Idaho Discussion Thread

flight50

Re: Idaho Discussion Thread

#1621 Post by flight50 » 22 May 2020 14:49

Nah, I doubt SCS would make dirt roads available for the AI. I have seen it using traffic mods though. If the road is wide enough to like chemical plants I'd be cool with that. But its perhaps too rare and tight to put AI on the current logging roads. Not all players drive the same and traffic jams would occur because either the Ai or the human player can't navigate out of the situation. So its best off to just not put the AI on single lane roads as human players.
Xaagon

#1622 Post by Xaagon » 22 May 2020 23:23

I think the entrance placement is ok, especially if this is a low traffic area.
Shiva

#1623 Post by Shiva » 22 May 2020 23:27

I will not try to check if that is a real life location or not.
Atleast not until game is released and I drive past it.
NTM's B-Double Telescopic Skeletal Container Carrier. Youtube video on how it works. W & S thread.
B-Double trailer and short modes: EN 7.82 swap body, 20’ or 30’ containers.
Standalone 40' mode: EN 7.82 swap body, 20', 30', 40' or 2 x 20' trailer.
natvander
SCS Software

#1624 Post by natvander » 23 May 2020 04:44

I would reeeeeally suggest waiting for the map to be released before making such posts - you don't really have anything to base your comments on until you know where it is. For the record, in real life this intersection only has 1 stop sign, the electrical boxes are all there and there are no traffic signals, and there's no reason why the dirt road can't be there (there are far worse intersection in the US).
Never argue with idiots. They bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.
ALT2870

#1625 Post by ALT2870 » 23 May 2020 07:19

Thanks natvander for speaking out. I was hoping someone would post something similar so I didn't have to. (I saw this post this morning.) I'm not sure what joy some people have nitpicking the living daylights out of one photo. and super minor details at that. Come on guys, it's a game. At this point I'd rather see the two paragraph post about how someone can't wait for release or something. lol

Rant Over
Shiva

#1626 Post by Shiva » 23 May 2020 07:24

natvander I would guess that this location is not on US-95 nor US-93.
Similar Electrical boxes can be found close to houses.
Post boxes, 10? of them. Houses somewhere behind the camera and to the left of it.
Totally possible that they are replacing electrical overhead lines with buried lines. Undergrounding.
Idaho is in full swing to replace old underground lines too.
And.... 1 of those do not like an electrical box.
Could it be some sort of a marker, made of granite or concrete?
The dark grayish, mid picture. With a lighter gray footing.

Aaaand yeah.... I did do a try to find out where this could be. Instead of going sleep.
Good luck with that, to me, due to the size of Idaho. :lol:

One more note, the pic seem to be taken around mid day.
Altho, I have not checked what angle sun has in Idaho at midday, during mid summer. So it could be somewhere around +-3hours from mid day.

Ohai ALT2870, you posted that while I was finalizing this, after writing and checking for... more than 1, maybe 2 hours in total maybe?
And yeah, I do agree with you :)
NTM's B-Double Telescopic Skeletal Container Carrier. Youtube video on how it works. W & S thread.
B-Double trailer and short modes: EN 7.82 swap body, 20’ or 30’ containers.
Standalone 40' mode: EN 7.82 swap body, 20', 30', 40' or 2 x 20' trailer.
Robinicus

#1627 Post by Robinicus » 23 May 2020 11:24

@natvander - agree with @ALT2870 fully; speculation about where a location may be is one thing, blindly finding fault without any basis in reality is something all together different.

IMO, based on the time I spent supporting the logging industry in the 90's, that is one of the safer entrances I have seen to a cut....there are plenty of them on blind curves or blind elevation drops in areas where it is at highway speed as they are built wherever the elevation permits.
flight50

#1628 Post by flight50 » 23 May 2020 13:15

True that we need to see the map but our comments are just speculation because we don't have the map. Thanks for confirming that intersection exist like that in real life. But it is very abnormal which is why I called it out. Agreed that without knowing the location the entire picture can't be put together. But I can almost guarantee that someone will make a bug report if they only see one stop sign at an intersection like that. I don't see the AI playing nicely there. A 4-way with only one stop sign? Sometimes you just can't map to reality. I'd add the opposite stop sign but that's just me. Just analyzing the scene and trying to help fix something in case its an error before the map releases.
nautofon

#1629 Post by nautofon » 23 May 2020 15:54

The real world is not perfect, so I'd say the game world shouldn't be either. But that's just me. :)
For driving without GPS navigation:  ATS Company/Facility Directory — C/FD
ThatWeirdTrucker

#1630 Post by ThatWeirdTrucker » 23 May 2020 16:56

They'll include every detail they see (i.e. stop sign, traffic lights, etc). If they don't see a stop sign in the intersection, they're not going to add it.

Return to “General discussion about the game”