American Long Haul installer Taken Down

Scania Driver

American Long Haul installer Taken Down

#1 Post by Scania Driver » 08 Jan 2020 13:18

Hey guys! I own 18 Wheels of Steel American Long Haul and I just got a brand new computer. So I went to the official site of the game (https://americanlonghaul.com/) and I tried to download the trial to activate with my serial. However...

Unfortunately I don't know how to upload images here. But If click the download link, a 404 error appears. I don't know if the game is too old or whatever, but the installer can't be downloaded anymore I think. So how can I proceed now? The publisher of 18 Wheels of Steel American Long Haul (ValuSoft) ceased operations! Should I try to contact SCS Support? Once I just mentioned the game in an email and they said they couldn't do anything about it. Fortunately the inquiry was about another thing.

What's your suggestion? I really appreciate a solution!
Blackspots

Re: American Long Haul installer Taken Down

#2 Post by Blackspots » 09 Jan 2020 01:58

It should be available on Steam.
Author: C2C Eastern New Mexico, Texas, Oklahoma and Kansas improvments
ETS2 Map Combo: PM, Scandinavian Addon, RusMap, SR, The Great Steppe, PJ Indo Map
ATS Map Combo: Coast to Coast, CanaDream, Tonopah Reworked, US Expansion, Viva Mexico
Madkine
Global moderator

#3 Post by Madkine » 09 Jan 2020 11:43

While it has a steam page, it doesn't look like you can buy it anymore. Or any of the other 18 WoS titles.
WoT Profile
ATS Workshop

"never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity"
Scania Driver

#4 Post by Scania Driver » 09 Jan 2020 18:24

Actually it is on Steam and you can buy it, but I think it's not worth it... I could actually buy dlc's for new games with this money. However, I think I found the installer with a recovery software in a very old pc. I feel sorry for the people that formatted their pc's or don't know to use this kind of software.
Madkine
Global moderator

#5 Post by Madkine » 09 Jan 2020 20:06

Ah, maybe it's not been given a converted price for my region then.
WoT Profile
ATS Workshop

"never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity"
TwinShadow

#6 Post by TwinShadow » 11 Jan 2020 18:26

A fair number of currencies were updated at some point and a lot of people have complained on various forums that they can no longer buy a game because of that update. SCS will probably get that taken care of maybe, depends if they can get it cleared with Valve or something for the game on Steam.

For the site, I couldn't say why it may have been removed, but it's likely it'll probably reappear at some point.
Bill Gates

#7 Post by Bill Gates » 20 Jan 2020 08:09

Madkine wrote: 09 Jan 2020 20:06 Ah, maybe it's not been given a converted price for my region then.
It's not listed on SteamDB in Australian dollars, so I think it's not available in the country.

Here's the page for the game if you want to try:
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1252 ... Long_Haul/

Nostalgia about the times Scs made good games
Blackspots

#8 Post by Blackspots » 22 Jan 2020 04:33

@Bill Gates Are you saying the ETS2 and ATS aren't good games? I actually don't like those old games because they're much harder to play, including the original ETS. Especially since they don't recognize any other input besides keyboard and mouse.
Author: C2C Eastern New Mexico, Texas, Oklahoma and Kansas improvments
ETS2 Map Combo: PM, Scandinavian Addon, RusMap, SR, The Great Steppe, PJ Indo Map
ATS Map Combo: Coast to Coast, CanaDream, Tonopah Reworked, US Expansion, Viva Mexico
Bill Gates

#9 Post by Bill Gates » 25 Feb 2020 17:35

Blackspots wrote: 22 Jan 2020 04:33 Are you saying the ETS2 and ATS aren't good games?
Yes. To me, ETS and ATS are terrible. I've already explained my point in another forum with some members that went mad when I said I didn't like the game.

But, in a nutshell, these games are only playable if you buy dlc's. This is misleading to the new customers that buy the full game thinking they'll get a good experience. But when you get into the community, you discover you have like 20% of the essential game because everything else is paid DLC's. I think SCS should be honest with their clients and price the game realistically. With a higher price, probably, but the real one.

In the likes of American Long Haul, Extreme Trucker 2, or even the early days of Euro Truck, like 2012, you could just buy the game and enjoy the 100% of it. If they stopped at Going East, everything would be perfect. But they went too far thinking only about money. Very sad, but that's it.

I wonder what will be the price of American T. Simulator when they complete the map... :lol:
Mohegan13
Global moderator

#10 Post by Mohegan13 » 25 Feb 2020 18:22

It'll be exactly the same price or less.
[ external image ]
I reserve the right to be 100% wrong.
Something isn't right, nothing feels the same.
Everyone around me Is a different shade of grey.

Return to “18 Wheels of Steel: American Long Haul”