Poll: which map expansion do you think is the best?

Which map expansion do you think is the best?

Going East
1%
Scandinavia
12%
Vive le France
7%
Italia
21%
Beyond the Baltic Sea
17%
Road to the Black Sea
41%

Total votes: 242

Jatruck

Re: Poll: which map expansion do you think is the best?

#11 Post by Jatruck » 22 Dec 2019 18:13

Going East has a great potential. Rebuilding it can make to sell it at same price than the other DLC's, despite it age.
natjer3

#12 Post by natjer3 » 22 Dec 2019 21:47

Thanks a lot for your opinions, keep 'em coming. Here is my opinion.

Going East: feels like it was a part of the base game they didn't manage to impliment in time because the quality is pretty much the same as the base game. Nevertheless, I believe that this DLC is a must have as it adds the rest of Poland and all of Slovakia (just Bratislava in the base game is just way too little).

Scandinavia: I always enjoy going to Scandinavia especially Norway, the roads leading to Bergen. It has a really good quality imo. My favourite part is the Oresund Bridge. I think they should expand this DLC more northwards tho.

Vive le France: I really like this DLC and I believe it set the bar high for the forthcoming DLCs with its quality. The bridges in my opinion are pretty beautiful. Corsica is a nice little addition to this DLC and together with Sardinia has created a beautiful archipelago. Although, The toll booths constantly slow you down.

Italia: My favourite DLC! I have been to this country many times. Before there was only the northern part. That totally didn't do such a beautiful country justice. Seeing that the rest of Italy was going to be added, was a very happy moment for me. Adding Sicily was the beautiful cherry on the cake. The roads at times can be challenging too, especially going across the Appenini mountains. The toll booths here are much better than those in France. Most of the roads are still tolled but you don't need to stop for toll booths as much as France. Adding Sardinia was a welcome addition in my opinion which made the country feel full.

Beyond the Baltic Sea: Having 5 countries added all at once was great in my opinion. Also I really like driving in Russia and the Western Diameter in St.Petersburg is a joy to drive on. Adding the border control was really good as it created quite a lot of realism. Adding the HCT trailers was a great addition although I believe that we need more roads to drive them on. I think we also need Finland to be expanded too.

Road to the Black Sea: I haven't played yet sorry :(

Conclusion: Overall great content. In my opinion Going East needs a hefty revisiting. The only other DLC I think that needs to be revisited is Scandinavia, mostly Denmark.
Vinnie P.B.

#13 Post by Vinnie P.B. » 22 Dec 2019 22:57

Any last DLC is better than previous, even the poll shows that.
natjer3

#14 Post by natjer3 » 26 Dec 2019 23:44

I have bought RTTBS

WOW

The borders are excellent with the xray and weight stations. Romania has pretty cool signage. The country roads are very beautiful and so are the buildings. There are some challenging mountains in Romania too. The Danube bridge border crossing is pretty cool in my opinion. Bulgaria is also a pretty nice country. The Bulgaria -Turkey borders are my favourite as they requure quite a number of checks. The Turkish highways are pretty good too although the roundabouts can be confusing at times. The weight station implementation is very interesting and makes Turkey feel like a pretty strict country. Istanbul is a work of art. I love the buildings found there. It makes it feel like a pretty interesting city. Overall I feel like this is a great dlc possibly even better than BTBS
Last edited by Mohegan13 on 28 Dec 2019 10:08, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Quote Removed - Unnecessary self quote.
Sandhill

#15 Post by Sandhill » 27 Dec 2019 02:49

The base map would be the greatest to someone like me who loves mountain driving the most, given a complete redo. It really is my favorite geography.
1. Scandanavia...if I had to have just had one country it would be Norway, see my love of mountain driving above, although there's not much else in it I am that fond of.
2. Italy...I just like the atmosphere
3. France...I just like the atmosphere
4. BS...nothing exciting but it is newest and best done
5. Baltic...nothing exciting but it is newer and better done than 1, 2, and 3, and I do like all of the Baltic shoreline
Poor GE will compete with BTBS and RTBS if and when it ever gets the redo it deserves.
Jatruck

#16 Post by Jatruck » 27 Dec 2019 09:52

My vote is for Baltic. I like too Italia, France and Scandinavia. Going East needs a rebuild, but I think it has a great potential. Black Sea seems for me more of the same.
ScaniaMaster

#17 Post by ScaniaMaster » 18 Jan 2020 01:50

I do really like driving in the expanded Italy, I have not played the newest one yet, but it is on my list because of all the new features.
OldVern

#18 Post by OldVern » 20 Jan 2020 08:21

Road To Black Sea, definitely. In fact I just nuked my "commander" to start a new profile based out of Craiova.

It doesn't seem forced like some of the other maps where yo get tunnels which don't exist in real life, but put there by the devs as scenic breaks. The Scandinavia map has those particularly odd roundabouts in a tunnel en route to Bergen which I'm sure can't exist like that in real life!
Reis_6

#19 Post by Reis_6 » 27 Apr 2020 14:19

In my opinion:

1-Scandinavia
2-Italia
3-Road to the Black Sea
4-Vive La France
5-Beyond the Baltic Sea
6-Going East

'Scandinavia' SCS should add an expansion as soon as possible;
'Italia' its simply beautiful;
'Road to the Black Sea' its amazing, but Scandinavia its even in my hearth;
'Vive La France' sounds good but in TMP its empty... with Iberia DLC maybe come back to the golden days;
'Beyond' Its full of rotatorys and i dont like this to much;
'Going East' even though be just an addon, its a very important DLC because they connect the base map with two DLC's;
Some newbie driver

#20 Post by Some newbie driver » 27 Apr 2020 15:03

Of course France is empty in TMP... lots of tools that doesn't allow crazy-GTA drivers to keep they 150km/h cruise speeds :roll:

And if you dislike roundabouts, you are going to hate Iberia.

Return to “General discussion about the game”