Las Vegas thread

interstate trav

Re: Las Vegas thread

#651 Post by interstate trav » 28 Jun 2020 21:31

I think my biggest dislike and I completely like the game and think that the amount of detail put in and how much they listen to the fans of he game is great, so with that being said I just wish we could have more Las Vegas Blvd to drive and possible extend it in both directions. Other then that I’m pretty happy with it. I don’t think it really needs the 215 mainly for space issues, but we got it looking so much more realistic. I’m hoping for Primm to be redone just to look more like the actual Primm. Then Mtn Pass and the turn at the Stateline which I have mentioned many times before.
flight50

#652 Post by flight50 » 28 Jun 2020 23:14

Same here @interstate trav. I agree all the way. More strip would be better and I don't need the 215 either. Even if they do nothing but update signage, I am still content myself. Vegas is not a city to avoid any longer and I am pumped about that.
bobgrey1997

#653 Post by bobgrey1997 » 29 Jun 2020 01:10

Reignman wrote: 28 Jun 2020 13:34Ahhh I see, so it's completely useless now lol? It's not longer a shortcut to that Walberts? Where does it go?
It's an access road. It goes to exits.
Such roads are designed so that traffic not going into the city can stay on the main freeway and not be interrupted by exiting and entering traffic while traffic coming from or going into the city can exit the freeway onto the access road, then take that to their desired exit.
So, no, it's not useless now.
interstate trav

#654 Post by interstate trav » 29 Jun 2020 01:17

Thanks, to be honest I’m very happy with the New Las Vegas and to be honest I would change just a couple of things myself, and again not complaints just my opinion is I would have Blue Diamond Road exit 33 we the first exit and then have Flamingo, then no one complains about the location of the Welcome to Las Vegas sign, which personally the fact that it’s off by a little doesn’t bother me. It really is t a game changer. I would just like to see Las Vegas Blvd extended further south and I wanted Jean Nevada exit 12 where Las. Eggs Blvd ends basically on the south end. There’s room for it but it’s just a preference I would like or have the Sloan exit to bring Las Vegas Blvd further south. It would be nice to have it go all the way to the 93 but not a game changer for me.

As is he only thing I do want is like you more driving on Las Vegas Blvd but this is an open Beta and they are asking for feedback, and since they have always tried to make the game better that would be my main thing. Also I would have liked to get Boulder. It’s but scaling is an issue, and I hope they use the graphics to make the mountains around Las Vegas more realistic esp from the 15 when driving North into town.

Also I hope they add the 95 to Needles, it would be a nice addition but I’m sure it will be added considering signs along he 10 and 8 reference Las Vegas so it may come in the future.

Atthe next update I hope the 15 gets redone all the way south and Primm but that’s in the future.

Sorry if I was repeating myself I just wanted to make sure I said I do like the new Las Vegas but I have a few little things I’d like to see but I’m happy.
Reignman

#655 Post by Reignman » 30 Jun 2020 10:03

bobgrey1997 wrote: 29 Jun 2020 01:10It's an access road. It goes to exits.
Such roads are designed so that traffic not going into the city can stay on the main freeway and not be interrupted by exiting and entering traffic while traffic coming from or going into the city can exit the freeway onto the access road, then take that to their desired exit.
So, no, it's not useless now.
So it's just completely useless from my POV lol? My POV being I liked using it as a shortcut to Wallbert haha. But sounds like we need a lot more of these access roads or longer ramps if we can't find a better solution to AI cars stopping to merge onto highways.
bobgrey1997

#656 Post by bobgrey1997 » 30 Jun 2020 11:08

I think we need proper acceleration lanes for that. That's the only viable solution I can think of.
For exits that too close to each other, they could have the onramp of one form a new lane which is then the exit for the next offramp. Sure, this presents it's own issues with crossmerging, but that is better than stopping on the freeway!
supersobes
Global moderator

#657 Post by supersobes » 30 Jun 2020 19:01

Exit ramps and acceleration lanes have always been unrealistic in ATS though. They're always a lot shorter, steeper, and sharper than they are in real-life. I guess that's just the compromise that has to be taken with the 1:20 map scale to keep the footprint size of interchanges to a reasonable size for the map. In real-life, fully loaded semi trucks can use the ramp and merging space provided to get to around 50 to 55 MPH before having to merge with traffic, but in ATS, it's sometimes a challenge to push 30 MPH getting on the highway with a full load at some interchanges.
angrybirdseller

#658 Post by angrybirdseller » 30 Jun 2020 20:04

Rework the signs in Las Vegas and move to Primm and remove old road segments and remove refinery. I would build retail outlet prefab as as replacement for Walbert as these are seen in midsize or large metro areas.
Have Nike, Addais, Levi, Lands Ending Outlet stores.
flight50

#659 Post by flight50 » 30 Jun 2020 20:23

I will take anything for a Walbert substitute. One of the issues is that we have a large Wallbert (Walmart) and an small one (Walgreens) but both have the Wallbert title. The two should be separated with the small one taking on a different name like Watson, Wilson, Wilburn, Wallobee, Walberg or something. Anything but another Walbert. They cater to different needs. The small one is like our Walgreens/CVS pharmacy. Even calling it Wallbert Neighborhood (Walmart Neighborhood) is better than leaving it as is. Currently the Wallbert lacks a ton of cargo. Walmart sells a lot more than the cargo we have going to it. There are industries and prefabs not in the game yet to bring all this, so its understood. But as more of the map gets filled out, grocery stores and supermarkets need to add a lot more to their cargo intake and outake.
Vinnie Terranova

#660 Post by Vinnie Terranova » 30 Jun 2020 21:22

I don't know about those cargos... What kind of cargo goes to a supermarket / hypermarket like Walmart / Walbert / Wal-whatever? Well, all kind of food and drinks of course, and also a lot of non-food stuff, like cell phones, clothing, electronics, etc. But here comes the problem: all those products are delivered by the same type of trailers. I'm not talking about the skin, logo, or whatever, I'm talking about the type of trailers. And wether you deliver food, clothing or electronics really doesn't matter, because all those products are delivered by the same kind of trailers. Not with flatbeds, or auto transport trailers, or fuel tank trailers. But with those box trailers.
In my opinion we already do have enough box trailers in ATS (and ETS2). I don't need more products to deliver to Wal-whatever if I have to deliver it with a box trailer. What I want is a lot more of those cargos that have to be delivered by flatbeds.

Return to “General discussion about the game”