Mack Trucks Discussion Thread

Evil_Jason

Re: Mack Trucks Discussion Thread

#11 Post by Evil_Jason » 13 Dec 2019 19:18

I thought I found a Mod-Truck dealer....

Good to know it is a SCS integrated dealer
If something is not round, it has then edges or it is broken.
flight50

#12 Post by flight50 » 13 Dec 2019 19:21

I agree with everyone in regards to the game files. I do think a Mack comes with 1.36, granted nothing holds it up. Either something is close as in closer than we think, or it gets pushed into January. I know SCS goes on holidays, but the mass majority, isn't affected by a truck release at SCS. If Pavel still wants to get that second truck out, there is still technically 2.5 weeks left in the year. Some can even postpone holidays until the truck is out. The entire company isn't responsible for the creation, the release nor the fixing of issues if released. Weather a second truck came of not, we will see a few SCS employees jump on during the holidays at SCS. The Lonestar just released with no bugs day one. If SCS is going thru trucks with a fine tooth comb, the next truck can be in the same boat and have no major issues over the holidays. If the game files have Mack in, I don't see a Daimler truck coming before it considering there is an under construction truck prefab. I am sure that is the place holder for Freightliner and/or WS.
Mohegan13
Global moderator

#13 Post by Mohegan13 » 13 Dec 2019 19:46

I don't think Mack will come for 1.36.

There's absolutely no mention of it by SCS, no teaser, nothing. The only thing we have is the dealer prefab which is just the Volvo one with different logos. From my view they added the dealer purely because it was convenient to do it now since they were making map edits for International.

While it's entirely possible they wanted/was told to keep it completely hush hush and release it as a surprise, that would seem unlikely to me since it is positive marketing to at least say something.
[ external image ]
I reserve the right to be 100% wrong.
Something isn't right, nothing feels the same.
Everyone around me Is a different shade of grey.
rip_c_bennington

#14 Post by rip_c_bennington » 13 Dec 2019 21:10

For me it's very mysterious that Mack has truck dealer prefabs but no official announcement or something, and on the other hand, Freightliner was already announced 2018, and no Freightliner dealer was added yet. Maybe they got Mack licenses ready but the truck has yet to be built and Freightliner is maybe already built but they got licence problems?
flight50

#15 Post by flight50 » 13 Dec 2019 22:01

My thinking is why add files for 1.36. The other thing is, Pavel said 2 trucks hopefully for 2019. We have no word for that second truck yet. 1.37 won't come out until perhaps March-May of 2020. If that second truck doesn't come in the next 2.5 weeks, we go to 2020. Now its very possible that 2nd truck isn't a Mack. We did get a new Cascadia teaser. Something else could also pop up that wasn't talked about. Pavel did say back in Jan/Feb that there are various working models in production and that no brand is left behind now. A Mack also came on that sound recording blog along with the new Cascadia. Whether is a Mack or not, I do think another truck drops with 1.36 though. I am waiting for the Cascadia either way. I am must eager to see all the current truck model in ATS that I currently see on North American roads. That's what excites me the most.
howey

#16 Post by howey » 13 Dec 2019 23:07

The best chance on having 2 trucks this year were having 2 International's especially since both models that were speculated about shared a lot of features between them. Now that we know that is not the case there won't be another truck this year and i'm quite confident on that. Best chance now would be Feb-March next year and I have a feeling that we will know more about the second or next truck during the end of year stream. Even though there might be 2.5 weeks left of the year they will probably only work upto Christmas Eve at the latest which is only 1.5 weeks away. I wouldn't want them working over the Christmas/New Year break when they can be spending time with their families or friends, let them have a holiday and recharge for whats in stall for them next year instead of trying to pump out another truck just to satisfy a few people.
Marcello Julio

#17 Post by Marcello Julio » 13 Dec 2019 23:12

At ATS 4th Anniversary Livestream in February of the next year We Will Possibly Know the next truck!
flight50

#18 Post by flight50 » 14 Dec 2019 05:44

howey wrote: 13 Dec 2019 23:07 instead of trying to pump out another truck just to satisfy a few people.
It's not about satisfying a few people though. Its about trying to accomplish what they said they'd try to do. Pavel is the one who said hopes to get out two. Yes, hope and promise is two different things. I'm not saying they promised anything but Pavel sure seem optimistic about two is all I'm saying. We didn't ask for two, Pavel mentioned two. No hard feelings if it never comes though. I am more interested in this Xmas stream though. Unless the truck is the new Cascadia, I won't be head over heels about driving it. So I am cool with whatever comes and whenever it comes. My joy will be getting that Cascadia.
FrancescoMasci

#19 Post by FrancescoMasci » 14 Dec 2019 07:22

I'm ny opinion, the two trucks in the work were the Lonestar and the new Cascadia (from the hints on the teaser topic). The cascadia has been teased a long time ago and it must be ready by now (and the old Cascadia was ready since 2016, according to the old license blog).
If Pavel said that he hoped to release two trucks, probably he was more optimistic about getting the Freightliner license. (If he said that all brands are accounted for, maybe they are only waiting final approval, who knows), but maybe sometime between the Cascadia teaser and now Mack granted a license and they are now working on a Mack truck. If it take 1 man year, I guess we might ending up getting the Mack by June.
All speculation of course.
howey

#20 Post by howey » 14 Dec 2019 10:14

flight50 wrote: 14 Dec 2019 05:44 It's not about satisfying a few people though. Its about trying to accomplish what they said they'd try to do. Pavel is the one who said hopes to get out two. Yes, hope and promise is two different things. I'm not saying they promised anything but Pavel sure seem optimistic about two is all I'm saying. We didn't ask for two, Pavel mentioned two.
I'm sorry Flight but there are a few keys word's that you said that can be twisted in people's mind into thinking that they are going to be released and not hopefully be released and you acknowledged that yourself. I'm not saying your one of them cause I know your not and the majority of people on here are in the same mindset but there are other's on here and on other platforms that continuously carry on about 2 trucks being in this year because he (Pavel) said so etc when that isn't entirely the case at all, if they did miraculously include the second truck this year (which I doubt) it would be more for satisfying the naysayers that continuously harass them about the second truck then achieving in what they said imo.

Because if there isn't 2 trucks in this year like I said in a previous comment in the past a lot of backlash will occur for sure towards SCS unfortunately and there will be a lot of serious doubt in believing in what they say from then on, it is already risky waters with the LB MIA and the Trailer DLC not being mentioned in nearly a year in half now, adding this to the pile will have a lot of fans questioning SCS and Ultimately could affect sales in the future/long term. I do hope I am proven wrong for the sake of this not harming SCS but I have been doubting a second truck from a different manufacturer for a couple of months now and so far my doubts are proving right.

Return to “General discussion about the game”