sharing my (correct) manifest.sii models v1.45

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check the Forum Rules.
Theosz

sharing my (correct) manifest.sii models v1.45

#1 Post by Theosz » 20 Sep 2019 23:14

I would like to share my two models of manifest.sii because many modders uses the wrong categories(put the most) or txt names or simply doesnt use it

-MANIFEST 1

Code: Select all

SiiNunit
{
   mod_package : .package_name
   {
      package_version: "1.45a"
      display_name: "xyz"
      author: "xyz"

#[color=#00BF00] MAXIMUM TWO caterories[/color]
		category[]: "truck"
		category[]: "trailer"
		category[]: "ui"
		category[]: "weather_setup"
		category[]: "graphics"
		category[]: "models"
		category[]: "walkers"
		category[]: "prefabs"
		category[]: "truck"
		category[]: "tuning_parts"
		category[]: "paint_job"
		category[]: "cargo_pack"
		category[]: "interior"
		category[]: "ai_traffic"
		category[]: "sound"
		category[]: "physics"
		category[]: "map"
		category[]: "other"

icon: "icon.jpg"
      description_file: "description.txt"

#compatible_versions[]: "1.44.*"
      #compatible_versions[]: "1.45.*"      

mp_mod_optional: true	# <-- added since v1.45
	}
}
MANIFEST 2 (with explanations)

SiiNunit
{
   mod_package : .package_name 
   {
		# Instead of the player worrying about whether mod's version 3.0 is full compatible for ETS2 v1.38 or ETS2 v1.39, etc ... the modder can use it as follows (simpler, objective and straightforward):
		# 1.38a for first release for ETS2 v1.38
		# 1.39a for the first release for ETS2 v1.39
		# 1.39b for the second version for ETS2 v1.39
		# 1.39c for the third version for ETS2 v1.39
		# 1.40a for first release for ETS2 v1.40...
		# 1.40b for second release for ETS2 v1.40...
		package_version: "1.39a"  		# 1.38a 1.38b 1.39a 1.39b 1.39c 1.40a 1.37a 1.37b... |  vol.01 vol.02 vol.03...for packs like Alexandr Lone Wolf

display_name: "xyz"
		author: "xyz"

# maximum TWO caterories
		category[]: "truck" 				#trailer" ai_traffic" weather_setup" graphics" models" movers"  prefabs" ui"
		category[]: "tuning_parts" 	#paint_job" interior" cargo_pack" sound" physics" map" walkers" other"

icon: "mod_icon.jpg"
		description_file: "mod_description.txt"

# OPTIONAL - For Localized description
		#description_file: "description.en_us.txt"
		#description_file: "description.pt_br.txt"

#compatible_versions[]: "1.38.*"
		#compatible_versions[]: "1.39.*"      

# when other mods are needed/required DLCs mods like... 
		# C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\American Truck Simulator
		# C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Euro Truck Simulator 2
		# There is currently no parameter to indicate that another mod (not DLC) is prerequisite as when creating mods addons or add some item to Cabin Accessories DLC 
#ETS2		
		dlc_dependencies[]: "dlc_east"
		dlc_dependencies[]: "dlc_north"
		dlc_dependencies[]: "dlc_fr"
		dlc_dependencies[]: "dlc_it"
		dlc_dependencies[]: "dlc_balt"
		dlc_dependencies[]: "dlc_balkan_e"

dlc_dependencies[]: "dlc_actros_tuning"
		dlc_dependencies[]: "dlc_daf_tuning_pack"
		dlc_dependencies[]: "dlc_volvo_tuning_pack"	
		dlc_dependencies[]: "dlc_mighty_griffin"		#Scania Trucks 

dlc_dependencies[]: "dlc_hs_schoch"				(since v1.36)
		dlc_dependencies[]: "dlc_rims"
		dlc_dependencies[]: "dlc_phys_flags"

dlc_dependencies[]: "dlc_krone"					# if you had created a skin mod for Krone trailers, for example
		dlc_dependencies[]: "dlc_schwarzmuller"		# if you had created a skin mod for Schwarzmuller trailers, for example
		dlc_dependencies[]: "dlc_trailers"

dlc_dependencies[]: "dlc_goodyear"				# if you edited the Goodyear tyres
		dlc_dependencies[]: "dlc_michelin"				# if you edited the Michelin tyres

dlc_dependencies[]: "dlc_heavy_cargo"
		dlc_dependencies[]: "dlc_oversize"

dlc_dependencies[]: "dlc_rocket_league"
		dlc_dependencies[]: "dlc_toys"					# if you add some accessories for Cabin Accessories DLC

dlc_dependencies[]: "dlc_dragon"
		dlc_dependencies[]: "dlc_fantasy"
		dlc_dependencies[]: "dlc_halloween"
		dlc_dependencies[]: "dlc_metallics"
		dlc_dependencies[]: "dlc_metallics2"
		dlc_dependencies[]: "dlc_pirates"
		dlc_dependencies[]: "dlc_raven"
#ATS		
		dlc_dependencies[]: "dlc_arizona"
		dlc_dependencies[]: "dlc_nevada"
		dlc_dependencies[]: "dlc_nm"
		dlc_dependencies[]: "dlc_or"
		dlc_dependencies[]: "dlc_wa"
		dlc_dependencies[]: "dlc_ut"	(since v1.36)
		dlc_dependencies[]: "dlc_id"	(since v1.38)
		dlc_dependencies[]: "dlc_co"	(since v1.39)

dlc_dependencies[]: "dlc_kenworth_t680"
		dlc_dependencies[]: "dlc_kenworth_w900"
		dlc_dependencies[]: "dlc_peterbilt_389"
		dlc_dependencies[]: "dlc_peterbilt_579"
		dlc_dependencies[]: "dlc_volvo_vnl"
		dlc_dependencies[]: "dlc_international_lonestar"		(since v1.36)
		dlc_dependencies[]: "dlc_mack_anthem"						(since v1.37)
		dlc_dependencies[]: "dlc_westernstar_49x"					(since v1.38)
		dlc_dependencies[]: "dlc_freightliner_cascadia2019" 	(since v1.39)

dlc_dependencies[]: "dlc_toys"					# if you add some accessories for Cabin Accessories DLC (since v1.39)

dlc_dependencies[]: "dlc_oversize"
		dlc_dependencies[]: "dlc_heavy_cargo"
		dlc_dependencies[]: "dlc_forest_harvesting"

dlc_dependencies[]: "dlc_rims"
		dlc_dependencies[]: "dlc_sci_st_wheels"		# if you add compatiliby for SCI Steering Wheels for your new truck

dlc_dependencies[]: "dlc_christmas"
		dlc_dependencies[]: "dlc_steampunk"
		dlc_dependencies[]: "dlc_space"
		dlc_dependencies[]: "dlc_stripes"
		dlc_dependencies[]: "dlc_valentine"
		dlc_dependencies[]: "dlc_vikings"

# For you to use this mod you need the mod(s) below:
      # mod name1 by author1 version x
      # mod name2 by author2 version y

}
}

PS: current page for more details - https://modding.scssoft.com/wiki/Docume ... od_manager (is not updated yet)
Last edited by Theosz on 03 Sep 2022 02:10, edited 15 times in total.
PLEASE, vote for krizzy090's idea about ownable freightmarket skins viewtopic.php?f=185&t=276108
Brazil... shanty towns
since ATS 1.32... and counting
BK Vissers

Re: sharing my (correct) manifest.sii models

#2 Post by BK Vissers » 21 Sep 2019 11:11

Good idea, thank you for posting that. :)
ArikTheBuilder

#4 Post by ArikTheBuilder » 20 Oct 2019 18:40

Hey, thanks for that!
ERN developer.
Theosz

#5 Post by Theosz » 21 Oct 2019 04:38

I know xXCARL1992Xx ;-) but the intention is also to warn of the misuse they are doing, even though having "read" this page, also to emphasize the importance of using these three files:
-manifest.txt
-description.txt
-icon.jpg

as well as being a template to facilitate the building and editing others as is my case

Notice the lines

category[]: "truck" 		#trailer" ai_traffic" weather_setup" graphics" models" movers"  prefabs" ui"
		category[]: "tuning_parts" 	#paint_job" interior" cargo_pack" sound" physics" map" walkers" other"
I tried to group by the most used form and facilitate (at least for me) the removal of categories that are not important, note the quotation marks!

With the existence of Steam Workshop I can't fix or at least easily identify to modders that their mods are having a little problem and it's out of the rules. when download and when is not protect facilitate the manifest edition.
- "truckparts", "Skin", "Prefabs", "Paintjobs", "traffic", "others", "trailers", "sounds" ????? ;
- categories without quotation marks; (XBS,...)
- usage of three categories;
- do not use image;
- manifest point to inexistence description or using wrong name...
- use only the file description to alert that mod requires Krone DLC? ; use dlc_dependencies[]: "dlc_krone", PLEASE! just to make life easier...

...making game.log.txt clean increases FPS and this has been proven.
players don't usually use only one mod(or keep Vanilla) and it becomes a snowball and the modders must be aware of it

Perfectionism or not, I use my syntax to make mod identification and localization easier because a mod called "Reno" doesn't help much. Is it a skin? Is it for truck or trailer? for which model? for which version game? I already have the same version? "Truck Skin - Peterbilt 389 Reno v1.0 by XYZ.scs"

PS: but the link you put is important, Carl. good remember. TY

Good week
Last edited by Theosz on 23 Oct 2020 05:20, edited 7 times in total.
PLEASE, vote for krizzy090's idea about ownable freightmarket skins viewtopic.php?f=185&t=276108
Brazil... shanty towns
m1keY

#6 Post by m1keY » 24 Oct 2019 22:08

yeah, why doesn't people use the template when provided - should prevent 99% of all fails ... as in any other way of modding ( skinning and so on)

as mentioned a lot of steam workshop mods are very bad in getting the correct spelling of these categories for example, hate that

Great work @Theosz !!
xXCARL1992Xx

#7 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 24 Oct 2019 22:14

warning in log will do exactly nothing, the manifest will be loaded exactly once and this is when the game is starting up and loads every mod once to check it, after that the manifest wont be loaded ever again

so i dont really care what the modders do with the manifest files, i myself skip it and use a generic one i edit for my mods and comment the description and preview image out

i have so many mods without manifests, to many categories, no images etc. because it wont change anything (and mostly because i know by name what the mods do that i made)

so i dont understand the fuss about all this, let the modder do it like he wants it, if it is wrong then it is wrong but it wont impact performance at all :roll:
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
Theosz

#8 Post by Theosz » 08 Nov 2019 17:37

I understand and respect your opinion, then each one in its square.

I have my side, the gamer side, who often very hard to buy computer parts to be able to play at peak performance and for some unknown reason still can't get a good FPS level in their games... and mainly, without lags!! \o/ /o\

I'm sure of one thing in the post that I did: barely doesn't

Here there is a saying about the snowball that accumulates, I think there must be this concept in other countries. Given this, according to my gameplays with ATS and ETS2, the more the mod avoids writing to SSD and especially HD, the better the much better since it is the slowest piece of HD performance. One mod doesn't make much difference, two maybe not, three ... four ... hmm.

I searched this forum for a player (my memory is bad, sorry) who reported his experience after my warnings and insistence on keeping the game.log.txt fully clean and as he is aware of mods he made a simple test: played with the mods he had and then cleaned, corrected all. He proved that he denied at first, he thought it was no importance as many still insist on saying and confirmed that I was right because he had a good increase in FPS both on the roads and, above all, at the entrance of cities simply because not even warning messages existed in game.log.txt and the game did not have to keep writing to the HD - hard drive.

Manifest is a single file, simple, small, low impact in fact, and with few rules ... but still there is great difficulty and willingness to do small things that help no one else, none other than the player himself.

PS: Many lags failed to happen in this player's test when he cleaned up the mods of various authors. Who likes lags because of 'simple' warnings and errors? TY

(google translator)
Last edited by Theosz on 08 Nov 2019 18:10, edited 1 time in total.
Brazil... shanty towns
Wolfi
Beta tester

#9 Post by Wolfi » 08 Nov 2019 17:54

As Carl said, manifest files are only checked upon loading the game. Never after that. So it's literally impossible for them, or their "lack of", to cause any loss of performance.
Of course, if you have otherwise broken mods that throw a ton of errors to the gamelog every single minute of gameplay they will affect the FPS. But manifest file has nothing to do with it, because even if it throws an error, this error is long gone once you start driving your truck in the game.
It's "read and forget" and as such it can not cause the "snowball effect".
The smallest details always make the biggest difference.
Theosz

#10 Post by Theosz » 08 Nov 2019 18:11

this has already been said, there is no need to repeat. it is a simple thing that can be done without error XDDDDD
Brazil... shanty towns

Return to “Modding Guides”