ETS2 teasers - consult your doctor before entering

xXCARL1992Xx

Re: ETS2 teasers - consult your doctor before entering

#7091 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 23 Mar 2020 10:27

if rebuild wouldnt be a side project it would have been finished by now, only a hand full of mappers or some are doing it when there is time, if not they work on the DLC to get it out like they did for RttBS, logic is all you need to know it
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
kingoko

#7092 Post by kingoko » 23 Mar 2020 11:15

Nobody knows how the structure of work in SCS is so this conversation is pointless
Click here to check my profile :arrow:
No mods, no cheats, no console :P

ETS2: lvl136, achiev: 63/75, dlc 63/72, steam items 79/83
ATS: lvl86, achiev: 70/70, dlc 23/23, steam items 52/53
xXCARL1992Xx

#7093 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 23 Mar 2020 11:16

it isnt pointless if they themselves and Mandelsoft already said how it works and what the circumstances are we didnt get any updates in so long for germany
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
Some newbie driver

#7094 Post by Some newbie driver » 23 Mar 2020 12:02

jackalnxt wrote: 23 Mar 2020 07:11 Since we're talking about how Sardinia and Corsica are designed to train new mappers, makes you wonder what they are being trained now.
At least the ones that did Sardinia and Corsica are trained enough IMHO. The released versions of those maps have nothing to regret in overall quality and, due the environment similarities with its Mediterranean side, they could perfectly be working now in Iberia DLC.
jackalnxt

#7095 Post by jackalnxt » 23 Mar 2020 13:18

But what about those that come after them? The new new mappers would need training as well. Maybe they can be trained by making new roads in existing DLC? With all the complaints about RttBS missing routes, that could be the next training area.
Mohegan13
Global moderator

#7096 Post by Mohegan13 » 23 Mar 2020 15:10

Reworking old areas is a great tool for training. Unlike a new DLC it doesn't require full map development, it's more replacing than anything else. That won't be true of the UK, but at least with the base Euro-continent parts it is.
[ external image ]
I reserve the right to be 100% wrong.
Something isn't right, nothing feels the same.
Everyone around me Is a different shade of grey.
Shiva

#7097 Post by Shiva » 23 Mar 2020 15:45

Frankfurt am Main rebuild was a very nice rebuild.
NTM's B-Double Telescopic Skeletal Container Carrier. Youtube video on how it works. W & S thread.
B-Double trailer and short modes: EN 7.82 swap body, 20’ or 30’ containers.
Standalone 40' mode: EN 7.82 swap body, 20', 30', 40' or 2 x 20' trailer.
Some newbie driver

#7098 Post by Some newbie driver » 23 Mar 2020 16:04

@Mohegan13, if I remember well the blog article, at least the second Germany rebuilt was almost a complete rebuilt on several big zones. There was before/after images to compare and in some places there was not a single patch of grass that hasn't changed.
jackalnxt wrote: 23 Mar 2020 13:18But what about those that come after them? The new new mappers would need training as well. Maybe they can be trained by making new roads in existing DLC? With all the complaints about RttBS missing routes, that could be the next training area.
SCS has been adding new crew members continuously. But, as far as I know, this time they had a lot of them at the same moment. That's why, instead of integrate them to the main teams to oversee and train them while working on a DLC (something feasible with one or two new workers); they chose to create a "training map team" and assign them a complete new task.

Regards
Trucker_71

#7099 Post by Trucker_71 » 23 Mar 2020 16:18

I have both ETS2 and ATS, I enjoy them both for different reasons. I live in Canada and drove trucks for many years in both Canada and the U.S.
I keep reading how European players are so dissatisfied with the original parts of their map. Is it really that bad? When I go through Germany, France and the UK in ETS2, it all looks good to me, I see no real difference in the scenery between that and one of the newer maps. I find the same with ATS, people complain about California and Nevada, yet it looks great to me and I've driven through those states in real life.
Is everyone perhaps being too critical? Maybe folks should just let SCS do what they do best without all the speculation of what should be or could be.
Just an old guys humble opinion. ;)
Some newbie driver

#7100 Post by Some newbie driver » 23 Mar 2020 16:28

UK map is very, very artificial and unreal, specially in it's road layout. Older Germany parts are too, but fortunately not so many ones remain now. And also the surrounding small countries and Going East zones. But specially Germany and UK were the worse. They had plenty of road joins that, if they would exist in real life, there would be a fatal accident there each day.

You have to understand also that here in Europe the road layout is a lot different of how they are build in northern America. So, maybe that's one of the reasons you doesn't notice so much those details as an European does. The same as I couldn't value if a road layout in ATS is realistic or not because I never drive on those roads.

Regards

Return to “General discussion about the game”