Colorado Discussion Thread

flight50

Re: Colorado Discussion Thread

#561 Post by flight50 » 20 May 2020 18:32

@Shiva. Sorry about the link. Something told me to post pics instead but I didn't want to hijack the thread. But yes, that's it. Those are what I was calling side loaders, but for the record, I will refrain from that word and refer to those as beverage trailers/trucks.

Then again I wasn't really hijack because its also a pitch for breweries in Colorado. I'd love to see the AI with beverage trailers. We as 5th wheel drivers should just deliver brewery loads to supermarkets and other related retailers. I believe its JazzyCats mods that has beverage trailers in and they look pretty decent. If SCS can do a variate for AI traffic, it makes driving around cities more immersive. I'd like the straight truck and the 5th wheel beverage trucks for the AI.
bryntrollian

#562 Post by bryntrollian » 20 May 2020 19:51

@flight50
Yep, the one in Jazzycat's pack is the model that was done by SCS and converted from the 18 WoS games.
Shiva

#563 Post by Shiva » 20 May 2020 21:17

@flight50 There is this Beer factory, that I have mentioned ages ago :)
But can it fit ingame?
Altho, I think most of those beers are delivered with regular semi-trailers?
NTM's B-Double Telescopic Skeletal Container Carrier. Youtube video on how it works. W & S thread.
B-Double trailer and short modes: EN 7.82 swap body, 20’ or 30’ containers.
Standalone 40' mode: EN 7.82 swap body, 20', 30', 40' or 2 x 20' trailer.
flight50

#564 Post by flight50 » 20 May 2020 22:06

Yeah I saw that one. Either that one or the one in Colorado Springs. We may not need both but considering there are so far apart, it may not matter too much. I'd rather see as many new companies as possible without continuing all the repeats we have now. It's all by itself so it will definitely fit. After seeing it, I'd much rather have that one. The one in Colorado Springs is very small compared to the one in Ft. Collins. But if we do get both, we can have 2 variants for that company. A big building and a small one. There will be lots more places thru out the US in which we can use both.
Xaagon

#565 Post by Xaagon » 21 May 2020 02:31

Colorado Springs? You mean Golden?

Colorado Springs has some micro-breweries, but to my knowledge the only mass-scale breweries in Colorado are in Fort Collins (Wellington) and Denver (Golden).

I always thought the one in Golden was bigger, but have only toured the Fort Collins one and it was amazing. It was over 20 years ago, but I remember they had machines that filled cans, packed them into cartons, stacked and shrink wrapped them onto pallets so fast that a new one would be ready just as soon as these guys on fork lifts could move them. They had a rail line going directly into the plant. Supposedly the railcars had conveyor belts in them to speed their unloading. This was probably more than the typical public tours would show - I saw it as part of a college class that studied the operations of factories.
flight50

#566 Post by flight50 » 21 May 2020 03:07

@Xaagon. Nope, lol. I was referring to CS. At least that's Google Maps shows something here. East of I-25 and South off Garden of the Gods Rd. The one in GS is some type of Anheuser-Busch small operations though. It has trailers and trucks so they ship something to and from there. The one in Ft. Collins looks like its the mass production brewery along with the one in Denver (the below link).

The other I was talking about is MillerCoors is in Golden though but it should get absorbed by Denver. There is also this larger Aneuser-Busch that I just found that is actually in Denver though. So there are 3 Aneuser-Busch all off I-25 basically.
Xaagon

#567 Post by Xaagon » 21 May 2020 03:53

OK, gotcha. Yes, that's just a warehouse. The thing to the right with all the tanks next to the pond is actually a water treatment facility. I thought you were talking about the actual breweries. Distribution facilities are indeed all over the place.
flight50

#568 Post by flight50 » 21 May 2020 05:24

I say brewery as in all beer, lol. But its mainly the 3 top nation wide beer companies I'm referring to. Primarily brands from the big 2 in MillerCoors and Anheuser. I don't drink beer so I don't know the differences in all the kinds/types or what not. Beer is just beer to me and I associated them all as being brewed. Part of me being naive with the product I suppose. Nevertheless, its the companies that are nation wide that make and distribute beer that could have a home in ATS.
ALT2870

#569 Post by ALT2870 » 21 May 2020 06:21

The Coors plant in Golden is the worlds largest brewery. (I'm not a beer drinker period fyi.) That being said the thing is massive when you drive by it. Takes up most of the tiny "valley" it is in. I've hear the tour is pretty cool as well. I wouldn't doubt that it would be in, guessing the SCS group might of swung by.

(Oh, and ya, no major beer operation in Colorado Springs, there isn't even a spring there. :P)
SmokeyWolf

#570 Post by SmokeyWolf » 21 May 2020 11:52

I pulled quite a few beer loads out of Ft Collins.

Return to “General discussion about the game”