ETS2 1.37 Discussion

jackalnxt

Re: ETS2 1.37 Speculation Thread

#331 Post by jackalnxt » 17 Mar 2020 07:32

Why does everyone use the EA example as a case study for DLC. Use Paradox Intereactive's DLC policy. They are much more similar to SCS in that they release a base game and then enhance it with DLC. Only difference is that PDX also decides to hide new features behind a paywall as well and compatability between 20 different dlcs is probably causing more trouble than its worth.

SCS has the right idea: free trucks, gameplay mechanics, base map reworks/ Map DLC, special cargo DLC, cosmetic DLC. Perfect. You always know exactly what you are getting. (I wouldn't mind a Classic Trucks DLC either).

Meanwhile, if they took the PDX approach:
- Border checkpoints would be unique to BtBS DLC and when RttBS comes out, it will cause massive crashes because they forgot to add compatibility to people without BtBS DLC.
- Map revamps will be paired up with existing map DLCs. Rant a revamped Switzerland? Make sure you buy the Western Balkans DLC.
- The voice navigation would be part of the Bulgarian Paintjobs DLC.
xXCARL1992Xx

#332 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 17 Mar 2020 09:23

EA isn't used as a case study, it is used as the worst way SCS could do it
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
Madkine
Global moderator

#333 Post by Madkine » 17 Mar 2020 10:11

Which is a case study. Case studies can be good and bad examples.
WoT Profile
ATS Workshop

"never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity"
RoadKiller116

#334 Post by RoadKiller116 » 17 Mar 2020 12:20

cosmetics DLC? for what?!?! :?:
My Workshop

Enjoy My Paintjobs & My Mods!
Mohegan13
Global moderator

#335 Post by Mohegan13 » 17 Mar 2020 13:07

We'll they're not allowed to test cosmetics on animals any more, so they're testing em on vehicles now.
[ external image ]
I reserve the right to be 100% wrong.
Something isn't right, nothing feels the same.
Everyone around me Is a different shade of grey.
RoadKiller116

#336 Post by RoadKiller116 » 17 Mar 2020 14:35

Ok
My Workshop

Enjoy My Paintjobs & My Mods!
Some newbie driver

#337 Post by Some newbie driver » 17 Mar 2020 19:08

If a cosmetic cream peels your truck paint, then you will be sure it's good for your skin. :lol:

PS: Agree that EA is not a case study (understanding case studies as the mean most common scenarios). They are the absolute extreme of bad practices and they have their own meaning for the concept "abuse to consumers".
De_Ruyter

#338 Post by De_Ruyter » 21 Mar 2020 17:13

Well I think we can pretty much confirm that we will be getting F-Mod and windows that can roll down. If it comes to ATS then it's highly likely to be there for ETS2 as well.

For speculation, euhm lets see... I think a wish list or something would be better?

- I would love to see updated load screens for sure. I think it would be a very simple addition so could likely come in. I do hope SCS will remove those ATS load screens from the ETS2 list as it clearly isn't part of that game.
- It would be nice to have new lights for bull bars, top bars, and any other bar that may be on a truck. A HELLA DLC was suggested in another post, that might be a great addition for example. Not just for their lights but possibly also other items that they may offer.
- New window and backboard lights would be cool to have, for each country a flag for example is a nice start. But some specific trucker related topics would be fun as well. I however don't expect this to be done any time soon, SCS is more focusing on bigger things right now like the map expansions for example. (as example, here a idea what I mean https://www.truckjunkie.nl/LICHTBAKJE-D ... 996c57a66e
- Additional curtains and cushions that are add to the customization of your truck. (This is probably even lower on the ladder then the previous one haha)
- Cabin tables for all trucks, or expansion for those that already have some (DAF and Scania for example in that last case)
- Lightbox options for all trucks, something that is really missing so far and I think many would love to see this being added (Can I assume that safely?)
- Roof heater/airco units would be a great addition, they don't function really, but in some cases it may give at least the idea for driving in hot or cold area's of the map which adds in immersion to that level?
- I'd love to see tandems/rigids to finally being added to the game. Something that should have been there all along as it makes such a huge impact on the European roads. Also it would stop you from figuring out how to get mods working, specially if you need multiple mods to get things working properly. It will also allow for a lot of new skins to arrive from the modding community.

- I do think it would be beneficial for the game as well as SCS Software to start asking the big trucking companies whether they would allow their name to be used in the game. This could for example be in a DLC form that isn't too expensive or specific events. It would allow the companies as well gain from it as they may gain new drivers for their company or at least gain more of a name at least.
- New trucks that would be nice to have are for example the Scania T (Scania R with Torpedo nose pretty much), IVECO S-Way, DAF CF Electric/hybrid, Ford F-Max and we still need to wait what DAF is doing as they seem to be working on a new model. But also what would be awesome is the first cars to be added to the game that work properly unlike the modded variants. This can probably allow people to drive from garage to garage instead of teleporting to them. The SISU Polar and Kamaz Continent would be interesting additions as well for that matter.

I do think many of the mods should become integrated with the vanilla game, a lot of options that should be no problem to be added as default listings in some form. This will also decrease the huge mod lists that need to be loaded which streamlines the load process for everyone. "ETS2 [Tool] Small Lights + Turn Signals" for example would be a good example, this mod adds a lot of unnamed light options which would make a huge addition to the rather slim list we have now yet takes away that one mod from the mod list to load. Of course we can not expect to do this with brand names, that would cause more of a problem. "SIGNS ON YOUR TRUCK" and "SIGNS ON YOUR TRAILER" mods are for example another example that should be added to the default game. These don't cost much in loading, but they are so important in the trucking world that they are pretty much at the same level as the very engine that drives your truck forward. Even if it's for legal reasons, the country flags however could be tied to the country DLC's instead. This is just naming a few mods that are on the Steam Workshop and should be integrated with the vanilla game to some level and also kept up to date.
isaac_mihai

#339 Post by isaac_mihai » 21 Mar 2020 17:51

We will also get free walking through garage and some old France cities reworked.
Some newbie driver

#340 Post by Some newbie driver » 21 Mar 2020 17:52

And Renault T in the AI traffic

Return to “General discussion about the game”