How quarantine affected my relationship with the games

The forum dedicated to site issues, problems and wishes.
gandalf7472000

How quarantine affected my relationship with the games

#1 Post by gandalf7472000 » 05 May 2020 06:39

That was it, March 23, Boss announced, "we are closing untill the end of April", the Company can not remain open The losses in revenue are to big. So we all went home, for a 40 days unintended vacation. :D Anyway, we are back in business now and everything seams to go well.

First of all I participated In the trucking from home event on world of truck, A nice diversion of everything that is happening. I don't remember the number but I thing I must completed around 30 long haul over 2000 klm Jobs. When that ended I kept driving ". What that got me? I wet on my main ATS profile fom level 96 to level 112 and my ETS2 profile from 82 to 102. And this is my second main profile. I play ETS2 more but I lost my first main profile of level 122 was lost "my mistake" that was before steam cloud saves, I had to start over, I did again without level up mods. According to steam I have over 3000 hours combined on both games.

The second thing that hapen is that finaly took the step and created an accont at the forum. I visited as guest from allmost from the begnining, reading and learning about the games from you that have more experience with them. I bought ETS2 january 2018 and ATS Martch of the same year.

If you were, are in quarantine, or working from home, How this affected your relationship with the games?
There are naive questions, tedious questions, ill-phrased questions, questions put after inadequate self-criticism. But every question is a cry to understand the world. There is no such thing as a dumb question.

Carl Sagan

Underscore_101_

Re: How quarantine affected my relationship with the games

#2 Post by Underscore_101_ » 05 May 2020 15:19

You lucky bast*** :-) I only got two weeks off, and atm a 3rd week (4 weeks after the first 2), but this week is costing me vacation days (or whatever it's called)

It's not had much effect on game play though, playing slightly more, but also drinking more, so that levels it out a bit :-)
I want to spent more time on mod-ding, meaning actual 3d modeling parts and stuff, but as a lazy f*** I need at least 6 months off to get that going :-)
Doesn't look like the company I work for is going bankrupt any time soon.

On the plus side, did help a few people with paint jobs that I wouldn't have without all the spare time :-)

mira666

#3 Post by mira666 » 05 May 2020 15:38

now into week 6 of furlough period from work. First few weeks I was like awesome, plenty of game playing. Now I am truly bored :(
ETS2 and ATS Vanilla Gamer 2012-Now

gandalf7472000

#4 Post by gandalf7472000 » 05 May 2020 15:54

@Underscore_101_ I don't from what country you are. But here in Greece government declared Quarantine fast, after there were only 100 or so cases and gave 800 euro "allowance" I don't know if this is the correct word", to all employees of affected companies of the lock down. That and at the same time forced to stay home 95% ( out only for groceries) and having no idea about modding (If I try my PC might blow up🤣) it was the only thing I could do except netflix youtube and reading. I fly r/c planes and helicopters but this was not an option.

@mira666 after a while I was bored to but what could you do. It was 6 weeks for me to. Now I am buck at work. It might sound crazy but Monday morning I went to work smiling at last I am out of home.😂
Last edited by gandalf7472000 on 05 May 2020 16:44, edited 1 time in total.
There are naive questions, tedious questions, ill-phrased questions, questions put after inadequate self-criticism. But every question is a cry to understand the world. There is no such thing as a dumb question.

Carl Sagan

Underscore_101_

#5 Post by Underscore_101_ » 05 May 2020 16:26

I live in The Netherlands, our government helps affected companies financially somewhat, but we don't have a complete lockdown, I'm free to go wherever I want to go (inside NL), with the exception that some places are closed/locked and any business that can't operate with the 1,5 mtr distance requirement is closed (or working from home where possible), like pubs, cinema and hairdressers and such, think they're going to lift the ban on hairdressers and opticians soon (requiring them to wear masks), and pubs are expected to be allowed to open after May, well I hope so because I need a haircut and new glasses very bad :-)
Think that it's also not allowed to have a gathering larger than 3 people still, but I'm a introvert, I like the way things are now :-) (except for people dying of course, that's sad)

gandalf7472000

#6 Post by gandalf7472000 » 05 May 2020 16:54

the lock down is gradually lifted here from yesterday. hairdressers and opticians are open, and a few stores to and public services. obviously you have to wear masks and sanitizer must be available for employees and customers and only only 1 per 10 square meters. more will open in the next weeks. Still you can't travel outside of your city. They said that will reexamine the situation on a week to week basis. If it gets out of control the lock down will return.

Carl Sagan

Return to “SCS Site”