My Life as a Trucker

JUseeTV

Re: My Life as a Trucker

#511 Post by JUseeTV » 07 Mar 2020 21:47

Great story as usual! May I ask who the DKJ trailer pulled? :)
I am not giving any sort of support, requests or Q&A through private messages, such messages will be ignored. Please use the appropriate topics, they are there for a reason.
Stocki

#512 Post by Stocki » 07 Mar 2020 22:39

JUseeTV wrote: 07 Mar 2020 21:47 Great story as usual! May I ask who the DKJ trailer pulled? :)
It was pulled by Ramon Kuyf

[ external image ]
My Life as a Trucker
[ external image ]
daniminho

#513 Post by daniminho » 07 Mar 2020 22:53

Nice storyline as always! Loving that red light district inside the cab :lol: 8-)
JUseeTV

#514 Post by JUseeTV » 07 Mar 2020 23:35

@Stocki Nice! I spotted him back in January
I am not giving any sort of support, requests or Q&A through private messages, such messages will be ignored. Please use the appropriate topics, they are there for a reason.
Arnook

#515 Post by Arnook » 08 Mar 2020 10:17

love your stories man, have a nice weekend as well !

BTW : that Volvo wheel loader was pretty close to the top of the trailer :lol:
Stocki

#516 Post by Stocki » 15 Mar 2020 15:46

Thanks @ all for your Support :D
Arnook wrote: 08 Mar 2020 10:17 BTW : that Volvo wheel loader was pretty close to the top of the trailer :lol:
This is the normal distance, just above the edge. works quite well. As long as you have a good loader, of course.

---->

Let's start the day with a discharge in Karlsruhe in the paper mill.

[ external image ]

Unloading in the paper mill in Eltmann, met a good friend there again. This drives a lot of sewage sludge to incineration plants

[ external image ]

From the point where my colleague is waiting, I waited a total of 2 hours for unloading. It is really an imposition at the moment.

[ external image ]

During my evening stroll I found this cell phone on the street. I then ran off various companies to find the owner, unfortunately without success.
After about 1 hour a young lady ran along the street looking for something. I asked if you would look for your cell phone.
AND yes, she was the owner, unfortunately the phone stopped working, the display jumped, but a new one should work again.
Always remember: a good deed every day.

[ external image ]

After the stress, now finally closing time.

[ external image ]

Do two repairs the next morning, everything should work if it goes well.

[ external image ]

I love this truck.

[ external image ]

How about the "if it goes well"

[ external image ]

Just barely managed my 2nd shop. The workshop called to bring my truck because there is still water running into the footwell in my truck, and they want to find out exactly what it is.

[ external image ]

My replacement truck. DAF New XF with 530 hp from the year 2019. Unfortunately with the standard equipment.

[ external image ]

This demonstrator has the new turning assistant.

[ external image ]

But now going to finish the day, I'm late.

[ external image ]

Next day in Karlsruhe, a lot going on, I got a beeper and can drive in if it goes. Rest in bed during this time. I miss my TV.

[ external image ]

A lot going on, no space, hardly any get through, the unloading now cost me almost 2 hours.

[ external image ]

Nice scenario on the way to Metzingen.

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

Traffic jam in Stuttgart shortly before the destination. I hate Stuttgart, here you can only get through at night without traffic jams.

[ external image ]

Next morning in Waiblingen, there is also a lot going on here. I have to wait for my load. I use the time to shop. Unfortunately, many shops are very sold out, because of the many hams, which makes it a bit more difficult for us drivers to get our food. I couldn't buy bread because there was simply nothing left.

[ external image ]

A screenshot button for the assistant's camera is still missing. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

[ external image ]

Here is the comparison of the high beams.
With lamp bracket on

[ external image ]

Without lamp bracket, normal high beam.

[ external image ]

Here again the same as the view through the mirror at night and the view with the assistant. I think the assistant shows a lot more at night.

[ external image ]

6 a.m. paper mill, it opens and hell is going on

[ external image ]

Saturday we were at the accessories shop in Berg. A small company travel.

[ external image ]

My colleague has now converted his DAF to LED. Before it was with halogen and now with completely cold white LED.

[ external image ]

Of course I also treated myself to something. I bought my Melonlights, they are known from the USA. These make an extremely cool star-shaped light. But see for yourself

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

I wish you a nice Sunday. I hope no more water runs into me now. We'll see you next weekend.
PS. I also get the turning assistant in my truck.
My Life as a Trucker
[ external image ]
JUseeTV

#517 Post by JUseeTV » 15 Mar 2020 16:37

Nice shots buddy! These melon lights look really cool!
Stocki

#518 Post by Stocki » 22 Mar 2020 18:32

Thanks for your Support @JUseeTV

Not much this week.

---------------->

Let's start the new week slowly.

[ external image ]

Once across Stuttgart towards Waiblingen.

[ external image ]

After signing up for the load in the truck again, I have a colleague in front of me to load. But I'm standing right in front of the gate, waiting another 30 minutes, then I can load.

[ external image ]

After unloading came to Forchheim at the truck stop, with 10 hours and 1 minute driving time.

[ external image ]

Next morning in Pilsach, please unload once.

[ external image ]

Then once again in Forchheim load for Eltmann.

[ external image ]

After the curfew in Bavaria there is much less going on the highway.
Due to the border closings towards Poland and the Czech Republic, there are currently traffic jams of up to 50 kilometers on the corresponding motorways to the borders.
That is the equivalent of almost 2 days waiting time for the dispatch.

[ external image ]

Clean up in Bad Rappenau. One of the best truckwashes.

[ external image ]

There is nothing better to improve the mood than a freshly washed truck

[ external image ]

The car wash has a new rim cleaner for aluminum rims, my alus were very worn out due to brake dust and small dots (but that was due to the previous owner).
With the detergent, all points and all dirt went out without residue. I took a bottle with me straight away.

[ external image ]

And after a quick polish, they look like new again.

[ external image ]

After the load in Heilbronn.

[ external image ]

Many Italian trailers on the train.

[ external image ]

Take load once in Karsbach, sometimes something new, another loading point.

[ external image ]

After work at home, in Eltmann the time to unload is currently 3 hours, so I prefer to go there tomorrow morning.

[ external image ]

Back in Karsbach for round 2. Backwards into the hall for unloading. There it is steeply uphill, and also across backwards

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

Friday noon. Still very little going on on the street, I hope everyone adheres to the curfew so that this time passes quickly.

[ external image ]

Since we can only get out in emergencies, you have to do other things at home. I do it with Call of Duty, or ETS2.

[ external image ]

And now to finish. Here is a rare picture of me working

[ external image ]

I wish you all a great weekend. Stay healthy in these difficult times. And really only goes out when it really has to be urgent. Stay safe.

I keep doing my job, we all have an exception because we are part of the system-relevant transports.
My Life as a Trucker
[ external image ]
Arnook

#519 Post by Arnook » 22 Mar 2020 18:37

Lovely report as usual Stocki, stay safe !
I believe that driving times are currently less restrictive (you can drive for a longer time) in France due to Covid, is it also the case in Germany ?
Stocki

#520 Post by Stocki » 22 Mar 2020 18:46

Thank you.

Yes, we also have exemptions. It is now allowed to drive for 10 hours on all 5 days of the Week, and the driving bans for Sundays and public holidays have been lifted. The weekend rest period is also reduced to just 24 hours.
Last edited by supersobes on 22 Mar 2020 20:26, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed quote [Forum rule 2.12]
My Life as a Trucker
[ external image ]

Return to “Photos”