[ARCHIVED] SCS General Discussion Thread

xyzan

Re: SCS General Discussion Thread

#44961 Post by xyzan » 26 Mar 2020 17:52

My assumption was that stream was about new dlc. But they cancelled it due to moving all hardware to homes during that day.
xXCARL1992Xx

#44962 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 26 Mar 2020 17:55

yes the stream was to show the HS-Schoch DLC
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
TheTiger

#44963 Post by TheTiger » 26 Mar 2020 17:58

Possible, that too. ^^ But also, they made a stream for ATS Open Beta so... it's 50-50%
Mohegan13
Global moderator

#44964 Post by Mohegan13 » 26 Mar 2020 18:03

If the stream was to show ETS 1.37 OB the OB would have released regardless of the live stream cancellation due to Covid. They aren't going to hold back something so significant to the release schedules because a live stream didn't happen.
[ external image ]
I reserve the right to be 100% wrong.
Something isn't right, nothing feels the same.
Everyone around me Is a different shade of grey.
xXCARL1992Xx

#44965 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 26 Mar 2020 18:07

i dont know when they really started moving but 12th was state emergency, the 16th was country quarantine when i remember right
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
Some newbie driver

#44966 Post by Some newbie driver » 26 Mar 2020 18:33

It's just me, or the third image in the blog post of Colorado announcement shows a WAAAAY far view than usual? Some farming structures are rendered very far away on the hills.
flight50

#44967 Post by flight50 » 26 Mar 2020 18:38

supersobes wrote: 26 Mar 2020 15:23 This is why I prefer the date formats that use the letter abbreviation of the month rather than the numbers. That way, no matter weather the day is before or after the month, there is no mistaking what it is. For example, today's date is:
  • 26 Mar 2020
  • Mar 26, 2020
I couldn't agree more. Especially since this forum and SCS's social media is Global. It makes makes much more sense for all to see the actual Month spelled out. I can almost promise you, I will run into the same situation again and forget because its just a format I am not use to. Its like me trying to learn Metric and Celius, lol. I am 40+ and mentally I won't be able to wrap my mind around conversions that are outside my normal without Google. Not that I am stubborn about change, I am just not use to it. We are use to what we are use to.
FrancescoMasci wrote: 26 Mar 2020 15:49 As per the blog, SCS is working from home, which in case of a software developer is a good comprimise. Work will undoubtedly be slowed, but it will go on, otherwise no new content and no money.

The truck, however, might be ready but with the virus, the licensing process might as well be on hold.

We'll see how it goes on in the following months.
Exactly. I been trying to get people to understand this as well. If SCS is to pull thru this pandemic, they can't sit back, they have to get content out. The last thing I want to see is SCS fall apart after they worked so freakin' hard to get where they are now. Talent doesn't come easy for them as its so competitive there. Challenging times yes, but they have to stay focused so they can take our money :D. Things are delay....possibly but don't underestimate what they can still achieve. I am working from home with my design them and the share software we all use to get our projects out. We use email, webchats and video chats. We all have to make due til things get better.
Larry71490 wrote: 26 Mar 2020 16:34 @flight50 I got batteries for your pacemaker. :lol:
I need (12) D batteries please, lol. I logged in and saw like 8 notifications this morning. I went straight to the blogs and BAMMM....Colorado. I knew it would go official sooner or later because of the teaser video recently but I wasn't expecting it today at all, with yesterday's Idaho blog. Back to back map blog for 2 different ATS state. That's a first and YEP, I was smiling from ear to ear, lol. I found myself screaming out loud when I saw the blog. I startled my gf from the excitement, lol.

In regards to 1.37ob for ETS2, you guys need to understand that ETS2 is a massive game compared to ATS. If you guys played ATS, you'd understand exactly why ETS2 ob hasn't kicked off yet. Please consider the odds. ATS 1.37ob has lots of sound issues. That would be multiplied greatly in ETS2. Take those same issues to ETS2 and you all would have SCS's head. ETS2 fans outnumber ATS 5:1. That is way too many issues for SCS to handle. Give them time to sort thru ATS so that the same issues are not duplicated to ETS2. ETS2 has a much much larger map and many more trucks. That is a lot of territory, company prefabs and trucks to add sound to. Just because O.B. is not here for ETS2, don't think they are not working it. ETS2 is their bread and butter. Have more faith in the devs than thinking they are purposely holding out and not wanting to give ETS2 1.37ob. Look at the new cities and updates ETS2 is getting. ATS is not getting new roads or city rebuilds as we know of. Be fortunate for what the devs are giving you at this point.
Some newbie driver

#44968 Post by Some newbie driver » 26 Mar 2020 19:11

@flight50, really, don't waste efforts arguing with anxious ETS2 players. There will always be people that would not understand that it's USELESS and COUNTERPRODUCTIVE to release 2 betas of the same base code at the same time. That only diverts efforts, delays releasing dates and reduce the amount of bugs reported. But that people doesn't care because they don't give a * about nothing else than to view the new content sooner than others. Life time is too precious to keep losing time answering that kind of people.

And returning to the really interesting topic, I would say that if Iberian mountains are done in that same quality than those depicted for Colorado, you ETS2 drivers aren't going to go anywhere else on Europe for a long time. :mrgreen:

Regards
Last edited by Some newbie driver on 26 Mar 2020 19:14, edited 1 time in total.
LondonLad
SCS Software

#44969 Post by LondonLad » 26 Mar 2020 19:12

xXCARL1992Xx wrote: 26 Mar 2020 18:07 i dont know when they really started moving but 12th was state emergency, the 16th was country quarantine when i remember right
Early prevention was key at this point, especially with the amount of different ways people travel to work, my personal opinion is that this was a very smart move. For those wondering, the stream was originally meant to be about HS-Schoch, but was cancelled due to technical reasons, and then shortly thereafter we began working from home, so since then streaming has been up in the air.

Also, hype for Colorado! so happy you all get to have a peek of what is to come now. Never easy keeping secrets y'know :D
Community Manager @SCSSoftware, professional truck meme poster, sometimes on internet tv.
Some newbie driver

#44970 Post by Some newbie driver » 26 Mar 2020 19:16

Hey @LondonLad, SCS could always start to release states in a weird shape map progression to hide a lot more its intentions. :lol:

Return to “Offtopic and other voices”