Euro Truck Simulator 3 concept map

krmarci

Re: Euro Truck Simulator 3 concept map

#11 Post by krmarci » 15 Jan 2020 21:04

What you are mentioning - e.g. sound updates, graphics updates, multi-core support - are "just" optimisations. Don't get me wrong, they are hard to create, but I would hardly call it a new game if it was implemented. It just isn't that much game-changing in my opinion. The best case is version number 2.xx.
Some newbie driver

#12 Post by Some newbie driver » 16 Jan 2020 00:11

Well, I will remember you that post in a few years once we could get all of those "optimizations" to ask you if you still feel playing the same game. :P
bobgrey1997

#13 Post by bobgrey1997 » 16 Jan 2020 03:39

A game can change to the point of unrecognizabilty (when compared to initial release version) and still be the same game.
This is exactly what IMPROVEMENTS do
He did not say it will feel the same as first version. However, these will be released slowly. This means that their impact will feel smaller. If they were released all at the same time, it would feel different (new graphics engine, new sound engine, new physics, multicore, etc)
New graphics engine is technically already released (in the form of switching to DX11). Go ahead and tell me that it feels like it whole new game.
No single improvement is big enough to make it feel like a different game.
Some newbie driver

#14 Post by Some newbie driver » 16 Jan 2020 15:03

So far ETS players only know slowly gradual improvements because the CPU constrain have been there all the time. Even a big change like DX11 isn't complete; they dumped DX9 but most of the game still doesn't benefit from full DX11 features. It would not be until 1.38 that we could start to see real DX11 performance and probably it would take them 1 or 2 more updates to squeeze it well.

Now, look at this forum and imagine 25% of what we ask could be implemented in one single year because the CPU constrain had disappeared. That they need no more to make balance between what they add and what they lose. Now think if you would call it simple improvements or if you would think we had an ETS3 de facto. That's what I'm talking about. The day they make that change, if it arrives (I'm expecting them already working on it); the change would be of a magnitude never seen before on SCS games.

Regards
erkinalp

#15 Post by erkinalp » 16 Jan 2020 19:56

We are going to have self-driving trucks before they start making ETS3. I would rather stay at ETS2 2.0 Final.
krmarci wrote:Map ratio is 1:10.
Current map scale is very close to π:60, allowing some significant performance improvements in the code by simplifying some computations. The other possible scale available for such simplification is π:24.
dsf.fernando

#16 Post by dsf.fernando » 20 Jan 2020 02:10

krmarci wrote: 14 Jan 2020 19:28
Map ratio is 1:10. City density is based on the average city density of the ETS2 map (excluding RttBS).
Even with 1:10 scale I think some cities featured in this map concept would not be possible to be added due to being too near to another city (ie: Elvas too near from Badajoz)
Proud student of Games and Multimedia in the Polytechnic of Leiria - the Portuguese capital of game development
(and still hopeful the city will feature in the game with a garage someday)
OldVern

#17 Post by OldVern » 20 Jan 2020 17:58

I would like to see slightly larger scale maps which would give more potential for driving the side roads rather than just up and down the motorways. In fact, not unlike the last Black Sea DLC.

The economy model probably needs the biggest overhaul, including a more detailed and dynamic background simulation (to coin the Elite Dangerous paradigm). This could be either as the SP game or (like ED) part of a multiplayer environment where every cargo shifted has an effect on the overall economy. Areas could suffer from a downturn or even recession which might mean relocating elsewhere for more lucrative jobs. Perhaps a business has a sudden demand for a product and extra rewards are paid for deliveries to achieve that goal. The payment for some of the jobs could definitely do to be nerfed - I'm sure real trucking companies don't get paid a 5 figure sum for a 2000km haul.

More robust when it comes to the effect of updates on mods. I only just put ProMods 2.43 on after the 1.36 update which promptly broke again with the Black Sea add-on.
dbddimov

#18 Post by dbddimov » 21 Jan 2020 14:12

just do i think that if SCS and Giants SOFTWARE come together and make a new game for Farming or Dump Simulator or Mine Simulator it will become a very good game if they take their best qualities.
MrCapital

#19 Post by MrCapital » 21 Jan 2020 16:01

Some newbie driver wrote: 16 Jan 2020 15:03 ...see real DX11 performance...
And we who doesn't play in DX mode we see no gain in performance at all. In fact, we have gotten the opposite, worse performance with the latest updates.
[ external image ]
- retired modder - do not disturb -
Some newbie driver

#20 Post by Some newbie driver » 21 Jan 2020 17:32

And your point regarding what I said is... ?

Return to “General discussion about the game”