Mega Shifter

Slider_556

Re: Mega Shifter

#461 Post by Slider_556 » 28 May 2020 19:24

Definitely, and Johnny (SouthernTrucker) is an awesome guy too. I've gotten to be good friends with him over the last 6 months or so. He really truly cares about the products that he builds. I've bought 3 shifters from him, and he even built me a really nice one free of charge just for helping him out with testing some stuff and tracking down some specific parts for him. This community is lucky to have guys like Johnny and also Jim from A.S.P. They provide a very niche, but awesome service for all of us sim truckers. Would definitely be awesome to see SCS do something with Southern Trucker Gaming.
flight50

#462 Post by flight50 » 28 May 2020 21:03

Agreed on Johnny. He and I talked before about doing some stuff for GATS next time. He does shifters on the side though as he likes his day job. This was last Summer though. Things could be different but +1 to collaborating with SCS. I should buy at least one from him and keep my Mega shifter for backup.
donfede

#463 Post by donfede » 29 May 2020 08:58

Slider_556 wrote: 14 Apr 2020 16:56 ... Still using the one with the SCI knob on it he built me 6 months ago or so, still works flawlessly. ...
What is SCI? Doing a brief search on the web I don't see them as an IRL truck aftermarket company.
I know SCI is in the ATS steering wheel DLC, so I'd guess they were an SCS made up "aftermarket company", but I don't understand why they didn't use " SCS" as a brand.

And back on topic, do all these shifter modifications require an extra USB connection? How do people handle the cable management, as a wire coming out of the shifter seems rather clumsy.
Last running ETS2 and ATS on Debian GNU/Linux old-stable "stretch" 9 64bit
flight50

#464 Post by flight50 » 29 May 2020 13:29

Yes, there is an usb cable. I have mine zip tied to my desk. Cables are all tucked and routed out the way for me. At least as best as I can get them. I have to have my wheel setup to where I can remove it when necessary for when I have to work at home.
Slider_556

#465 Post by Slider_556 » 29 May 2020 14:05

@donfede SCI is Steering Creations Inc. They're a real life company, and all the steering wheels in-game with their name are real wheels. They also make an assortment of shift knobs.

Yes, they're an extra USB connection. And a wire coming out of the shifter doesn't hinder it in any way at all. Just like airlines coming out of the shifters in real life doesn't obstruct them. You can see in the photos on the previous page that the cable hangs clear of the gates, I've never even noticed it.
supersobes
Global moderator

#466 Post by supersobes » 29 May 2020 15:10

donfede wrote: 29 May 2020 08:58 I know SCI is in the ATS steering wheel DLC, so I'd guess they were an SCS made up "aftermarket company", but I don't understand why they didn't use " SCS" as a brand
Back in 2016, SCS and SCI met up at Mid America Trucking Show in Kentucky, and they were admiring each others' work. They decided that they wanted to work together on something. In September of 2016, the Steering Creations DLC for ATS was released, and they gave away the first 30,000 copies of the DLC for free.
95blackz26

#467 Post by 95blackz26 » 31 May 2020 14:58

flight50 wrote: 28 May 2020 16:48 Well thanks to @supersobes, I have my warning label back. People have been pm-ing me for recommendations so the warning does help those who read. Since I post all over the place, its exposes CSIO and TA more. To know that I vouched for TA back in the day kinda hurts because he gave me great customer service. Then things just tanked after that. But with @southerntrucker711 in the mix, all is good. When one falls, there is always another to pick up the slack. I really wish SCS joined up with someone just like they have with Thrustmaster and Tobii. I'd buy an official SCS shifter to support the cause.
i love the shifter i got from TA and it's a shame he fell like the others. i also have a shifter from CSIO and that was glitchy which is why i went to TA, plus i liked the fact that TA used original eaton knobs. when i ordered mine 2yrs ago it was a pain the butt to get it back then. he had his lead time posted for the shifters and i waited that out so at 35 days i sent him a message and even that was a chore to get a response.

the funny part with CSIO was i remember seeing something that he quit his day job to build these knobs full time.

this community seems so small as it is and to have companies ripping people off is nuts.
Oscar
SCS Software

#468 Post by Oscar » 31 May 2020 16:12

Does anyone know of an alternative to the Micro Shifter sold by Tech Affliction? I bought one from TA a few years ago before they went missing, but that was for the Logitech shifter. I have a TH8A now and wanted something similar, but not the full-sized ones as the shifter's mounted on my table and I'm a short Asian guy.
What I say is mostly accurate.

Going on work trips to bring you guys new trucks, trailers... and maybe more?

Don't check out my Steam Workshop mods because they are not updated anymore:
Realistic HD Dashboards
Realistic Dashboard Computers
flight50

#469 Post by flight50 » 31 May 2020 17:18

@Oscar. If you want a quality one, check out @Slider_556 video on the previous page. Its from SouthernTrucker Gaming, look him up on Facebook, I would link it but I don't know if that's a violation. He doesn't charge until he starts making it. Since you are from SCS, he'd be thrilled to hear from ya. Tell him the forum here recommended him. I wish you guys could partner up with him. He is a member here though but he doesn't come on here anymore. But several can vouch for him. I need to buy one just to support him.
Last edited by flight50 on 31 May 2020 17:20, edited 1 time in total.
Oscar
SCS Software

#470 Post by Oscar » 31 May 2020 17:19

@flight50, thanks for the recommendation. I'll contact him and see what he has available.
What I say is mostly accurate.

Going on work trips to bring you guys new trucks, trailers... and maybe more?

Don't check out my Steam Workshop mods because they are not updated anymore:
Realistic HD Dashboards
Realistic Dashboard Computers

Return to “General discussion about the game”