FMOD Discussion [ATS]

Robinicus

FMOD Discussion [ATS]

#1 Post by Robinicus » 16 Jan 2020 16:04

Hi all,

With the upcoming implementation of FMOD, I thought it made sense to have a separate topic on it in hopes SCS would see some of the ideas and work from the community along with sharing technical information and support for modders.

Please keep this discussion only to the topic of FMOD, there are plenty of other topics out there for other aspects of the game.

Thanks,

Rob

IMPORTANT INFO - I am getting a lot of questions on problems being caused by people not following the basics of working with FMOD so thought I would highlight a few things.
  • 1. You MUST use the SCS template linked below unless you are planning on creating your own entire master bank for the game; this would only be for very experienced users as it involves creating a whole new soundscape for everything in the game. If you do not start with the SCS template your mod will not work in the game no matter what you do
  • 2. Take the time to actually read the information at the SCS wiki site, in particular the information here https://modding.scssoft.com/wiki/Docume ... nd/Modding
  • 3. Start with a simple project like voice navigation to get used to the tool and how it works. Many people are trying to jump from 0 FMOD experience to the most complex projects as their first attempt
  • 4. Use the information in this post, in the tips and reference sections there is pretty much all the additional information you need beyond the limited info SCS has shared; it is in this post for a reason
Troubleshooting:

<ERROR> Seeking in zlib compressed files is not allowed - compressed audio files cannot be read in the game; when creating a .scs file for sound mods you must use the "store" option (if using 7zip) or non-compressed file storage (if using other zip tools) when creating the archive. This may also throw the <ERROR> [fs] cached read - buffer update failed along with it as well

Symptom Error - Sound continues to play in game/garage menu when I hit F1/Esc - the bank was either not routed or was not routed correctly; the sounds will play because the buses were created correctly but the controls for on/off and spatializer cannot be utilized without proper routing. Example images of several types of routing are shown below in the reference section.

Error code 69 - you have used the incorrect version of FMOD - as stated below, the version used in the game and to create banks for the game must match. Revert to the correct version by doing a complete uninstall of FMOD and installing the correct version and then rebuild your banks.

Error code 70 - this one seems to be more of a general error as I have seen it generated for 3 different reasons so far and suspect there will be others yet to discover.
  • You are trying to load two banks with the same name; this is going to be more of a problem over time if people do not use unique names and use names like "engine.bank". The solution for this one it to look through the details of any mods you are running and rename where practical
  • Similar to the one above - this can also be generated when two different active mods call for the same engine name; there are details on this page about the important of using unique names for sii files. The solution for this one it to look through the details of any mods you are running and rename where practical
  • The file name is too long - FMOD can only support bank names of up to 25 characters including any underscores, periods etc. Using file names longer than that will also generate error code 70
Error code 74 - most common reason is you have made a bank from scratch instead of using the SCS template. The template must be used for creating new banks or the game master & strings banks cannot control it even though you can hear the sounds properly when listening to it in FMOD. To correct this, follow these steps:
  • 1. Create a new folder on your desktop; save your existing files and rename your fspro some other name
  • 2. Download & extract the SCS template http://download.eurotrucksimulator2.com ... ct_137.zip in the new folder you created and rename the included fspro to what you want your mod name to be
  • 3. Open both your old and your new fspro in 2 different sessions, create a new bank in your new fspro and right click/copy your event(s) from the old fspro over to the new fspro on the event browser tab. This will bring in all the samples and settings you used & assign the event(s) to your new bank
  • 4. Open the mixer routing from the "window" option on the top menu bar. Click the down arrow to expand the appropriate Grp and drag your event(s) into the proper sub-folder - there are sample images of correct routing for several bank types in the reference section below
  • 5. Save, build & generate GUIDS, rename GUIDS.text to [your bank name here].bank.guids and you are good to go

Useful links:

SCS
FMOD

Important according to the FMOD TOS you MUST include the FMOD logo in any work - it can be downloaded in a variety of formats at the FMOD download page Tools - note: I will only post links to free tools/resources here
Community developed modding guides
Engine Mod Work Flow (simplified version):

These are the steps I took to create the Detroit Series 60 mod; there are other ways to approach building an engine mod bank but this one is easier for users without a lot of FMOD experience.
  • 1. Create a new working folder named the same as your engine mod or something you can easily find
    2. Add a folder in working folder for your samples. I used the old structure of int & ext as subfolders as many of the old samples are named the same even though they are different sounds
    2a. optional - convert all sample ogg files to wav 48KHz 32 BIT using the online batch converter link above Note: if you do not convert to wav, when completing step 10 you need to move the samples 1 at a time and overwrite the existing ones
    3. Copy and paste the SCS project template from the link above into your working folder and extract. Rename the extracted template.fspro to [your engine name].fspro
    4. Download, extract and open the SCS Engine Project example peterbilt_579.fspro from above in one session of FMOD
    5. Open your [your engine name].fspro in a second session of FMOD and create a new bank named what you want your engine to be called - ex: series_60
    6. Copy the events from the Peterbilt_579.fspro open in your first session and paste to the events browser in your second session - double check the assets came over as well, if not do the same process in the assets browser
    7. Open the event editor window in the Peterbilt_579.fspro session, click on the engine/engine folder in the event browser. This is where you can hear the sounds SCS used for this example, on the right pane you will see different tabs (timeline, rpm etc.). Click on the RPM tab and you will see the tracks used for the engine event on the left. Start with the "loaded" track, click on the first sample "loaded_1" and it will show as the master track for that sound event in the lower work area. Click the play button and then open your sample working folder from Step 2 above and compare sounds until you find the comparative from your replacement samples. (I will include the cross-reference I made for the Series 60 below but this is only a guide)
    8. Start a list and write down what sample you want to use to replace the SCS sample with and rename your sample wav to match the SCS name - ex: (SCS) loaded_1 = (my sample) ext/500rpm.wav
    9. Follow the same process for all SCS samples in all of the logic tracks under all of the tabs for all events (engine, exhaust, start_bad) in the engine & interior (blinker_off, blinker_on etc) folders
    10. Once you have all of your sample assets (wavs) renamed to match the SCS naming, drag those samples into the assets browser in [your engine name].fspro
    11. After all of your samples are in, still working in the assets browser of [your engine name].fspro, right click on the current SCS asset and select "replace with" your new asset with the same name. (example (SCS) loaded_1.ogg replace with (my sample) loaded_1.wav. FMOD will complete the hard work for you and automatically link all actions associated with the original .ogg
    12. Complete #11 for all of the assets you dragged over and delete the original (SCS) .ogg files; this is not absolutely mandatory as they will be in there as #unused assets and will not affect the sound mod but this will make your finished work smaller and is a recommended step
    13. One critical step in using this process is to go and route the events to the proper groups using the "Mixer Routing" pop-up window. Drag the engine/engine & engine/start_bad to the exterior/truck_engine Grp and engine/exhaust to the exterior/truck_exhaust Grp. This is the only routing/assignment that will not copy over from another fspro and if you do not complete this step you will not have proper sound functions with windows (and other game features) and the sound will keep running when you are in the game menus
    14. Double-check your work using the same process as step 7 to hear the changes you made; from here there is a lot of tweaking you can do at the track level
    15. Build your bank, export your GUIDS and rename the output text file to [your engine name].bank.guids and create the .sii structure to use the mod in game. A sample is provided below in the reference section, the folder structure is the same as previous engine mods, your [your engine name].bank & bank.guids files go in sound/truck
Engine Mod Work Flow (advanced version):

Thanks to Harven for putting these video tutorials together.

Using Live Update:

Live Update is a feature within FMOD that allows you to make changes in your mod in FMOD and hear them immediately in the game without having to rebuild your bank(s), rebuild a mod, load and test in the game. It is important to remember that any changes you make will not automatically update your mod; once you are happy with your testing session changes you still have to save your fspro, build your bank(s) and update your mod.

To access Live Update, make the following changes to your main ATS config.cfg file (tip - make a copy of your playing config and just swap in and out when editing or playing):

Code: Select all

uset s_live_update "1"
uset r_fullscreen "0"
uset r_mode_height "800"
uset r_mode_width "1200" (or some other resolution you like that is smaller than your desktop)
After changing your config, launch the game first and then launch FMOD (both launched as administrator level), opening whatever fspro you want to work on.
To connect Live Update, you can hit F5 in FMOD, or you can use the menu bar and select Connect to Game, or the easiest way is to click the icon in the lower menu bar shown below. Click where the yellow arrow is first and then the red arrow in the pop-up window that will appear, using the default "localhost" option.

After connecting you will see the Live Update On indicator is now green:

If you get socket errors, check that you have edited the config properly, that you launch the game before FMOD and that you are signed in at the administrator level. You may have to also grant port access depending on how you have your system security set.

To use the Live Update features, just open the fspro you are working on and have the same bank active in the portion of the game you are working on. For example, if you are tweaking an engine, you would start your truck with the engine you are working on in it, then make any edits in FMOD. Without saving your work or building a bank, you can immediately hear your changes when driving the truck in the game and re-adjust accordingly. This is a very good way to experiment with the effects of changing Spatializer settings or other effects that interact with the settings SCS is using; as a simple test, do a drive by, turn off the doppler effect and do a drive by again to hear what change you would hear in game with that setting.

I will repeat myself on this point; it is important to remember that any changes you make will not automatically update your mod; once you are happy with your testing session changes you still have to save your fspro, build your bank(s) and update your mod.

Tips:

Engine naming in sii files - This is an important one and has the potential to become a big problem as more and more people add engine mods. With FMOD, you can run virtually unlimited mods, the challenge is when two mods use the same sii name for the same engine. In the 1.36 and before mod world it did not cause an issue if you had multiple engines all named 'n14_435" for example, the game would just add multiple lines for the same engine in your workshop. With FMOD, this will cause errors, prevent engines from loading and in some cases cause game crashes. My suggestion is that you create your own naming system for both the sii file name (example - instead of "8v92_360" use a custom "xxxx_xxx" name) and for your "accessory_engine_data : 8v92_360.peterbilt.389.engine" use the same accessory_engine_data : xxxx_xxx.peterbilt.389.engine. The game does not care what you name these two as long as you follow the character limit rules and as long as your file name and accessory data line naming matches. You can still use whatever description you want for a name (example - name: "Detroit Diesel 8V92 360") that will show up in the engine list in your workshop.

Mod Load Order - As I add more engine packs, I discovered that if an engine is also included in a mod truck it will throw an error and default to the sounds in the mod; this may not be a concern once all mod trucks get updated engines at some point, In the interim though, that will result in getting the default "missing engine" SCS sound pack; make sure your load order for your sound mod(s) is lower in the mod manager than any trucks.

Samples - One of the best features of FMOD is its' ability to use almost any type of audio file; this also means that you do not have to covert your samples into only one format like we used to have to pre-1.37. If FMOD can use the sample, the game will recognize it as well. You will see many references to wav or ogg as many of the references are from engines but if you have something in FLAC or MP3 etc you can use it as well. You can also mix various formats in the same bank so let your ears be the judge on what sounds best as the end results; that is what matters, not an opinion or a white paper on what is "best"!

Zero crossing samples that are going to be set to loop. I don't think most know about this, as I hear a lot of pops and clicks in peoples samples. A lot of audio editors have the ability built in to help with selecting zero crossing points. But if the one being used doesn't, you merely need to add a fade in and out, on the first and last few hundred milliseconds of your sample. This will get rid of those pesky pops and clicks. - Thanks to Slider_556 for this one!

Another trick, if you have a long/steady enough sample:
-pick out and crop your desired loop
-duplicate it to a second track
-split the duplicated track somewhere in the middle
-move the end segment to a third track and align its beginning with the beginning of the original track
-move the beginning segment of the second track to align its end with the end of the original track
-crossfade the third track (the one aligned at the beginning) into the original track
-crossfade the original track into the second track
Sometimes that can also help alleviate warbling or ramping. You're basically guaranteeing that the loop point is continuous not only in value, but in slope too! - thanks to Smarty for this one!

Sample size - you should always try and use as small of a sample as possible; within FMOD it is very easy to loop samples seamlessly and to also position sound events on timelines so there is no reason to use long samples. We have not found the firm limit here yet but I can tell you for certain using large samples (i.e. greater than 5 MB) will cause issues with delays and undesired effects/interference during gameplay even though they sound good when being played in FMOD. If I do find the firm limit here I will update it with a more specific number.

Event Formats - Events can be created in either a 2D or 3D format; for engines & for horns, 3D must be used and for voice navigation, 2D must be used. If the wrong format is used, in game effects such as doppler will not work as intended and for voice navigation, the sounds will only be available in the preview menu etc. I will continue to update this list as we uncover the required setting for events in additional sound types.

Back-ups/previous versions - When you have a fairly close working mod and want a back-up before adjusting, use the save as option, rename it to something like "V1" at the end, build your banks and then revert to your original named working version. If you do not build the banks under your "save as" name, you will not have the full working previous version if you try revert to that "save as"; it will bring in the changed banks.

SCS Template - working with templates in FMOD makes creating banks that work properly much easier; however, templates can also add confusion as you can inadvertently open your existing work when you go to use the template again for a new sound creation. Prior to unzipping & opening the template, make a folder on your desktop (or wherever you save your mods) with the name of the sound mod you are planning to create, then copy and paste the zipped template into that folder and extract/open from within that folder. This will prevent opening (and potentially overwriting) any existing fspros you have created and also makes it much easier to find your work. The template will create the proper structure when you open it and make editing existing files down the road easier as well; FMOD will remember the location and associate all internal working links for that particular sound mod with it.

Bank.guid references - many of you have experimented with the extractor tools to understand what wav files SCS used to create their sounds. Be careful when you are building your new mods to use the x.bank.guids file ("x" meaning relative game name such as "weather".bank.guids) as a reference and not the extractions; in many of the extractions the wav files have different names or they have multiple files with chronological numbering that aren't used. If you use the existing x.bank.guids as a reference, you will get the naming and assignments right the first time.

Asset & Events - you can perform multiple assigning of events to speed workflow, but you must drag and drop your wav files into the asset browser first. Once they are in your asset browser, you can highlight all of them and assign them to new events provided you want the same format for all of them (2D/3d etc) by right clicking and selecting create events and check the 2D or 3D (as applicable) and check the button for "Create a new event for each asset". Do not drag new assets (i.e. the wav files you plan to use) directly into events and create new events or the GUID references will not work and you will pull your hair out trying to figure out what went wrong.

Mixer Routing - you can also move multiple events or assets at a time when using the routing mixer by highlight all using shift + click or selecting multiple using the ctrl + click options & dragging the files into the grp you desire. You must work at the event level in mixer routing; I prefer to just leave the mixer routing window open the whole time I am working on creating the mod as it is a great way to double check your work for accuracy on the fly.

File name limits - within FMOD there is a 25 character limit, including underscores, for any file name; if you exceed this limit the game with throw FMOD error 70. - thanks to Rockeropasiempre for this one!

Randomizing Assets in a track - Thanks to holecsko for putting together this video; this visualizes the process for using random assets more clearly than it was previously explained here in text.

Terms - As a community, we have agreed on using consistent terms to remove confusion when talking about working with FMOD

fspro  		the main project used within FMOD that will contain your bank, assets, events etc
GUID 		the individual reference used within FMOD and the game to identify an event, bus, parameter etc. ex: {77575f3b-b9cd–4bff–9056–637cff744a14}
bank.guids  	the summary of GUIDS used as a control within the game - exported by FMOD as "GUIDs.txt" and renamed to "[bank name].bank.guids"
asset(s)  	the raw files imported into FMOD to create events - ex: .ogg, .wav etc
event(s)  	the output of an asset that can be activated by FMOD in the game
Reference:

Sample sii for engine mod to work in game

SiiNunit
{
accessory_engine_data : dd60_600.intnational.lonestar.engine
{
	name: "Detroit Diesel Series 60 600"
	price: 31700
	unlock: 0
	info[]: "600 @@hp@@ (447@@kw@@)"
	info[]: "2@@dg@@779 @@nm@@ (2050@@lb_ft@@)"
	info[]: "1@@dg@@000-1@@dg@@500 @@rpm@@"
	icon: "engidd60"
	torque: 2779
	volume:	14.0

torque_curve[]: (300, 0.3)
	torque_curve[]: (500, 0.5)
	torque_curve[]: (1000, 1)
	torque_curve[]: (1400, 1)
	torque_curve[]: (1500, 1)
	torque_curve[]: (1700, 0.67)
	torque_curve[]: (2000, 0.5)

rpm_idle: 650
	rpm_limit: 2100
	rpm_range_low_gear: (900, 1500)
	rpm_range_high_gear: (1000, 1400)
	rpm_range_power: (1100, 2000)

engine_brake: 2.0
	engine_brake_downshift: 0
	engine_brake_positions: 3

sound: "/sound/truck/robinicus_s60.bank"

}
}
Sample routing for combined purpose mod

Sample routing for horn mod

Sample routing for engine mod

Sample routing for voice navigation mod

Here is the sample from my robinicus_3406esp.bank.guids for my Cat 3406E mod; do not copy the individual GUID references here for your mod, this is here as an example to help you troubleshoot any potential problems with your mod.

{1315eda7-1829-4dd8-9d1a-176f65637ab2} bank:/master
{8b08cd73-6952-019a-1b53-9d9194907c2a} bank:/master.strings
{a4c0b772-a291-47bd-b5a1-f18088d8c8a5} bank:/robinicus_3406esp
{e3504ea4-e791-43dd-af0b-beb87e487892} bus:/
{ef0877f2-ba09-411f-8f32-f431fc7e726e} bus:/cabin
{7fe623a8-a2f0-4ba8-ad2a-9cad68432851} bus:/cabin/interior
{760c0d67-622e-4543-9e94-1e7e37dfb798} bus:/cabin/window_left
{2f8f8562-8eeb-42d6-86a2-f0a5c036d7c2} bus:/cabin/window_right
{5bddde98-7604-4833-81d7-df0b307a4295} bus:/exterior
{65c10b8f-52be-4f54-bcd9-b8dcd1427863} bus:/exterior/traffic
{52b7d8fb-7ead-4438-83d2-646facb01c43} bus:/exterior/trailer
{d8d9330a-e2b2-4b37-816d-f0109b428471} bus:/exterior/truck_effects
{227ad6ae-7787-4c93-9cf8-207435ebe965} bus:/exterior/truck_engine
{a6fea95d-53c2-4734-b208-9d68bbd9a825} bus:/exterior/truck_exhaust
{40329ee1-2dd0-4a5b-aef0-8924ffb03b95} bus:/exterior/truck_noise
{0b954e93-6f9f-4ef0-852e-bab956b95778} bus:/exterior/world
{e444b724-08f5-47a6-871b-ea35f8292e32} bus:/game
{5776935e-d63e-4125-9165-e19190e3f432} bus:/game/music
{336d263c-bbdc-49d3-8fab-77bf34f88544} bus:/game/navigation
{31d5e844-c381-4cf1-8012-7ab2dc0d11ec} bus:/game/ui
{358d4460-e6a5-41fb-b749-5e6b163bffa5} bus:/game/ui_music
{c64321c7-f2b2-4335-bb0c-70d79cdb10e8} bus:/game/voiceover
{6c654054-562b-497e-bcff-7eb7d7f459c9} bus:/radio
{fa111b3d-d50d-4aeb-9127-711345293b53} event:/engine/engine
{c531068f-b8be-4dcb-bf72-8281e84b4d04} event:/engine/exhaust
{5f08a1e6-9c6d-4500-a580-a9f0b1d28387} event:/engine/start_bad
{e8bc8dc3-8f8f-43d7-a94f-704490fa3876} parameter:/cabin_type
{e2275c9a-60c3-4822-ac1f-4d728f76d384} parameter:/daytime
{d7f3a984-c9ac-4db1-927a-e0fc130c5fed} parameter:/engine/brake
{50e7ab47-26be-4985-ba0b-36c0e5368d70} parameter:/engine/load
{e68765d2-e0d8-44d3-97f5-5497a5816126} parameter:/engine/play
{b36fd63e-9f2a-4278-933c-0ffa99b80425} parameter:/engine/rpm
{285e7cd2-1124-4ac5-a977-c00995faacf2} parameter:/engine/turbo
{5f7188af-536b-4567-886e-46c3501ed67c} parameter:/exhaust/load
{f5884b74-93e4-4e5f-9208-d310960f2e27} parameter:/exhaust/play
{3866a366-9706-41ee-a994-6dbd599bfe1b} parameter:/exhaust/rpm
{e066374f-5e5b-4463-96e9-313c49d45724} parameter:/wnd_left
{2f6538c5-e771-4dde-bbf8-08d07904b144} parameter:/wnd_right
Here is the sample from my english_morgan_us.bank.guids for my Morgan Freeman voice navigation mod; do not copy the individual GUID references here for your mod, this is here as an example to help you troubleshoot any potential problems with your mod.

{8edc6e34-259b-4d0f-826a-c9303d9ef9bf} bank:/english_morgan_us
{1315eda7-1829-4dd8-9d1a-176f65637ab2} bank:/master
{8b08cd73-6952-019a-1b53-9d9194907c2a} bank:/master.strings
{e3504ea4-e791-43dd-af0b-beb87e487892} bus:/
{ef0877f2-ba09-411f-8f32-f431fc7e726e} bus:/cabin
{7fe623a8-a2f0-4ba8-ad2a-9cad68432851} bus:/cabin/interior
{760c0d67-622e-4543-9e94-1e7e37dfb798} bus:/cabin/window_left
{2f8f8562-8eeb-42d6-86a2-f0a5c036d7c2} bus:/cabin/window_right
{5bddde98-7604-4833-81d7-df0b307a4295} bus:/exterior
{65c10b8f-52be-4f54-bcd9-b8dcd1427863} bus:/exterior/traffic
{52b7d8fb-7ead-4438-83d2-646facb01c43} bus:/exterior/trailer
{d8d9330a-e2b2-4b37-816d-f0109b428471} bus:/exterior/truck_effects
{227ad6ae-7787-4c93-9cf8-207435ebe965} bus:/exterior/truck_engine
{a6fea95d-53c2-4734-b208-9d68bbd9a825} bus:/exterior/truck_exhaust
{40329ee1-2dd0-4a5b-aef0-8924ffb03b95} bus:/exterior/truck_noise
{0b954e93-6f9f-4ef0-852e-bab956b95778} bus:/exterior/world
{e444b724-08f5-47a6-871b-ea35f8292e32} bus:/game
{5776935e-d63e-4125-9165-e19190e3f432} bus:/game/music
{336d263c-bbdc-49d3-8fab-77bf34f88544} bus:/game/navigation
{31d5e844-c381-4cf1-8012-7ab2dc0d11ec} bus:/game/ui
{358d4460-e6a5-41fb-b749-5e6b163bffa5} bus:/game/ui_music
{c64321c7-f2b2-4335-bb0c-70d79cdb10e8} bus:/game/voiceover
{6c654054-562b-497e-bcff-7eb7d7f459c9} bus:/radio
{068f18f3-6a2e-44e3-b6f2-11fd1c43844a} event:/and_then_exit_left
{ce00eb5a-3db8-4634-879b-cbe412653cbd} event:/and_then_exit_right
{071d1df3-78d7-45a4-b513-fcc9e020d7d8} event:/and_then_go_straight
{c5394b62-de8c-4d23-b567-41852f5e26db} event:/and_then_keep_left
{344214a5-219b-4eef-9089-33460fd3ce79} event:/and_then_keep_right
{e9263542-2fce-4a1e-b557-a02aa826454b} event:/and_then_turn_left
{cc9f93ac-70d6-47ff-91bc-514742ffb262} event:/and_then_turn_right
{7f413e0a-cf17-44dc-bf54-47ed4c49f7b3} event:/compound_exit_left
{b4af9a2e-50d3-4700-ac5a-720f354c0cec} event:/compound_exit_right
{098c2bc8-1c1b-442b-a161-cf985e56d347} event:/compound_go_straight
{670196b9-9c91-4205-9440-f7a4aed7806d} event:/compound_keep_left
{121db3cc-a066-4534-9959-93bcc043312f} event:/compound_keep_right
{67fc34c0-d224-4ff1-9582-0960633f82d1} event:/compound_turn_left
{04e5e691-1899-4bac-80c6-26852f2e3861} event:/compound_turn_right
{d4e2c35a-d586-49b3-9300-1360ddba3e42} event:/exit_left
{f24df8a7-0051-4aab-af35-fe3abafcee28} event:/exit_now
{0db5f72f-5674-49b1-b975-790653d3aef6} event:/exit_right
{cca8432b-62d8-4470-839c-f7757dd4e45a} event:/finish
{2a611715-3ffa-4ceb-85a6-7b5848512ca4} event:/go_straight
{cfc237f8-a578-4244-a7bb-12e0ea0ab204} event:/keep_left
{77745131-80ea-4919-8659-955993100e43} event:/keep_right
{b5e63f0f-8ac8-4365-b775-48d22622c0f7} event:/prepare_exit_left
{64515c9e-fa61-428d-acc0-c2ec937d4f89} event:/prepare_exit_right
{056d0d09-40a0-4d27-aa99-a58e7a3a8bb1} event:/prepare_turn_left
{3f69e215-ccfc-44dc-83de-dcdddec2985e} event:/prepare_turn_right
{ca6fab56-1fc4-478e-ae11-7e6a6029eb25} event:/recomputing
{196aa08f-6145-45c8-ac25-1184055cf96a} event:/roundabout_1
{ee947ac0-51d3-487c-9828-c539e00eac99} event:/roundabout_2
{0121f704-c4d2-4ba0-9252-d3cd1a100170} event:/roundabout_3
{e0f087eb-ea22-4dec-89d3-34b1574d9d08} event:/roundabout_4
{c58ef020-b1f1-442f-87c9-ff8d63a5cea1} event:/roundabout_5
{88859f11-c67c-479d-a6f5-49202f6516fe} event:/roundabout_6
{8344ef66-1bd4-4582-9f6d-e3c3b50807d0} event:/speed_signal
{275a7623-34cb-45dc-b286-ed9647cbe707} event:/speed_warning
{cf4af4ed-0a31-4d4f-a047-0b6ffa0f7d24} event:/start
{d5da6656-6922-41f9-bb6b-1dda136d2e66} event:/turn_left
{c42867b6-3000-46ce-a542-b19330cdb62b} event:/turn_right
{0a999ce7-c9dc-4090-8305-130d10add9aa} event:/u_turn
EDIT: I am going to post anything on the technical side of FMOD in this post only and just edit over time similar to how the people with map mods etc manage their threads so people don't have to search through pages of info
Last edited by Robinicus on 04 Jul 2020 01:34, edited 118 times in total.
MS Flight Sim 2020 - Alpha test team - Whoot! We finally moved to closed beta in prep for August 18th release!

Don't PM me for FMOD help, ask on the forum so others can learn from it as well

My sound work is only for friends from now on

supersobes
Global moderator

Re: FMOD Discussion

#3 Post by supersobes » 17 Jan 2020 00:43

@joschac2 That's awesome! It will be cool to see the day when roads in ATS sound like that. :D
Scania trucks are the best, but the Peterbilts are good too.
Road signs are just as important as the road itself.

World of Trucks Profile | ATS Screenshots | ETS2 Screenshots | Forum Rules

room217au

#4 Post by room217au » 17 Jan 2020 01:05

Robinicus wrote:
16 Jan 2020 16:04
There is no way to export to a consolidated .wav or .ogg that the game could read once they implement FMOD, it will only read the .fdp
Does this mean that we'll be able to create high quality stereo sounds, or even have reverb in tunnels?
@kriechbaum .. what do you say?
Two wrongs don't make a right, but three lefts.. do.

Robinicus

#5 Post by Robinicus » 17 Jan 2020 02:06

Last edited by Robinicus on 21 Feb 2020 20:19, edited 1 time in total.
MS Flight Sim 2020 - Alpha test team - Whoot! We finally moved to closed beta in prep for August 18th release!

flight50

#6 Post by flight50 » 17 Jan 2020 02:56

Well they have had plenty of time to adjust to it. I'd like to think they got someone to train them on it. Otherwise, they are self taught. It wouldn't hurt to get professional trying on the people that sale it to companies. That offers the best support. I am sure Fmod will do well for SCS. It will be an upgrade for sure to what we currently know.

yukonjack_ak

#7 Post by yukonjack_ak » 17 Jan 2020 03:05

As a longtime Forza Motorsports fan (uses FMOD), I'm really looking forward to seeing what SCS does with it. Having different pavement types make different sounds, the echo and reverb in tunnels, hearing the leaves whip up as you drive by, and the incredibly rich engine notes from Forza are what make the game more than just an arcady-ish sim IMO and really add to the world building.

I sincerely hope that Kriechaum and you, Robinicus, are able to translate the already great engine libraries you have to FMOD as I think the vanilla sounds lack any sort of umph at all (I need a C15 to sound like a C15 and not a leaf-blower).
My ATS Steam Workshop
- Western Star 4900FA Patch
- Mack Anthem Bull Bars
- Cascadia Sunvisor Fix
- Sweet Bran skin for SCS Grain Hopper

Robinicus

#8 Post by Robinicus » 17 Jan 2020 03:26

@yukonjack_ak thanks for the kind words, Kriechaum & Wilson212 deserve a hell of a lot more credit than me...I just took some of what they did and tweaked it to my own eq and level tastes....without their work I wouldn't have had anything to work with.

Blackspots

#9 Post by Blackspots » 17 Jan 2020 03:33

FMOD will make sound mods obsolete.
Author: C2C Eastern New Mexico, Texas, Oklahoma and Kansas improvments
ETS2 Map Combo: PM, Scandinavian Addon, RusMap, SR, The Great Steppe, PJ Indo Map
ATS Map Combo: Coast to Coast, CanaDream, Tonopah Reworked, US Expansion, Viva Mexico

Robinicus

#10 Post by Robinicus » 17 Jan 2020 03:45

Last edited by Robinicus on 21 Feb 2020 20:30, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “General discussion about the game”