North American Agriculture Discussion

Zippy405

Re: North American Agriculture Discussion

#41 Post by Zippy405 » 22 Mar 2020 20:28

@flight50 Atwoods is more like Tractor Supply, that would be Farmers Barn in game.

Also about my comment above on new prefabs for certain places like General Mills and others, as well as new more in depth companies; it appears they have already started doing a little of that with Idaho in their first post announcing Idaho. New Voltison prefab, looks like a new General Mills prefab, and a new prefab Stable 26 furnishings. That's the name on the prefab but if you zoom in on the side it says "Pupina Cow" & "Pupina Chiken" which is obviously Purina, so animal feed. I just hope it's not like how the hopper loads are right now, there is just 2 kinds of freight "grain" and "pet food" which is far too generic because corn and DDG would fall into the same category but there is a BIG difference in weight. I'm sure this maybe was just to get a starting point but hopefully they broaden that up fairly quickly lol. Pet food is also far too generic if you ask me.
Last edited by Zippy405 on 22 Mar 2020 20:41, edited 1 time in total.
Skoot

#42 Post by Skoot » 22 Mar 2020 20:34

Regarding breweries... We got a non-alcoholic beer load in ETS2, and I'm still wondering why Darchelle Uzau doesn't produce at least grape juice :lol:

@flight50 you pretty much nailed it with equipment traders, we may even get some competitive companies, just like auto dealers. BTW what are those round green fields on Burlington pic?
Zippy405

#43 Post by Zippy405 » 22 Mar 2020 20:46

@Skoot my question is why not have loads of beer at least or even liquor lol
flight50

#44 Post by flight50 » 22 Mar 2020 21:23

Larry71490 wrote: 22 Mar 2020 18:20 @flight50 I use to haul all those fertilizers in a end dump to farmers and co-ops. It was cheaper and easier to order it loose and in bulk than bagged. Went from my end dump to their storage bin.
Thanks @Larry71490. I hear ya. I figure bulk by the trailer load as you mention to farms from plants and palatalized for retail stores like Home Store and Walbert and if we ever get distribution centers.

@Zippy405. New Voltison looking like General Mills? I hope not. Voltison is the car parts place. I definitely think the old Voltison needed to go.......like 2 years ago, lol. Eastern Colorado gets us a good taste of the GP. Once Texas is in, it would be nice if Agriculture got a serious boost. Otherwise, Texas will put a huge strain on the devs. Not only is Texas huge, with large cities, tons of roads, lots of industries, but it will need a lot of new cargo and new industries. Cotton is one which is on page one. There will be wayyy too much to do for Texas if some of these things don't come with Idaho/Colorado. If we can get Wyoming before Texas, they also helps. Otherwise, the entire company will be on edge with Texas. Luckily, Iberia is on the menu next for ETS2, so the personnel that have to work both games won't have to deal with both Iberia and Texas.

@Skoot. Those green circles are crops actually. Which kind, I can't tell ya,lol. But if you look in the center of them, you will find an irrigation setup for center pivot. You will also see smaller circles within the big circle. Those are wheel tracks. I hope the video below makes sense to you. Its just another form crop arrangement. There are circular crops and you have square crops. A good example of what to expect in the Great Plains is US-95 from Yuma,Az to I-10. The GP states should be loaded with both types but seems as though places that are harder to irrigation (less water) have circular crops such as Utah, NM. You will find green patches of land in desert like areas and this is how they water. I put a few things on irrigation on page one under Irrigation. I'd like to get more of the equipment from the video but I can't find out how that stuff is trucked in. I am sure its in parts but I don't know if its dry van, flatbed/Step deck, pre-assembled, etc. I'd love to haul this stuff to farms though.

How Its Made - I love this show

A little extra info. These components can come as parts with irrigation cargo.
Last edited by flight50 on 22 Mar 2020 21:42, edited 6 times in total.
Skoot

#45 Post by Skoot » 22 Mar 2020 21:30

Oh yesss @Zippy405, gimme two!

It must have something to do with age rating, but again, non-alcoholic beer and wineries' logo...

Regarding breweries and sugar crops: food tank can make use of molasses cargo since it really lacks loads.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/carhaul/2 ... 069974827/

@flight50 thanks for explanation! Never seen crops arranged like this :shock:
Zippy405

#46 Post by Zippy405 » 22 Mar 2020 21:41

@flight50 no, I was saying there is a new Voltison prefab AND what appears to be a new GM prefab lol
Skoot

#47 Post by Skoot » 22 Mar 2020 21:48

Zippy405 wrote: 22 Mar 2020 21:41 AND what appears to be a new GM prefab
Are you about the white-painted factory at the last image in blog post about prefabs?
flight50

#48 Post by flight50 » 22 Mar 2020 22:02

@Zippy405. Ahhh. Gotcha. Yeah, I saw the new auto parts prefab when they showed it on the Jan 21, 2020 blog. It's is a much needed prefab. I wonder if they will still use the old one or is it a complete make over. If the old one is still used, all that really needs to happen is get rid of that shed in the Northeast corner at the back and perhaps make the lot 15-20' deeper. It's just not 53' nor double pup friendly at all. I mentioned issues with this prefab sometime ago here. If they want to keep that shed, growth the lot and make it usable like allowing trailers to get picked up or dropped off there. Currently the shed and the green containers are more than just a challenge, they are a nuance.

Speaking of new prefabs though, I love the new Walmart one. It's only show on their FB page though. I hope they keep the current Walbert and rebrand it to Target though. The current in the shopping center areas really look more like a Super Target. Can we finally gets some competitors in ATS? Hmmm. Target/Walmart, Home Depot/Lowes and CVS/Walgreens are some of the top 3 that are nation wide. Each can all take the exact same cargo.
Skoot

#49 Post by Skoot » 22 Mar 2020 22:52

That depot is one of ETS2 depots with different logos. Better to remove it and place new ones instead.
flight50

#50 Post by flight50 » 22 Mar 2020 23:08

Yep. I heard it was a copy from ETS2 but I never knew which company it was. Thanks @Skoot. That prefab just doesn't work with conventional trucks very well. Especially now with longer trailers. Its difficult getting in and out of there with longer trailers. I can do it, but its not worth it. Takes too much time. I void that prefab at all cost. Every now and then I will delivery to it put I bypass the parking. If they are not going to modify Voltison, it can go. I'd much rather keep it once modified to increase prefab types and companies but if it doesn't work out, I'll still sleep at night.

Return to “American Truck Simulator”