Idaho Discussion Thread

KnuteOle

Re: Idaho Discussion Thread

#1571 Post by KnuteOle » 19 May 2020 19:00

Achievements aren't generally something that I track. They tend to be surprises that I get just by playing the game.

However, for Idaho, I'll probably try to get them all. Maybe the next blog will share some insights on what they are and how to get them? Has there been a blog that covers achievements before?
Visit my World of Trucks profile and say hi!
https://worldoftrucks.com/en/profile/4918521
ThatWeirdTrucker

#1572 Post by ThatWeirdTrucker » 19 May 2020 20:06

@KnuteOle I don't believe there are achievement blogs for states.
flight50

#1573 Post by flight50 » 19 May 2020 22:20

Achievements are never blogged. People just always notice them posted to Steam as soon as they are released and provide a snap shot here.
howey

#1574 Post by howey » 20 May 2020 01:00

Regarding to the cutscenes comments I wouldn't have a issue with it if they did do it for loading hoppers. Biggest thing I'm hoping they will do is add a significant amount of cargo to cater Idaho's industries as well as industries in the game in general especially to the trailer models that lack it badly.

The last thing I want them to do is to add more trailer types with only 2 or 3 cargoes to haul from them like they have done the last couple of times.
flight50

#1575 Post by flight50 » 20 May 2020 03:21

Agreed @howey. As time goes on with ATS as these new map expansion are really starting rolling out, ATS is handicapped by variety in both companies and cargo. Since 2017 when New Mexico leased to now just before Idaho, to date ATS added 18 companies. That number will more than likely grow with Idaho and Colorado coming this year but I fear not by much. We might get to 5-8 new companies between both dlcs for this year. Black Sea alone added 24 in one year. I am a firm believer in, you make it, they will come. Meaning if ATS starts adding content people want to see, more people would buy into it. Everything is too limited in ATS right now. Considering SCS isn't able to market in the US like they can in Europe, making up for it in different ways help. Word of mouth is one way and that comes from the people playing the game as well as streaming and reviewing it that are actually in the US.

Maps are coming. Great quality ones at that. Trucks are slowing coming in. That’s attracting people as the map gradually gets larger. Features and upgrades across the board are happening. But one thing that seems to not grow with ATS on par with ETS2 are companies and cargo. ETS2 is rolling with both. A bit more variety and cargo can go along ways. I understand we still have a lot more states to cover in which some industries haven’t been reach yet. That’s a different story. It’s the industries we do have available that can have more companies and cargo. I am with howey in hoping Idaho brings more new industries along with cargo suited for it.

I am sure Idaho has much more to offer than potatoes. At least I hope for ATS’s sake. One can Google Idaho industries and economy and easily gather the top 5-10 industries. One can take that and grab the top 3-5 companies for each. Take the top 5 industries and the top 3 companies and convert that into game material for ATS. That gets the ball significantly rolling into more favorable conditions for ATS. Do that process for every state and the economy could be massive. Along with such, should come the masses of cargo. In a nutshell, both games could theoretically share the same def files for cargoes if the same industries exist between the two. Outside of a nice new pretty map in Idaho, I hope the underlying structure of it adds a lot more than what we been getting. Oregon brought a fair about of companies but that it. I fear it won’t with Idaho either. I'd be surprised it we got more than 5 new companies with Idaho based on only getting 2 in Utah as the latest dlc. I am open to getting shocked. So SCS, lay it on us.
howey

#1576 Post by howey » 20 May 2020 11:17

@flight50 time will tell to see if they have listened or not, but I hope they have, be good if they do have that surprise of adding a farming DLC like you me and others have wished for a while now. Would definitely be the icing on the cake.

I know you have said that with more map DLC's increases the chances of more industries, companies and freight which I agree and understand just like to think they will have the right method in achieving that by adding suitable and a variety of cargo to suit the various trailer types we have and not just a selected few like they have been doing.
flight50

#1577 Post by flight50 » 20 May 2020 13:11

Yeah I know Carthoo would lurk the forum and take note of conversation and be that people person that we all become accustomed to. Without him, is feels like a disconnect. In order to get SCS involved now with covid, we pretty much have to do a mention tag. Carthoo would just buzz in without needing mentions. I have no idea if anyone is doing what he did so his absence is missed. When things get out of hand or serious questions are legitimate and need to be addressed, sometimes someone will chime in from time to time and that's appreciated. I see Max and Oscar but that's pretty much it. But for things like ATS needs like more cargo, industries and companies, I am not sure those prayers are getting addressed and taken back to the corresponding personnel that can address these concerns. Now Idaho is around the corner. If some of the things we mentioned start getting covered, that means that SCS listened months ago. Just recently I have been making even more emphasis for more companies and industries in ATS. That's perhaps too recent for Idaho. Cargo I always talk about. But perhaps Colorado and beyond, more effort can be put into all three: cargo, industries and companies without missing a beat.
MattoCross

#1578 Post by MattoCross » 20 May 2020 14:24

Achievments are the sing of that general structure of Map DLC is complete (road network, cities, companies are on it's place).
Then just optimalizing the enviroment and testing are in lineup before release.
ATS Vanilla Player - My WoTr
KnuteOle

#1579 Post by KnuteOle » 20 May 2020 15:08

Well, I know my very first achievement in Idaho will be to discover all the cities and buy all the garages so nobody else can have them. I'm selfish that way. :)
Visit my World of Trucks profile and say hi!
https://worldoftrucks.com/en/profile/4918521
ThatWeirdTrucker

#1580 Post by ThatWeirdTrucker » 20 May 2020 15:34

My gosh, I'm so pumped for Idaho. Is it too late for a June release month announcement blog?

Return to “General discussion about the game”