What industries would you like to see in ATS?

pigbrother

Re: What industries would you like to see in ATS?

#101 Post by pigbrother » 22 Jun 2019 11:44

angrybirdseller wrote:
22 Jun 2019 08:32
😉Yucca Valley, I wonder they still send used up radioactive material there for disposal.
As far as I know, Yucca Mountain Nuclear Waste Repository was never finished and likely it will never be.

howey

#102 Post by howey » 22 Jun 2019 11:54

Speaking of Farming since we have dealerships for cars why not have dealers for Farming equipment as well, could use HMS as a example but enhance more by adding dealerships under there name that could sell new or used farming equipment and create fake manufacturer names of Case IH, New Holland, John Deere etc

Here are some examples of equipment we could haul although the variety is much more.
Fertilizer spreader
Harvester identical to the one we see in game now with a header
Baler machine
Grain trailers
Cultivator & Seeder in one with additional seed & fertilizer tank
Auger Wagon behind the tractor

supersobes
Global moderator

#103 Post by supersobes » 22 Jun 2019 13:29

@howey That post got me thinking: we could have a Farming Machinery DLC like the Forestry Machinery DLC.
Scania trucks are the best, but the Peterbilts are good too.
Road signs are just as important as the road itself.

World of Trucks Profile | ATS Screenshots | ETS2 Screenshots | Forum Rules

flight50

#104 Post by flight50 » 22 Jun 2019 13:55

@Howey. Yeah I been crying for some farming equipment retail places. I posted it somewhere, perhaps it was in Washington discussions since its suppose to really have elevated farming. But perhaps when lowboys and heavy hauls become ownable, a Farming DLC can take place. There are a few in the game but they are just eye candy prefabs. Make them into usable prefabs. John Moose, John Doe or John Elk would work. Heck spell John as Jon if you really want to get away from John Deere.

I'd be so all over industry related cargo dlc's. The biggest ones that would really work are construction, farming and building material in my opinion. But all the ones I have though of so far, I have given plenty of reference photos for in my signature for flatbeds.

phylip25

#105 Post by phylip25 » 22 Jun 2019 14:17

I like to see wind farms in the Wyoming DLC. Wyoming is a windy place. According to the wikipedia Wyoming has one of the highest wind power potential in any state in the US. I can see SCS have a wind power dlc for Wyoming.

hangman005

#106 Post by hangman005 » 23 Jun 2019 09:56

I'd love energy, be fun hauling radioactive materials, and I think they should add a license for that ingame.

I also wouldn't mind a defense/military industry, add the likes of Nellis AFB and the likes of to the game. I think I'd wait until Colorado is added to implement this, because isn't there a Halliburton or some other facility in Colorado Springs or something where they make missiles and the like, I'd also like a skill tree for this, but more meaningful instead of just extra money, Like the top tier unlocks transporting the big missles as a ST, maybe have nuclear components fall under this tier for the energy sector and for certain defense installations.

And as mentioned in the Utah thread, the honey industry, transporting hives between the farms and vinyards and transporting honey from the farms to retailers.

angrybirdseller

#107 Post by angrybirdseller » 24 Jun 2019 11:06

@Howey right every farming area will have farm machinery dealership, but how would harvester get transported vs tractor. :lol: I remember the protest even someone suggested Utah take over Nevada nuclear waste materials disposing.

flight50

#108 Post by flight50 » 16 May 2020 17:58

supersobes wrote:
19 Feb 2019 22:59
I would like to see the automotive industry expanded upon in ATS. We have some car dealerships and car factory, but they are pretty small compared to what exists in reality. It would also be nice to have proper North American car hauler trucks.
To expand on this a bit for those that may not be aware, there is now a much deeper Car Industry that is coming to ETS2 soon. I have stated a few times around the forum in the past with trailer ownership in mind that if car haulers are to become ownable, the car industry needs to be deeper. By deeper I mean more places to deliver to and from. It seems that ETS2 has delivered on this. What does that mean for ATS?. The possibility is perhaps there. I don't see why it can't also come to ATS. We have talked about it here before several times. Well today after being totally inspired an wowed by the ETS2 Car Industry blog, I am going to shed some some light on what it can also do for ATS and here's how.

First off, will ATS get it and if so, when. I am not sure how Europe does transport but I can only give examples on how it works here in the US and how I envision such an industry coming to life here in ATS. All the examples below can be in a big loop, one feeds off the others. There is no single file line as they all have to work together to make the industry be what it is. I will go about this in the way I can see prefabs coming for ATS but in no particular order:

Ports

Portland, Seattle and Oakland are established in the game. There are many others around the US but we are not there yet. Oakland is due a rebuild but its not adequate for the occasion. But a Los Angels rebuild, now that can include the Ports there definitely and allows this industry to come to life just as ETS2 has done. The Port of Los Angles is the largest in the US. Followed by the Port of Long Beach which ironically, shares the exact same area as the Port of Los Angles. There are 2 huge car staging areas that would be very similar to what ETS2 has done. The US imports and exports from China, Japan and South Korea from these port but only Japan and South Korea provides vehicles for ATS's sake. With a LA rebuild, that entire areas can be massive and can support both car staging areas along with multiple container staging areas. It can be a mega port considering there are literally 2 ports side by side. (2) car docks for both Japan and South Korea vehicles and (3) container ports for China, Japan and South Korea for all other exports and import goods.

Transport by Rail

So once vehicles arrive to and from the ports, here in the US they travel by train and truck. Luckily in ATS, trains are getting a little love. I still wish they get longer up to 20-30 cars. Mods are doing it so there is hope. With new industries continuously popping up, so should the various types of train cars. Imo, train depots need to become much larger as they are vital pick up locations just as much intermodal container pickup locations will become. The more inland we go in ATS, the more intermodel terminals will come. When it comes to cars, the below pic is the train car hauler that SCS will need to develop for ATS. Cars can actually be seen thru it if you are close enough. Luckily the visibility is low though not to mention the train is in motion. So this means that SCS can put the low level car models in these and be okay. Normally when a train is hauling cars, there are many of them connected together. This adds to the need for longer trains in ATS as more train car type have to get made.

Transport by Road

We have all seen them on North American roads whether you live in NA or not. You guys have played ATS and have an idea on how some things are here. These transports are pretty cool to see person and you always wonder....is it going to fall off, lol. Nope, not so easily at least. For those that seem to think SCS is wrong with the current car hauling trailer.....guess again. 5th wheel trailers do exist in the US. I am not sure about Canada and Mexico though. 5th wheel is the only option in ATS currently so they work the best with ATS. Now the hardest part about making the car industry deeper in ATS is that I don't think SCS can get away without building a true North American Car Hauler. Does this require SCS to renegotiate trucks licenses? Maybe, maybe not. But lets just say they don't for this sake. Not going to go political license talk here. The cool part about the tractor rack system is that it can perhaps be low poly with all square tubes. They only work on flat roof trucks obviously. Also the devs would have to remove the 5th wheel itself add a hook similar to pulling doubles to attach the appropriate hauling trailer. I am sure the devs could make the racks fit every truck that are actually car haulers here. As far as I know, that is the W900, 389 and the VNL. If SCS allows the racks on these three for now, we are good. The WS 4900 if it comes can get added to that mix. So if you want a NA dedicated car hauler, you will need one of those 4 trucks. Otherwise, stick with the 5th wheel trailer version. There are 9 to 10 cars that can fit on the NA dedicated car haul trucks. The 5th wheel version is 7-8.

Destinations

So where do these vehicles go and come from. They obviously come from manufacturers first off. From there, many options are available. They go to dealerships, train depots, ports and even new vehicles for car rental fleets. Credit goes to @Larry71490 for the car rental idea. He and I discussed something briefly on car rentals is which I will create a whole other thread for its topic. I have an idea for them thanks to Larry. Anywho, as we haul vehicles from point A to B in ATS, there are many new prefabs that can come that derive from manufactures.

from manufacture

to trains and ports

to dealership and car rental fleets
both small and large (airports rentals & standalone rentals)

Components to make vehicles

There tons of options here but I will only mention a few. Auto part store like AutoZone, PepBoys and Napa can get trucks to and from distribution centers to ports, train depots and manufactures as well. Perhaps Pepboy is the only one really large enough in ATS to make deliveries worth it. A revamped car industry could also tie into the oil and chemical industry. This also brings in the rubber and tire industry. There are only so many rubber manufacturers that would need to make the game though. You can also add in the glass and metal industry here and you have an entire car industry all under one category.

car parts

tire manufacturer

motor oil company

auto glass

Larry71490

#109 Post by Larry71490 » 16 May 2020 18:56

To further expand a lot of people who pull the 5th wheel car haulers normally carry wrecked but driveable cars to auctions.

Autoparts stores mainly use their own fleet of trucks to pull their loads such as car parts, batteries, etc.

@flight50 actually Napa, Advance Auto and Autozone is sufficient for parts delivery. I wouldnt worry about quick lube joints like Pep Boys, Jiffy Lube, etc as they get their supplies from auto parts store I believe.

Motor oil is normally carried in tankers but can be carried in dry vans in 55 gallon drums to store or bottle plant to be bottled.

Tires are normally ran from plant to customer. Normally loaded and unloaded by hand.

flight50

#110 Post by flight50 » 16 May 2020 19:13

Yeah I have auction pics as well but since they are not new vehicles, I am holding them for the other topic I mentioned. I agree on Jiffy Lube, those can remain as non functioning prefabs in the game. PepBoys is much larger than just a lube place though, at least here in Texas and Arkansas I know. They are like a Walmart car care but perhaps more parts. The tires I have in mind for cargo comes in racks though. I am more or less thinking from Tire manufacture to Car manufacture in bulk. But I will cover all that in the other deeper topic in the research thread.

Return to “General discussion about the game”