FMOD Discussion [ETS2]

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check the Forum Rules.
Robinicus

Re: FMOD Discussion [ETS2]

#151 Post by Robinicus » 23 May 2020 17:46

@King Leo - horns are not that difficult to do; follow the info in post 1 and this is how to set them up at the track level:

[ external image ]

Note these are done on a timeline sheet only and the assets need to be set at asynchronous for it to work.

The you just use the exiting SCS soundrefs and update the name inside to use your bank you create.
_DC_

#152 Post by _DC_ » 23 May 2020 18:36

One question more, do you have any general advice about the samples recorded (quality/specs/ etc..)? i mean i have some good ones, but ingame they are just way too low, and if i increase the dB in FMOD it seems to increase the "reverb" and it makes the sound like to be in a huge room :D
Robinicus

#153 Post by Robinicus » 23 May 2020 18:55

@DeDios I have been using ogg for the most part; have not really seen an improvement using wav or better formats in FMOD and they can be problematic with buffer overruns in the game for users with low amounts of memory.

I typically normalize the samples to a 0 db reference point in an external editing program; I use Audacity but there are many you can use for this. Keep in mind many samples you will find already have effects on them, especially delay and reverb and if they have too much gain it just compounds the additional effects SCS adds through the spatializer.
King Leo

#154 Post by King Leo » 23 May 2020 19:21

@Robinicus I now have the right version of FMOD and have also downloaded the templates. But nothing more happens. I do not understand the program. I can see that the program has actually loaded the templates. But the view remains empty. A view that looks only approximate, like your screenshot, missing. I'm afraid I don't get it. Template I renamed and even the assets I successfully saved to the template file. But that was it.
Thanks for the answer anyway.
Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift. That is why it is called the present.
_DC_

#155 Post by _DC_ » 23 May 2020 19:55

Thanks @Robinicus , i use audacity as well, i will try to nornalize the samples at 0dB. Sadly i've done the exact opposite using amplifier, then i think I've screwed them. Tomorrow i will try to revert the effect, hoping to being able to recover the work. Thanks for the advice :)
Drive Safely

#156 Post by Drive Safely » 24 May 2020 00:54

@snare85 - You can create one if there isn't already one. This is for configuring the interior sounds of the truck.

If you extract the DLC for a truck, you can find an example. For the Volvo VNL, it would be located in def\vehicle\truck\volvo.vnl\interior\sounds.sui
snare85

#157 Post by snare85 » 24 May 2020 02:44

Drive Safely very thanks, I found it!)
_DC_

#158 Post by _DC_ » 24 May 2020 09:49

One question more: is there a parameter which regulate the delta between interior sound and exterior? actually i've found a good volume balance in the interior, but exterior is way too much loud.
Robinicus

#159 Post by Robinicus » 24 May 2020 11:52

@DeDios - no, the API side is what controls this; you could do some experimenting with the levels you set of anything you route to an external Grp but it is pretty much impossible to get the right balance with anything doing this right now.
_DC_

#160 Post by _DC_ » 24 May 2020 12:43

Thanks for the reply anyway! :)

Return to “Modding Guides”