North Dakota
9%
Illinois
15%

Total votes: 582

nautofon

Re: Poll: Choose the States you would like to see next

#2561 Post by nautofon » 13 Oct 2019 16:21

I expect even the plain states have some minor rolling hills. I'm actually eager to see that kind of scenery in the game.

Though I imagine SCS may have a hard time differentiating some of the plain states from each other for marketing?
For driving without GPS navigation:  ATS Company/Facility Directory — C/FD
flight50

#2562 Post by flight50 » 13 Oct 2019 18:55

I am sure there might be some. But typically the Plains are so flat that they are better off just classified as flatlands.

I am sure there will be subtle differences between all. Montana and Wyoming both will be very obvious. The Dakota's, Nebraska, Kansas and Oklahoma will all be fairly similar I am sure but we shall see. Once we know what roads we are on, we will know what stat we are in. Truckers learn the road very well and so will we.
rbsanford

#2563 Post by rbsanford » 13 Oct 2019 19:18

The Plains may seem flat and dull, but there are some interesting bits. North Dakota has its badlands, South Dakota has more badlands and the Black Hills, Nebraska has its bluffs to the west and sandhills to the north, Oklahoma has its mountains in the east, Kansas has... okay, I'll give you that, Kansas is pretty boring. All the Plains states have their rolling hills, and many of the roads run through river valleys.

The Great Plains aren't actually flat, contrary to popular belief. They're actually a giant slope leading up to the mountains. The eastern parts of the Plains are more green, but moving west the land starts to get more beige and the terrain starts acting up, a subtle transformation that's more noticeable when you cross the Plains in person, so there's even terrain and environment variation within each state.

Now Iowa: yeah, that's pretty flat. Iowa doesn't really have much to offer, other than the Valley of the Mississippi and the largest truck stop in the US.
The Journeys of Zephyr of the American West

Handy maps and diagrams.

Furthermore, I consider that I-80 across Nevada must be redone next.
flight50

#2564 Post by flight50 » 13 Oct 2019 19:52

Iowa 80 will definitely make the game. It will be the center piece of Iowa. I sure hope tuning packs are in by then because Iowa 80 should have a Service Center to buy tuning parts for our trucks. I also hope that by then, truck washes are valid.

Another thing that would be nice is the ability to increase truck mass at truck stops. Either dx11 allows it, SCS provides sliders for us to control or something. But truck stops need more truck traffic. Especially at night. I would love to try squeezing into one of the last spots to rest for the night.
interstate trav

#2565 Post by interstate trav » 13 Oct 2019 19:59

Floght50 I agree I look forward to the Great Plains as well. It will be a fun contrast from the Mountains don’t get me wrong I truly can’t wait for Colorado especially the 70 goi;g through. But since each state is made individually I have. A lot of faith in scs. They made New Mexico exciting so I think they will do the same with each state.
flight50

#2566 Post by flight50 » 13 Oct 2019 20:26

Yeah buddy. If they made something out of NM, I have zero worries. Colorado has my complete attention though. But I must and will enjoy everything that comes before it. But that I-70 will be a masterpiece of a road.
interstate trav

#2567 Post by interstate trav » 13 Oct 2019 21:03

I fully agree. I just am really wanting that 70 in Colorado. I think we all are.
Quark

#2568 Post by Quark » 14 Oct 2019 03:40

rbsanford wrote: 13 Oct 2019 19:18 The Great Plains aren't actually flat, contrary to popular belief. They're actually a giant slope leading up to the mountains. The eastern parts of the Plains are more green, but moving west the land starts to get more beige and the terrain starts acting up, a subtle transformation that's more noticeable when you cross the Plains in person, so there's even terrain and environment variation within each state.
Nobody can explain it better than you, rbsanford. People finally have to say goodbye to the assumption that everything is just flat and/or boring in this part of the US. I really like the hilly landscape in this video of BigRig Travels in south-western South Dakota. In the link the video starts at a little more than 1 hour, shortly before he enters I-90 in Whitewood i think. Mountains appear in the backround which must be the Black Hills.
interstate trav

Re: Poll: Choose the States you would like to see ne

#2569 Post by interstate trav » 14 Oct 2019 05:43

Every state will have a unique feel. Give the developers some credit. Look at the states so far aside from the base map and how they look.
ilovevolvo

#2570 Post by ilovevolvo » 14 Oct 2019 05:48

they look quite similar because us has distinct regions. quite not every state is different by far. if it wasnt for the state signs, you wouldnt be able to tell most of the time what state you are in.

SW [NW ROCKIES] [MW PLAINS] [SE NE]

similar areas i have put into into brackets.
when potholes and winter?

Return to “General discussion about the game”