Mack Trucks Discussion Thread

flight50

Re: Mack Trucks Discussion Thread

#31 Post by flight50 » 14 Dec 2019 23:47

@TruckerDog. See, why you gotta spoil our fun and our bust up our theory, lol. Now we have to find something else to make out as a hint, lol. Well if you want to put on Western clothes and wear like a Star, or perhaps put on a conductor suit as if your driving a Freight in a straight line, then those can be hints. We are ready for the next truck hype. This second truck whether it comes this year or not, could speak up for itself at any time. The two most unique trucks ATS will get is the Lonestar and the Anthem. Getting both those done and available would be sweet.
TruckerDog
SCS Software

#32 Post by TruckerDog » 15 Dec 2019 00:03

Well. only time will tell. ;)

Edit: And no, I won't do any teasers with my fursuit. :roll:
I like trains. 🚂

...and trucks too. 🚛
howey

#33 Post by howey » 15 Dec 2019 01:08

@flight50 well lets just hope i'm wrong in that case like I said, even though I have my doubts about it I rather be proven wrong again in this case. I wouldn't like to see SCS cop a lot of backlash over something silly that people have mistakenly twisted them selves.
supersobes
Global moderator

#34 Post by supersobes » 15 Dec 2019 01:11

Most furries would not be particularly happy about a company using their fursona like that anyways. A fursona, or furry persona, is part of a furry's identity. It's something that is unique to the individual, and it shouldn't be used or exploited by other people or companies in such ways. I know that once I finish working on my fursona, I would not like it if someone was using it as part of an advertising scheme, even if it was a company that I support such as SCS.
Limey21

#35 Post by Limey21 » 16 Dec 2019 17:47

Hope it is the anthem, i really love the look of it.
Blackspots

#36 Post by Blackspots » 17 Dec 2019 03:22

TruckerDog wrote: 14 Dec 2019 17:26 I can assure you my fursuit has nothing to do with Mack. :lol:

@flight50 Yes, I'm working in the QA department as tester. :)
I'm sure you saw all the furry hate on the Instagram post "Furries are ruining my game!" among others.
Author: C2C Eastern New Mexico, Texas, Oklahoma and Kansas improvments
ETS2 Map Combo: PM, Scandinavian Addon, RusMap, SR, The Great Steppe, PJ Indo Map
ATS Map Combo: Coast to Coast, CanaDream, Tonopah Reworked, US Expansion, Viva Mexico
TruckerDog
SCS Software

#37 Post by TruckerDog » 17 Dec 2019 23:38

@ShirBlackspots I didn't and I don't care. :) My hobby does not imply anything on my daily work, so... yeah.
I like trains. 🚂

...and trucks too. 🚛
howey

#38 Post by howey » 28 Dec 2019 06:42

Thought I would bring this topic alive again and ask anyone on why they dropped the mp10 series engine from the NA market? From what I read it was because they believe the mp8 can do the same workload as the mp10 while reducing emissions & fuel economy. Yeah that engine might be ok for GCM/GCW upto 80,000lbs and perhaps 105,000lbs but anything after that would be a struggle and the benefit of better fuel economy and less emissions would go down the drain due to the motors lower output & torque range engine working harder on a longer basis especially on routes they have a lot of hill climbs. If any local or anyone that knows more about why they did it could explain to me better would be much appreciated because I think in today's economical logistics society where a lot of countries are trying to increase overall weight to reduce the amount of overall vehicles on the road having a 505hp motor ain't going to cut it imo lol.
flight50

#39 Post by flight50 » 28 Dec 2019 07:20

If I had to guess, the same reason the Titan was discontinued..........low demand. There was an article on why the Titan went down somewhere around the net that I saw. It cost way more to trying keeping a dying breed alive, so might as well just let it go. That is also how the Anthem came about. I am sure it competes better in the market with the common T680, 579, VNL and LT.
pigbrother

#40 Post by pigbrother » 28 Dec 2019 08:31

Their parent Volvo also discontinued the D16 around same time. I'm not that knowledgeable in this matter, but maybe they are targeting the fleet operators and the 13 liters engine is way more popular in this market segment? Or maybe even the owner operators are more careful with the fuel economy? Nobody kills something that makes money.
I have approximate knowledge of many things

Return to “General discussion about the game”