[SIGNAGE] Safety signs

Kraake
SCS Software

[SIGNAGE] Safety signs

#1 Post by Kraake » 20 Dec 2019 14:07

Hello,

AFAIK there should be currently present two standards of safety signs. Older ones (on the left) & newer ones (on the right).

[ external image ]
:arrow: source HERE

Is someone able to tell me what is the situation IRL in the US? Which standard do you see more nowadays (don't forget to mention, where are you from, please).

Is there some law which says, that all the signs should be changed until some date, or the older ones are still valid and they will be changed eventually... ?

Thank you in advance!
local_raleigh

Re: [SIGNAGE] Safety signs

#2 Post by local_raleigh » 20 Dec 2019 15:16

At least in central North Carolina, we see the 1941 styled signs for non road use. For road use, we see diamond signs in the format of XX'-X", or pictured below from the famous 11'-8" bridge in Durham, North Carolina.

[ external image ]
Kraake
SCS Software

#3 Post by Kraake » 20 Dec 2019 16:18

Cool, thank you for info.

Just to get the correct info: In this case we are more focusing on plates, or stickers which are usually on some sites, company grounds etc, not on the road (except electrical equipment, etc.).

We do not need specific signs, but the most important is the style (mentioned above), which one is more common.

Much appreciated!
flight50

#4 Post by flight50 » 22 Dec 2019 23:38

After looking into this a bit more, I will take my guesses. Honestly, the best route might be just use the newer signage regardless. OSHA is trying to push everyone here to use the new updated signage as they are not only up to date, but some are more informative than in the past. If companies are to update, its only a matter of time when companies will be required to do so. You guys can be that one step ahead and not have to go back and update to the newer signs if you do it from the start. Kill two birds with one stone. All the online signage selling sites I am seeing, are all of the newer design. But I bet someday, to comply, the newer signs must be used. For new construction or renovation projects, I know my firm has to use newer codes for buildings when they are adopted at permit. I am sure old signs are grandfathered in perhaps. But once a new building or space is in construction or anything is altered, the newer standards apply which means they loose the grandfathered part because of alteration.

Here is a pdf with some good info.
Kraake
SCS Software

#5 Post by Kraake » 03 Jan 2020 15:54

Thank you!
rookie_one

#6 Post by rookie_one » 09 Jan 2020 17:30

While I think about it :
http://www.rsr.transports.gouv.qc.ca/

Full complete list of Signage in quebec.

I know that it will be a while before you get to Quebec or even other canadian provinces, but I thought it would be a good idea to include it here (note that many signs, are unique to quebec, so take that into account)

Also, for the back of road trains in canada :
https://www.transports.gouv.qc.ca/en/ca ... canada.pdf
https://www.transports.gouv.qc.ca/en/ca ... -07%29.pdf
Engine and Transmission compilation mod : here
Kraake
SCS Software

#7 Post by Kraake » 14 Jan 2020 18:23

One day my friend, one day...

Thank you!
heroictrucker

#8 Post by heroictrucker » 14 Jan 2020 18:55

Also there sign on the electric pole that says hight voltage also there a sign for the gas pipe line too ;)
rookie_one

#9 Post by rookie_one » 27 Jan 2020 19:54

@Kraake I know, don'T worry.

That said some signs such as the one for LCV/Turnpike doubles (basically 2 53 feets together) could be put in-game next version. The pictogram is recognized as valid in the US as far as I know
Engine and Transmission compilation mod : here
ye_gonna_be_ye

#10 Post by ye_gonna_be_ye » 09 Apr 2020 23:54

Is Northern Illinois and Southern Florida, I see more of the left side signs. Probably because it's cheaper to keep the old signs than replace them. Not to mention either side is just as effective as the other.
im a man of culture

Return to “American Truck Simulator”