Poll: which map expansion do you think is the best?

Which map expansion do you think is the best?

Going East
1%
Scandinavia
12%
Vive le France
7%
Italia
21%
Beyond the Baltic Sea
17%
Road to the Black Sea
41%

Total votes: 242

narvi98

Re: Poll: which map expansion do you think is the best?

#21 Post by narvi98 » 07 May 2020 16:36

scandinavia by far, yes, other maps may be more detailed, but none of them has a driving experience compared to the roads to bergen, maybe the isle of corsiga
FlyingPigeon

#22 Post by FlyingPigeon » 08 May 2020 14:42

OldVern wrote: 20 Jan 2020 08:21 Road To Black Sea, definitely. In fact I just nuked my "commander" to start a new profile based out of Craiova.

It doesn't seem forced like some of the other maps where yo get tunnels which don't exist in real life, but put there by the devs as scenic breaks. The Scandinavia map has those particularly odd roundabouts in a tunnel en route to Bergen which I'm sure can't exist like that in real life!
Conclusion you Know nothing of real world!
Scandinavian truckdriver.
xXCARL1992Xx

#23 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 08 May 2020 14:46

OldVern wrote: 20 Jan 2020 08:21 The Scandinavia map has those particularly odd roundabouts in a tunnel en route to Bergen which I'm sure can't exist like that in real life!
hm, so does it mean Renault Trucks took this picture in ETS2 ? years before it even released for the game :thinking:

[ external image ]
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
supersobes
Global moderator

#24 Post by supersobes » 08 May 2020 15:37

Google Maps is also a really cool resource. It reveals things like this. :D
dahaka

#25 Post by dahaka » 08 May 2020 16:48

Some newbie driver wrote: 27 Apr 2020 15:03 And if you dislike roundabouts, you are going to hate Iberia.
I've driven in Spain a lot IRL, didn't notice more roundabouts than other mainland European countries. And most of Spain is covered by highways, which I'm guessing are the main roads that we will get in most places.
Jatruck

#26 Post by Jatruck » 08 May 2020 16:59

xXCARL1992Xx wrote: 08 May 2020 14:46
hm, so does it mean Renault Trucks took this picture in ETS2 ? years before it even released for the game :thinking:
Looking at this Renault T picture you can see the good design as in the game. It's a shame that it doesn't have a better engine sound in the game.
Some newbie driver

#27 Post by Some newbie driver » 08 May 2020 17:03

Right @dahaka, but the roundabouts he dislike he should had found them on streets and regular roads. And in similar places in Iberia map there will probably be lots of them. That's why I said him that.

I can't compare with too many other European countries, but I know for sure there was a time when roundabouts were an epidemic trend all over Spain. And of course, all kind of politicians feel the urge to fill the innards of those roundabouts with "something"; what lead to lots of really delirious results (that not to mention when roundabouts where created as excuse because somebody wants to put something in there :roll:).

Not without reason, "Nación Rotonda" (Nation Roundabout) was the name of a very known blog created years ago to denounce the excesses in Spain caused by the "brick bubble", before the past economic crisis.

Regards

PS: @supersobes your linked image fried my retina. OMG those color aberrations! :shock:
supersobes
Global moderator

#28 Post by supersobes » 08 May 2020 17:46

@Some newbie driver Yeah, there's a reason why Google Maps doesn't take pictures at night. ;) Or at least they usually don't...
dahaka

#29 Post by dahaka » 08 May 2020 17:51

@Some newbie driver Thats a very interesting piece of information!

Roundabouts are a trucker's best friend though. Taken the wrong turn? No problem, theres a roundabout not far away, you can use it to turn around.
There aren't too many roundabouts in Greece, so if you go the wrong way, prepare for a painful maneuver in some tight street or even dirt road to do a U turn.
Some newbie driver

#30 Post by Some newbie driver » 08 May 2020 19:13

I must give you the reason there @dahaka. Although the usual 2 lanes roundabouts in cities (with street-wide lanes, smaller than in roads), semi-trailers and crazy drivers that only though is to overtake by the inner lane is a dangerous combination. And pretty common in here.

So, even if the bigger always win, It should be a pain in the *** for truck drivers to loose so many time explaining the police how's that another driver was so fool tho think it was space enough for his car to pass...

Return to “General discussion about the game”