ETS2 teasers - consult your doctor before entering

Trucker_71

Re: ETS2 teasers - consult your doctor before entering

#7101 Post by Trucker_71 » 23 Mar 2020 17:24

"I couldn't value if a road layout in ATS is realistic or not because I never drive on those roads."
@@Some newbie driver I guess that's it, I'm just happy in my ignorance. :lol:
Some newbie driver

#7102 Post by Some newbie driver » 23 Mar 2020 18:27

You are right there @Trucker_71. Sometimes II would like not to know some thinks I know for my work... so I could just say "It's working" and move on and let another one eat the s***storm. How happy would I live then... happy but probably unemployed. :lol:
Winchester1979

#7103 Post by Winchester1979 » 25 Mar 2020 06:24

Trucker_71 wrote: 23 Mar 2020 16:18 I have both ETS2 and ATS, I enjoy them both for different reasons. I live in Canada and drove trucks for many years in both Canada and the U.S.
I keep reading how European players are so dissatisfied with the original parts of their map. Is it really that bad? When I go through Germany, France and the UK in ETS2, it all looks good to me, I see no real difference in the scenery between that and one of the newer maps. I find the same with ATS, people complain about California and Nevada, yet it looks great to me and I've driven through those states in real life.
Is everyone perhaps being too critical? Maybe folks should just let SCS do what they do best without all the speculation of what should be or could be.
Just an old guys humble opinion. ;)
Ever run into one of those Autobahn diamond interchanges where the rightmost of two lanes suddenly becomes an exit? The "oh my god I need the left lane why is there a CAAAAAR!" interchange (because cars do 150+ on the Autobahn and pop out of nowhere)? Those things used to be *everywhere* before the rebuild began, and now they're pretty much gone from the areas the rebuild have covered. And another style of interchange had super narrow entrances to the onramps, so you'd need to make a massive buttonhook or get your trailer stuck on the guardrails. Those are also gone from the rebuilt area. And neither appear to have been used in DLC after Scandinavia, which is frankly a massive relief. If you want to see what all of Germany looked like, check out the current state of Austria in game, AKA "you know what, I'll go around" country.

Not to say that the later DLC didn't add their own massively annoying features, like toll roads with booms on all the lanes, even the telepass ones. Booms that won't open fast enough to avoid crashing even at the speed limit, you have to drop to 28 kph to clear the boom... (Scandinavia is the place that did toll gates best - no booms on the telepass lanes, and at least one doesn't have a lowered speed limit, you can basically drive straight through the telepass gate at the Öresund bridge between Malmö and Copenhagen at 80 kph.)
HRTrucking

#7104 Post by HRTrucking » 25 Mar 2020 07:55

These toll booms are true to life though... In France they're hit and miss at 30km/h, 28 or lower seems to work better. In real life when you hit them they fly off :lol: . Had that happen once or twice.
Italian ones are quicker, Spanish are like the French. And all lanes have the toll booms.
They don't have lanes without them, except for one exit in France that I know of where they're running a test.

Netherlands, Belgium, Luxemburg (Benelux) and UK are all old as well. With some annoying bits in it.
I can live with it, but for example windmills and tulip fields are a bit much in the Netherlands. We don't live in them. And don't grow tulips everywhere :) .

And the Netherlands stopping at Europoort (Rotterdam) with no big container port, Rotterdam is the biggest port of Europe, used to be number one in the world. Is a bit weird. But otherwise I can live with the old parts, most of the time.
Some newbie driver

#7105 Post by Some newbie driver » 25 Mar 2020 09:00

Booms in the telepass lane are really a nuisance. In Spain they are worse than what HRTrucking says because... you will never know if they are going to open super-fast or they are going to be delayed. :evil:

The exception is the "La Roca" toll on the AP-7 north of Barcelona, that has two special lanes of fast autopass. They have no booms, wide lanes and max allowed speed 60 (even I know they work at 70 at least :roll:). Suposedly they are not for trucks, but a few times I've seen a trailer taking those lanes. I don't know if there exist any other tool like that in Spain.

Portugal on the contrary, if I know it well, has no normal tolls but vignetes and are controlled by camera gates. So, they are in the XXI century while on Spain we still are on the XX. :roll:

Regards
dahaka

#7106 Post by dahaka » 25 Mar 2020 16:14

Ummm, not sure about Portugal, I've never been lucky enough to get a trip there, but the same multi toll device we have for Spain, also works for Portugal, so there must be some kind of toll booths with booms or something. Might be mistaken though.
Some newbie driver

#7107 Post by Some newbie driver » 25 Mar 2020 18:52

I'm not sutre because I wasn't there. My parents were some years ago and explained me something more or less like I explained it here. But I'm not sure how precise and right I've been.
andmas199

#7108 Post by andmas199 » 25 Mar 2020 20:17

In portugal there are some roads where you can pay with money or card and others where you have to use ''easytoll''(mainly located in the north of the country)
http://www.portugaltolls.com/en/web/por ... agens/home
andrenascentes

#7109 Post by andrenascentes » 26 Mar 2020 13:41

In Portugal there are basically 2 kinds of tools:
The traditionals ones that usually have some lanes for card or money payment and some lanes for ViaVerde (telepass). The ViaVerde lanes are marked with green lights (very good looking at night) and the speed limit is 40km/h in some and 60km/h in others. Look at this picture:
https://www.motorpasion.com/otros/via-v ... r-aprender

The modern one are these on the first picture: https://www.autogids.be/auto-advies/ibe ... peage.html

You must have a ViaVerde device on your car/truck or after 3 days you can go to ViaVerde website and pay it online (or you can pay at the post office!)
The ViaVerde device: https://goinfornet.blogspot.com/2011/12 ... verde.html
RoadKiller116

#7110 Post by RoadKiller116 » 31 Mar 2020 19:58

@ andrenascentes Interesting! ;)
My Workshop

Enjoy My Paintjobs & My Mods!

Return to “General discussion about the game”