Truck Speed Limiter Customization

davidhicks1994

Truck Speed Limiter Customization

#1 Post by davidhicks1994 » 08 Aug 2018 04:48

Quick question for anyone who may know...

So I know that I can remove the Truck Speed Limiter in the options menu, but I was wondering if there's any possible way to edit the speed that the truck is limited to (checked the config file but couldn't find anything there). Thanks in any case, and have a wonderful day!
It's better to be the one in a million, than to be one of the millions.
zenon

Re: Truck Speed Limiter Customization

#2 Post by zenon » 08 Aug 2018 11:05

... older versions of the game had a saved speed limiter in the "game.sii" file, I know it is still working but I do not remember the screenshot, look at the game "STDS" ...
F4R35

#3 Post by F4R35 » 08 Aug 2018 15:18

Here's how you can change the speed limits from 90 km/h to whatever you want :

- extract def.scs from ETS2 steam folder using scs extractor
- copy game_data.sii to a new forlder and name it def and use winrar to pack it as .zip or .scs file and copy it to your mod folder
- now open game _data.sii and add this line :

Code: Select all

truck_speed_limit:	90
between those two lines

large_garages[]: 	prefab.281

used_truck_odometer_min: 500000
and you can change 90 to the speed you want
"Expectations are the thief of Joy"
ShadowStag

#4 Post by ShadowStag » 23 Apr 2019 23:33

Does this still work please Gents?

What I did:

large_garages[]: prefab.281
truck_speed_limit: 98

My question is: Is what I have done in the correct format please?
TurboJ

#5 Post by TurboJ » 03 Oct 2019 14:19

I would like to know if the speed limiter can be set to have truck-specific limits. I guess I could use multiple game_data.sii files each assigned to the respective truck, but I'd rather not touch the game_data.sii directly because of mod conflict issues. Would it be possible to have another .sii file that only contains the speed limiter data, and have this file override only those lines on the game_data.sii ? I was thinking of using the "include" coding for this.

But if I had say, two different speed limits in use at the same time (on different trucks ofc), would this be such a modification that could break the game options menus or something else important?

....EDIT. I just noticed that the 1.35x game_data.sii doesn't even mention speed limiter. So I guess I need to include in this question how this function is handled in the current game version.
room217au

#6 Post by room217au » 04 Oct 2019 16:46

@TurboJ The entire file is replaced in RAM when the mod(s) are loaded after the game files.
Even if you could use @include, you would still need a game_data.sii file as a mod for the reasons stated in the line above this one.
"truck_speed_limit" has been available for as long as I can remember, it's just not explicit anywhere. @Max had mentioned this parameter a long long time ago on this forum.
game_data.sii is global, and not truck specific, so I'm guessing you can't have separate truck-specific speed limits existing in the one game_data file.
Not sure what to suggest as a workaround tho :(
If you suck at playing the trumpet, that's probably why.
TurboJ

#7 Post by TurboJ » 04 Oct 2019 17:01

@room217au Thanks for the reply! I figured it could be impossible - but never mind, for my purposes it wasn't that important to being with. Naturally I'm open to hearing about it if someone foes find a way. My purpose would be to allow a fuel economy -optimized (remapped) engines to have a lower speed limit - but this is hardly essential :)
skyy-v8

#8 Post by skyy-v8 » 26 Apr 2023 14:57

Is it still possible to extract game data.sii make new def.rar and change max. limiter speed? It seems not to work for me.

https://ibb.co/MCSzGQS
hogback

#9 Post by hogback » 06 Dec 2023 16:06

F4R35 wrote: 08 Aug 2018 15:18 Here's how you can change the speed limits from 90 km/h to whatever you want :

- extract def.scs from ETS2 steam folder using scs extractor
- copy game_data.sii to a new forlder and name it def and use winrar to pack it as .zip or .scs file and copy it to your mod folder
- now open game _data.sii and add this line :

truck_speed_limit:	90
between those two lines

large_garages[]: 	prefab.281

and you can change 90 to the speed you want
Should this still work for the current version of the game? I did everything as mentioned but my speed is still capped at 90 kmh
Madkine
Global moderator

#10 Post by Madkine » 06 Dec 2023 20:42

It still works, but you cannot change the speed limit of WOT (external) contracts.
WoT Profile
ATS Workshop

"never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity"

Return to “Gameplay Questions”