2019 12:56 Just an idea: maybe GTS allows only a limited amount of distinct AI trailers? In ETS 1, you could only run four different AI trailers at the same time. That's why the yellow "opentop" tipper trailer was never to see. A configured fifth AI trailer just didn't appear. Getting the tipper with the help of a mod was only possible by sacrificing another trailer.

May be there is such a limit in GTS, too? I never played it, only cannibalized the GTS base for ETS 1 mod backports. When I finally owned hardware good enough for GTS, ETS 2 was already present, so I skipped GTS.

I would try to temporarily disable other trailers, that should tell you if my idea is valid, or nonsense.
German Truck Simulator only run Container, Reefer, Food, Fuel and Cement Cisterns, Log Trailer in AI. But with Trailer Traffic mod, you will see Opentop, Overweight, Flatbed, Aerodynamic (wheel covered) and Cement Mixer on Traffic too. But I don't get why SCS never putted car transporter into AI.
Reinhard

#9 Post by Reinhard » 13 Mar 2020 08:36

Maybe because with the cars on display, it would be the most resource hungry trailer. Just a wild guess. I never played GTS/UKTS. My hardware was too weak, then. When I got something better, ETS 2 was already available.

Return to “German Truck Simulator”