Louisiana 2022
5%
Arkansas 2022
1%

Total votes: 294

flight50

Re: Poll: Choose the States you would like to see next

#2651 Post by flight50 » 03 Nov 2019 21:16

The problem is rebuild don't bring in money. That's why I'd hope they'd do those 2 one by one. By the time those rebuilds happen, we should have more trucks in. I hope more trucks get more to buy. If those rebuilds get pushed beyond a year from now, even more trucks and more maps will be in place. Maybe they will have the manpower to put 2-3 on rebuilding those city by then. I am still really really hoping the few that started up that 3rd map team have done their training using those 2 cities as their training. Pavel never said how many they have for that 3rd map team but I am sure it is no more than 2-3 which is indeed small. But good enough to do rebuilds once properly trained. If 1 guy is on Texas, that small 3rd map team is not there. So rebuilding those 2 cities would be perfect.

I think SCS has something up their sleeves though. I wouldn't announce rebuilds either because of how we'd take it with harassing them for updates and how much longer. Look at how things went with people harassing SCS for Germany rebuild. Sneak those rebuild in just like Tonopah. But to me, not only will those rebuilds bring those cities up to par, but since they are base map, that drives the demo value up. If people see they updated such old areas, they'd be more enticed to try the completely new build areas (dlc's). If Vegas and LA look good, imagine what the paid dlc's are like. I am sure many that look at it like that, would be thoroughly impressed and they'd be like you guys and myself. Completely sold to keep supporting ATS. I wouldn't worry about the rebuilds too much though guys. They will come someday. SCS acknowledge their need to be update to be on par with current dlc's. The most important part is to not loose faith in SCS and believe they will do the right thing. Frustrating a bit, yeah, sure I agree but it is what it is.

The other thing is that since we have 2 full map teams, we don't want to slow down their progress. They must keep pushing forward as an experienced groups. The newbies coming in nowadays had been doing the additional roads. Now they are probably being trailed to do cities. Everyone has their strengths. One could be good at landscapes and away from cities, the other the opposite. Then you probably have some that are good at both. I would love nothing more than to see a city rebuild blog roll in with one of these updates. 1.37? So far we know the sound overhaul is coming. If SCS doesn't pull from their bag of tricks once 1.36 goes public, we must look forward to the next update and so forth.

@rannorgana. Gotcha. I guess you lurked in on us a bit. Well I am always running my mouth on here, lol. So perhaps you may have read the post I was referring to.

Shiva

#2652 Post by Shiva » 03 Nov 2019 22:09

flight50 wrote:
03 Nov 2019 19:20
https://imgur.com/7w8ZNs1
@flight50 That is what would open up for 3 map teams to work on USA, without stumbling unto each others areas.

Team X works east from Texas. "LA, AR?, MS, AL, FL"
Team Y works north from Texas. "OK, KS, NE, SD, ND"
Team Z finishes Montana.
Team X continues to work east towards Florida.
Team Y continues to work north, towards the Canadian border.
Team Z works towards the Canadian border, about 1 DLC east and south of Team Y. "AR?, MO, IA, MN"

That for an example.
NTM's B-Double Telescopic Skeletal Container Carrier. Youtube video on how it works. W & S thread.
B-Double trailer and short modes: EN 7.82 swap body, 20’ or 30’ containers.
Standalone 40' mode: EN 7.82 swap body, 20', 30', 40' or 2 x 20' trailer.

ads678

#2653 Post by ads678 » 03 Nov 2019 22:19

I see some people here talking about Montana before Wyoming. Are you kidding me? It will be a ridiculous map shape with a big hole between Colorado and Montana.
Attachments
ugly_map.jpg

Shiva

#2654 Post by Shiva » 03 Nov 2019 22:26

ads678, I agree with you.
NTM's B-Double Telescopic Skeletal Container Carrier. Youtube video on how it works. W & S thread.

SuchManor

#2655 Post by SuchManor » 03 Nov 2019 22:36

Don't know if it's been mentioned but I found CO state route 17 in the game files.

What good is a world without good detail?
Check out my screenshots

flight50

#2656 Post by flight50 » 03 Nov 2019 22:46

@Shiva. Your team X will turn into team North when they should stay working the Central states. What you are saying is that team x will work (4) states and team Montana will stay on Montana that whole time? What ever team does Idaho would probably do Montana and the Dakotas and sweeps across the North going East. What ever team does Texas would probably work the Southern corridor to Florida. That 3rd map team would fill in the gaps between North and South. But working adjacent states has been debunked so that's not an issue like we all use to think. As long as 2 don't need the same sector, they just work around things.

But no, we can't have Montana before Wyoming. Either go North to South in one direction or West to East in one direction. Don't do a North then a South and plan to meet in the meeting or a West to East and meet in the middle. You recreate gaps. In the situation like now once Utah drops, even without Idaho, that's not the same type of gap as Montana without Wyoming presents. But no Montana severs I-25 coming out of Denver as well as US-191 and others I am sure.

@SuchManor. There has been leaks of Colorado work in the editor already here.

SuchManor

#2657 Post by SuchManor » 03 Nov 2019 22:53

Yeah I know about the whole bridge thing I was watching the live stream at the time. Didn't know if anyone knew about the CO sign image.
What good is a world without good detail?
Check out my screenshots

flight50

#2658 Post by flight50 » 03 Nov 2019 22:58

That I am not sure. But I am sure those that like to find things in the map editor could have found it.

Shiva

#2659 Post by Shiva » 03 Nov 2019 23:06

@flight50
Team Z works towards the Canadian border, about 1 DLC east and south of Team Y. "AR?, MO, IA, MN"
Z, the team that worked on Montana.

Wait, I'll slightly shorten what I wrote on the earlier post

Team X works east from Texas. "LA, AR?, MS, AL, FL" towards Florida.
Team Y works north from Texas. "OK, KS, NE, SD, ND" towards the Canadian border.
Team Z finishes Montana. Then works towards the Canadian border, about 1 DLC east and south of Team Y. "AR?, MO, IA, MN"

flight50

#2660 Post by flight50 » 03 Nov 2019 23:11

@Shiva. I understand you now. Your team Z is the same in which I am calling the Central states. Basically joining the North to the South.

Return to “General discussion about the game”