Germany re-research tips

krmarci

Re: Germany re-research tips

#61 Post by krmarci » 07 Feb 2020 12:05

But there are other cities that could be included, as well. For example:
* Ulm could fit in easily between Stuttgart and Munich.
* Wörth am Rhein has a Mercedes-Benz truck factory.
However, I think it's unlikely they will be added. SCS doesn't have the resources for that.
Carthoo

#62 Post by Carthoo » 07 Feb 2020 15:17

There's a lot of cities that COULD be included - for all the different reasons - but they weren't. Those development decisions might be changed, but don't keep your hopes high. The main goal of Germany rebuild is to have it more corresponding to the rest of the (newer) map and to give it some care with our new techniques and options.

Only after the main goal is reached (or at the moment you can see it in some distance) there's some space to think about additional tweaks and garnishes.
Fluent in a few languages, sarcasm and irony included. /truth on - currently overloaded, sorry for not answering your PMs - will do so once I got some time

"I can confirm by denial. What's your superpower?"
O.G.IceCube96

#63 Post by O.G.IceCube96 » 09 Mar 2020 15:44

@Carthoo Thx for your fast responce, i didn't get to it lately and then forgot to reply... I thought that it wasn't really going to happen, but asking doesn't cost anything so why not try ;) Also while im here wanna say i really like your ETS2 Teaser threat, and hope to see a new one SCSoon. I know the community is really fast in finding them, but i hope you dont give up :D

@neolithos That would've been a good one too that i didn't think about, but i meant another one.

And for something you mide be able to fit in when you come from Stuttgart on the A8 at Günzburg to your right side is the Lego Land Germany which has a viewing platform that you can see really good. But i think when you come from munich you should also be able to see it somewhat. Now of course i know that there is no way you could call it Lego Land, but maybe you can find another name that would at least make it somewhat clear. The platform also moves up and down so its somewhat unusual. I know it mide be another afterthought, but anyway better i share it than not.

Here's a overview of it, if you click on the icon for the "tower" you can see some pics of it from the outside and even inside. Seems that it is hard to find some from far away like the A8 to get a better view of the area and where it stands...

https://www.google.de/maps/place/Aussic ... 10.3034887
K_Robin

#64 Post by K_Robin » 14 Jul 2020 16:51

Hi everybody,

while once again (of so many times) driving from Frankfurt via Mannheim to France, I got another idea for the rework of western Germany.

Since there is no A6 Mannheim -> Kaiserslautern -> Saarbrücken in the game, the main connection from central Germany to France is the Bundesstraße B10 which leads a bit south of Mannheim through Rhineland-Palatinate more or less to the French border. Right now that part of the road is a bit low on highlights even if (I think) this is a highly frequented route from and to France. The B10 is a quite impressive route featuring many tunnels, leading directly through the hills of the "Pfälzerwald" (a huge forest region in southern Rhineland-Palatinate). You can also enjoy a nice view on the castle "Trifels" placed on the top of one of the hills and watching the valley. I attached some views to this post.

Edit: I found a Youtube video of someone driving the B10. From minute 24:00 on he leaves the Autobahn and drives the B10 in direction west.
https://youtu.be/U2sFTiH7l1U
Valley with the B10 looking east to castle "Trifels"
Valley with the B10 looking east to castle "Trifels"
Valley with the B10
Valley with the B10
Additionally the fictional road from Mannheim to Cologne could be replaced by the real A61 connecting Mannheim with Cologne. That would make it possible to include the "Moseltalbrücke" of the A61 over the river Mosel. (Also an image attached)
Bridge of the A61 over the river Mosel
Bridge of the A61 over the river Mosel
Those changes would make the southwest of Germany more interesting (right now it is pretty empty) and the drive to and from France more entertaining.

Attached: Some quickly edited overview map
Overview
Overview
Lyriax

#65 Post by Lyriax » 23 Jul 2020 07:48

Hi everyone!
This is my first post here regarding the rework of Germany. I want to focus a bit on the area surrounding Stuttgart. I’ve made a brief overview of the area, as well as a detailed view of some intersections and a detailed view of a possible area in Stuttgart. On a large-scale view, there are clearly some missing highways in southern Germany. The A5 which leads down the Rhine valley to Basel. The A6 runs from south of Mannheim to Nuremberg and the A7 which runs from the southern tip of Germany to the northern tip. Here an overview.
stuttgart ets2.png
Intersections:
A: Dreieck Karlsruhe
karlsruhe dreieck.png
B: Dreieck Leonberg. The A8 and A81 merge into the small section, which the two highways share. The Leonberg tunnel comes right after the intersection on the A81 (north) part.
leonberg.png
C: Kreuz Stuttgart. The A81 separates again, the short highway A831 leads into Stuttgart center
stuttgart kreuz.png
D: Stuttgart Degerloch exit, which is a very complex intersection between the A8 and the B27 right next to the airport. A focused detail right below:
ets2 detail.png
Picture of the tram bridge: https://www.pz-news.de/cms_media/module ... 137290.jpg
E: Kreuz Weinsberg. Intersection between A81 and A6.

Hope this could help for a rework of one of the more unrealistic cities of Germany and give a bit of information.
Noah_Lukas

#66 Post by Noah_Lukas » 23 Jul 2020 15:46

The A5 in the southern part isn't that much of an importance to the game, it would be more important to concentrate on areas like the A7 (which is/was secondary road is most parts) but to add to this please keep in mind what Carthoo said before. (Those development decisions might be changed, but don't keep your hopes high. The main goal of Germany rebuild is to have it more corresponding to the rest of the (newer) map and to give it some care with our new techniques and options.)
K_Robin

#67 Post by K_Robin » 24 Jul 2020 11:59

Sorry, I can't agree with that.
The A7 via Würzburg and Ulm only makes sense if those cities are included. As Carthoo said, it is not the plan to add new cities, so it is quite pointless. Especially if you look how empty the real southern part of the A7 is.

The A5 is the main connection to Switzerland (and further to the north west of Italy) and highly frequented, the real A5 is packed full every day. The border at "Weil am Rhein" has a high importance to commercial traffic.

Right now driving to Switzerland is quite unrealistic since you have to use the A81 (more used by tourists to the "Bodensee") or drive via France. Nobody does that.

I really like the ideas of Lyriax. The A5 is an important connection and the passing of the "Schwäbische Alb" and of Stuttgart with the famous airport parking garage definitely need an overhaul.
Noah_Lukas

#68 Post by Noah_Lukas » 26 Jul 2020 10:28

That might be the case in reallife though the main goal of this rebuild is to get rid of the old vanilla Germany as it was untill this day. The A5 in this context is not part of it nor is there an available connection on the southern end. ;)

Speaking of missing areas it would be more important to fill the "hole" where Saarland is supposed to be as it is a pretty big hole (compared to the rest of the map) which has always been missing and which has always been standing out than just a connection which can be detoured by an already exising motorway though.
mira666

#69 Post by mira666 » 28 Jul 2020 17:02

@Dirk I know its a bit of an ask, but is there any chance we could have a UK Re-Research Topic?
ETS2 and ATS Vanilla Gamer 2012-Now
dsf.fernando

#70 Post by dsf.fernando » 29 Jul 2020 23:30

krmarci wrote: 07 Feb 2020 12:05 But there are other cities that could be included, as well. For example:
* Ulm could fit in easily between Stuttgart and Munich.
* Wörth am Rhein has a Mercedes-Benz truck factory.
Augsburg could also fit between Stuttgart and Munich, but i don't know if it's more relevant to the German economy than both cities you mentioned
Proud student of Games and Multimedia in the Polytechnic of Leiria - the Portuguese capital of game development
(and still hopeful the city will feature in the game with a garage someday)

Return to “Euro Truck Simulator 2”