[REL]Dalton and Elliot Hwy Extreme 1:1 Scale ATS Ver 1.49.1.4 Summer Map Update 28 Nov 23

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check the Forum Rules.
Robinicus

Re: [REL]Dalton and Elliot Hwy Extreme 1:1 Scale ATS v1.36.1.41s Winter Map Fix 7 June 20

#2821 Post by Robinicus » 23 Jun 2020 01:56

@hawkbs - the bank will still work if it was written with the old template; anything written in 2.07.00 will still work in 1.38 even though the SCS 1.38 sounds written in 2.01.01 have new buses. Try open your FMOD template and swap the event type; if you used 3D try 2D and vice verse...that has often been the root cause of sounds not working that were otherwise written properly and the mod compiled properly. Also double check that there isn't any compression on the scs for it although that would throw an error.

One other thing you may want to try is the force mod trick; I was reading about someone having to do that for ui sounds the other day and after Max looked into it he found there was a gap in coding that would require it in some situations.
hawkbs

Re: [REL]Dalton and Elliot Hwy Extreme 1:1 Scale ATS v1.36.1.41s Winter Map Fix 7 June 20

#2822 Post by hawkbs » 23 Jun 2020 02:21

@Robinicus Not on 1.38 yet still working with 1.37.
The 1.37 Template buses are different to the ones in the files for the game. Easy fix though if you notice it, but took me a while to see it.
All of the things I just mentioned didnt work, so going toi try doing as a 2D Event and will edit this to let you know the outcome.
Will have a look and see what that Force Mod Trick is if its in your thread. Thanks for the tip.

EDIT: Doing as 2D Event didnt work either.

@Robinicus
Just read what Max said and further down I saw him say
"force mods" option simply takes all existing mods, mount them in alphabetical order (no priorities) regardless of what rest of game is thinking.
profiles you load then get all mods without chance to escape, which can easily break the saves (based on content of mods).
Two things struck me here.
1. Some folks cant get the load order right let alone adding an option to start the game with force mods even if I added pictures. Some folks dont even bother to look at the load order full stop
so I doubt they'd even read that if I mentioned it.

2. Forcing mods would also load every single mod that people have as Max explained. This could be rather disastrous as it does it alphabetically. God help folks with over 100 mods doing that.
It would be perfectly fine for me to test doing it that way but not for other users as it would trash their saves.

Max has explained that the game pre caches the UI sounds and using different paths for them doesnt work but they are looking at it.
in 1.36 it was an issue. UI is loaded before mod mounting. so the sounds you already used (like click, soft click, window opening, intro sound etc) were already cached in sound system and remained there. thus they can be changed by later loading of mod. forcing mods loaded all mods before game UI run, thus it worked (with all consequences).

current sound implementation (in 1.37) should allow discard and reload modded sounds. so UI sounds should be moddable without forcing mods.
oh, i checked it and it does not work indeed. sorry for mystification.
it was planned and worked on, but there was hit some FMOD issue. we need to find workaround to let it work properly.
Think I will just wait on this and keep checking back in your thread to see when its fixed. Thanks again for the assistance, very much appreciated.
This totally explained to me why modding UI sounds at the moment does not work.
[ external image ]
Quote from Lisa Kelly on Ice Road Truckers
"When you least expect it the road will get ya"
hawkbs

#2823 Post by hawkbs » 27 Jun 2020 11:59

Just been doing some testing in OpenGL Mode and have found some issues with grass being black squares. Once I fix that and check a few other areas I will upload the Winter map.
Sadly it wont be tonight as its getting late and havent eaten yet.
Been trying to tweek the Ice textures to no avail with the Aux[2] so reverted back to the Winter Map Fix for it. Will have to do some research on that later but not for this next release.
I think I have found a backup of what I was working on previously but will check it when Im doing 1.38 compatibility. Some of the models were there so used a couple in this version Im
doing now.
Hopefully will have a fix for that grass issue tomorrow.
As for the trees Ive only added in a few so far (Around Fairbanks and the Bettles Trail) as its a very long process to do as there are different distances all along the Dalton. Some areas are the same for a while along the map
and those are relatively easy to add in. The rest is more time consuming so shall leave it as Ive got it for now and try finish that for 1.38.
For now I just want to get this fixed and finished and done so you guys can drive the map with 1.37 compatibility and the new Truck Dealers.
So hopefully I can sort out that grass and finish openGL Testing tomorrow and upload it. Fingers crossed.
[ external image ]
hawkbs

Re: [REL]Dalton and Elliot Hwy Extreme 1:1 Scale ATS Winter Map 1.37

#2824 Post by hawkbs » 28 Jun 2020 04:45

Winter Map Ver 1.37

Finally the Winter Map for ATS Version 1.37.
Sorry for the massive delay, Im sure most of you know the issues with FMOD that caused a massive headache
due to the way the sound now works with the game. That and the situation with my job,I was put in at the start of all the lockdowns due to Covid-19.

The Yukon River Bridge and Ice Crossings on the Bettles Trail have retained their sound, however due to the way
FMOD works and the Game Pre Caches Sound there is currently no known way to change the UI Sounds, so the loading screens
for Pushtrucks still sound like Trains.
I have not even begun to test Weather Sounds for that reason alone.

I have added all truck dealers to Fairbanks as well as Deadhorse/Prudhoe Bay

Tested Compatibility with OpenGL - this was a real pain as something changed the James W Dalton Highway sign again and it took me
about 8 hours to figure out what was wrong, download a new paint program and fix the darn thing.
If anyone using OpenGL (Mac and Linux users) spots anything that has turned BLACK or PINK please let me know in this thread
and post a screenshot please.

Added in some Birch Trees and Aspen trees to Fairbanks and the Bettles Trail. This is an ongoing long process
and they will be added to the rest of the map as time passes.

Added in lighting around most cities/towns/villages to prefabs.

Changed a couple of building models on the west side of Fairbanks. (The School)

Changed the Motel at Coldfoot and the shack. ( Might have done this for 1.36 not sure)

Fixed a terrain anomalie by Livengood Airport that was sticking up into the air.

Smoothed out some of the hills a bit between Fairbanks and Fox. They are less blocky looking now. This is on the hill going down northbound from Fairbanks,
where the pipeline is on the right and the road changes from 2 lanes to single lanes.

Tweaked the Aux[2] on the snow texture to try eliminate any further texture loading issues.
Unfortunately the Ice Texture still may have small issue with this but if you arent looking for it you probably wont notice it.

Changed the Experience for Cargo Deliveries and Free Roam to be more inline with the Base Game. You should now receive alot more experience

Download : https://drive.google.com/file/d/1s3nllK ... sp=sharing

Load Order Screens are included within the archive and have been updated on the first post in this thread.
Any ingame issues with textures etc please post in this thread with a screenshot.
Last edited by hawkbs on 29 Jun 2020 02:52, edited 3 times in total.
[ external image ]
Ludo Diabolo

Re: [REL]Dalton and Elliot Hwy Extreme 1:1 Scale ATS Ver 1.37 Winter Map 28/6/20

#2827 Post by Ludo Diabolo » 28 Jun 2020 16:04

Excellent work, I never roll on this map, but I'm just looking for a stand-alone map to make me a new profile in addition to my existing profiles.

And there's only your map that stands out from the rest and that's what we've been talking about a lot.
ETS2:promods + Middle-East Add-On + TGS / ATS:promods Canada

SORRY MY ENGLISH, I'M FRENCH.
Trucker_71

Re: [REL]Dalton and Elliot Hwy Extreme 1:1 Scale ATS Ver 1.37 Winter Map 28/6/20

#2828 Post by Trucker_71 » 28 Jun 2020 16:08

I'm into 1.38 now, downloaded the 1.37 version of this map and I get instant ctd if I try to do anything from the initial garage screen. :(
I haven't tried to restart a new profile, maybe I can get by with it if I do.
likebubba

#2829 Post by likebubba » 28 Jun 2020 23:48

is there a latest non-winter version?
likebubba

Re: [REL]Dalton and Elliot Hwy Extreme 1:1 Scale ATS Winter Map 1.37

#2830 Post by likebubba » 29 Jun 2020 00:09

hawkbs wrote: 28 Jun 2020 04:45 Winter Map Ver 1.37

Finally the Winter Map for ATS Version 1.37.
Sorry for the massive delay, Im sure most of you know the issues with FMOD that caused a massive headache
due to the way the sound now works with the game. That and the situation with my job,I was put in at the start of all the lockdowns due to Covid-19.

The Yukon River Bridge and Ice Crossings on the Bettles Trail have retained their sound, however due to the way
FMOD works and the Game Pre Caches Sound there is currently no known way to change the UI Sounds, so the loading screens
for Pushtrucks still sound like Trains.
I have not even begun to test Weather Sounds for that reason alone.

I have added all truck dealers to Fairbanks as well as Deadhorse/Prudhoe Bay

Tested Compatibility with OpenGL - this was a real pain as something changed the James W Dalton Highway sign again and it took me
about 8 hours to figure out what was wrong, download a new paint program and fix the darn thing.
If anyone using OpenGL (Mac and Linux users) spots anything that has turned BLACK or PINK please let me know in this thread
and post a screenshot please.

Added in some Birch Trees and Aspen trees to Fairbanks and the Bettles Trail. This is an ongoing long process
and they will be added to the rest of the map as time passes.

Added in lighting around most cities/towns/villages to prefabs.

Changed a couple of building models on the west side of Fairbanks. (The School)

Changed the Motel at Coldfoot and the shack. ( Might have done this for 1.36 not sure)

Tweaked the Aux[2] on the snow texture to try eliminate any further texture loading issues.
Unfortunately the Ice Texture still may have small issue with this but if you arent looking for it you probably wont notice it.

Changed the Experience for Cargo Deliveries and Free Roam to be more inline with the Base Game. You should now receive alot more experience

Download : https://drive.google.com/file/d/1s3nllK ... sp=sharing

Load Order Screens are included within the archive and have been updated on the first post in this thread.
Any ingame issues with textures etc please post in this thread with a screenshot.
;) awesome

Return to “Maps”