10%
Illinois
15%

Total votes: 578

plinio.lisboa.br

Re: Poll: Choose (2) States you would like to see next

#3451 Post by plinio.lisboa.br » 07 Mar 2020 18:08

Guymon - OK.
In this city on the western edge of the state of Oklahoma we own Surprise, ...pork (bacons - up!) factory meat.
Strange so far SCS Software has not deployed some extremely important animal loads in the United States.
- loads - chickens.
- loads - pigs.
SmokeyWolf

#3452 Post by SmokeyWolf » 07 Mar 2020 20:10

I hope Colorado brings us meat plants in Greeley and Ft Morgan. I will be all over that. Will take me back to my meat hauling days.
flight50

#3453 Post by flight50 » 07 Mar 2020 23:29

Actually Idaho or Colorado can bring us cattle livestock. I don't know everything there is to trucking but from being on here, the past several months I am learning of several facilities that can be in the game. Per this list, there are quite a few meat plants that can come to ATS this year if either Idaho or Colorado introduces livestock (cattle and swine) to ATS.

California - Fresno, Ca - Cargill
Colorado - Morgan/Brush off I-76 and Greely/Pierce are both off US-85 - could we get 2 plants in Colorado
Idaho - Twin Falls, Id - has a swine plant. Kuna,Id close to Boise has a Cattle plant. Could fall under Boise
Oregon - Klamath Falls - Masami Foods
Utah - JBS

Fresno, California
[ external image ]

Klamath Falls, Oregon
[ external image ]

Logan, Utah
[ external image ]
SmokeyWolf

#3454 Post by SmokeyWolf » 08 Mar 2020 00:54

They forgot National Beef.
plinio.lisboa.br

#3455 Post by plinio.lisboa.br » 08 Mar 2020 00:58

Yes, we can have different types of animals to be transported to meat factories.

It would be interesting to transport the animals, which are on this list that you presented. :)

Interesting carried bison for slaughter.
  I liked the idea of how bison is transported. I was curious now?
I never ate Bison barbecue .... SNIFFF. :(

It must be great!!!
  ah ...... but there is a serious problem!!!
  Will the forum vegans will push for no more animal transport to be included? Everyone knows that there is a Vegan Lobby on the forum.
  Will they let us transport + animals?

Join:
* M T V C - Movement of Virtual Cattle Transporters - ETS2 *
United class, without carrot.

Thought of the day:
"They try to stop me from transporting live animals, but they want to force me to transport dead vegetables". :(

Bison could be a Load to the state of Wyoming.
  Perhaps there are BISON breeding farms there! :)
I think they will let us transport bison!

The video is self-explanatory in the argument, it will be very interesting transported bison!

--Transport Bison -- The transport of the bison will require practically nothing from SCS Software, it will only have to make a specific corral, for the bison to place some bison.
It would be much better if the loading was animated, with the animals moving to get into the transport trailer, and make that one swing on the suspension.

-- Farm Bison --WY
As I suspected, it is possible, yes, to transport bison as an exclusive cargo of the State of Wyonming.
flight50

#3456 Post by flight50 » 08 Mar 2020 02:16

@Larry71490. Thank you Sir. They did indeed but at least you didn't forget, lol.

First chance we can get them though looks like Kansas. Texas looks like just a trucking company. I think we have a chance to get Kansas around 2023 or 2024 if SCS builds South to North.
[ external image ]
SmokeyWolf

#3457 Post by SmokeyWolf » 08 Mar 2020 02:28

I use to work at Nationals Carrier. I would still be there but had some personal issues to attend to.

National Beef actually owns National Carriers.

Running lanes were always in a loop as National Beef was our primary customer followed by Hershey, Taylor Farms and Del Monte.

I would always leave Texas load for Oklahoma then deadhead to Liberal or Dodge. From there would could go anywhere but I always ran the 4 to 5 stop loads going to the east coast such as Hunts Point in Bronx, NY. From there deadhead to PA and reload for St. Louis. From St. Louis to Ft. Worth and repeat back to Kansas or run to Galveston and run bananas to Denver which I always called the 287 shuffle. From Denver reload pallets or beer back to Kansas.

Beef loads went everywhere but we always would loop back to Kansas. Fun times it was.
interstate trav

#3458 Post by interstate trav » 08 Mar 2020 02:49

Flight I have to admit I was going to add some pickup spots for the Central Valley in my map because of how much agriculture there is. I had a job as a courier at one point and I remember making a delivery to Handford where there are plants and that’s near Fresno.

Oh and I’m excited about Colorado I can’t wait and I’m keep8ng my fingers crossed about he rebuilds. I know my Los Angeles is a lot but after driving through Portland today I noticed they cheated quite a bit and I didn’t loose a sense of distance. Just my opinion.

Also it looks like we might get that boxed up map. Then I want Texas, after the rebuilds though.
flight50

#3459 Post by flight50 » 08 Mar 2020 03:15

Lol. Its always cool to hear trucking stories and what you guys had/have to do. Seems like most truckers have great memories running the highways. Its no easy job I am sure. It has it pros and cons just like anything else. But the freedom and the open roads seems like it gives you a peace of mind. Until that one jerk cuts you off on the highways, lol.

So North Texas is the hub for National Beef then? That's where things start from? Other than Denver, you didn't have to really cross the Rockies huh. I wonder if North Texas could act as a distribution center. DFW in ATS should be fairly huge. If there are less than 10-12 different companies in DFW, SCS missing the mark imo, lol. I know the road system will be hell to build but there is a ton of trucking in North Texas. A good portion of current companies should be in the DFW area for sure. A few are below. Others can apply too but these are a few.

Bitumen - never ending road construction here
Charged - Best Buy
Coastal Mining - sand/cement yards in several places
Drake - too many options
Eddy's - Walgreens/CVS
Home Store - Home Depo/Lowes
Plaster & Son - too many options
Olthon Homes - DR Horton or anything else
Rail Export - Dallas Intermodal
DFW Airport
Sell Goods - too many options
Tidbit - Aldi, Neighborhood Walmart,
Voltison Motors - Generl Motors
Walbert - Walmart

This isn't even including any new companies SCS might want to come up with. But any on this list can apply. Don't even mention Houston. Everything in DFW plus Seaports, shipping yards, Oil & Gas. Cities and towns become more numerous East of I-25. Fresh meat will need to come but at the same time, the National chains should be present where they apply.

@interstate trav. I definitely hope SCS can double back on California. As time goes on, industries are really kicking in. Unfortunately Cali was the first state so it will be missing the most. But with rebuilds, it can benefit from a lot. The longer it takes the rebuild Cali, the better honestly. That means more industries can get established in ATS and SCS can add to other parts of the map later. They brought forestry to Northern Cali. That was cool. I am sure more will come in due time. Oil/Gas, Agriculture, Portland and Seattle caliber ports. Just hold on tight man, lol. Your maps are pretty good and I hope SCS can incorporate as much of it as they can where things fit at 1:20 scale. Just don't be too disappointed if they can't get LA as dense as you like. Its a beast of a road system over there. Fairly dense indeed. A rebuild of any kind in LA will be better than what we have I am sure. The way they map now would definitely get people make into California with good rebuilds.
Last edited by flight50 on 08 Mar 2020 03:22, edited 1 time in total.
SmokeyWolf

#3460 Post by SmokeyWolf » 08 Mar 2020 03:20

North Texas is where National Carriers has their operations at. National Beef is in Kansas only. National Beed use to have a plant in Brawely, CA but closed it down. National Beef also owns Kansas City Steaks.

Normally we would load at Dodge City or Liberal and go to KC Steak and get more product.

Kansas City Steak is competition to Omaha Steak Company.

@flight50 that is actually a good list. I hope they make a cold storage company that deals with frozen food only. Companies such like US Cold Storage as well as Americold come to mind. There is a Americold in Victorville, CA. Las Vegas is missing a very important company. Technically it is in Henderson but that company is Unilever (Breyers/Good Humor ice cream) which is where a lot of ice cream comes from.

Return to “General discussion about the game”