Wishlists Megathread

Vinnie Terranova

Re: Wishlists Megathread

#3531 Post by Vinnie Terranova » 29 Jun 2020 16:00

I have two, kind of technical, wishes:
1) When you open the console while driving, your truck continues to drive in a straight line. So in order to avoid collisions you have to stop your truck before opening the console. Therefore I would like the game to get paused automatically as soon as you open the console.
2) This has nothing to do with changing or adding to the game, but when there is an update to ETS2/ATS, it would be nice that not only we get information about what roads are added, and what cities are changed, but also what is changed under the hood. This makes especially sense for modders. For instance: it appears that with the 1.38 update some def-files and some other files have been changed. It would be nice to know what exactly has been changed, as this could have some consequences for mods.
supersobes
Global moderator

#3532 Post by supersobes » 29 Jun 2020 16:41

Honestly, I think SCS should really publish a complete change log that goes into the details of exactly everything that was changed in every patch. It would be very useful from both a modding and a testing standpoint.
Reinhard

#3533 Post by Reinhard » 29 Jun 2020 17:26

Are you sure? :lol:

A more or less complete change log slipped through for 1.14, long ago:
https://eurotrucksimulator2.com/update/raw_log_14.txt

With every update, there is much more done, under the hood, than people think.
supersobes
Global moderator

#3534 Post by supersobes » 29 Jun 2020 18:27

That change log says it was sent out to testers only.

And what you say about updates having more under the hood than people think is exactly why I think SCS should publish a full change log so it is known what is going on.
xXCARL1992Xx

#3535 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 29 Jun 2020 18:30

we couldnt do anything with the information when they change something engine related, we get what we also can see has changed
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
Some newbie driver

#3536 Post by Some newbie driver » 29 Jun 2020 21:14

But what supersobes means (or I undesrtood so), xXCARL1992Xx, is that (to put just an example), mod makers shouldn't had to find by the "oh, now it's broken!" method about the changes of names in those files. Should had ben some kind of list of those changes, mod makers (at least, the more proficient) should had known what they need to change, why and reducing considerably their time spent testing them on the beta. And it's just an example. Or people reporting bugs could have a place were to easily search if they had been resolved; better than to dig the forum searching old reports that could or could not be updated with the "solved" tag.

And over all of that, even if for the general announcement it remained just the short list, people could have a look about the amount of work involved in updates. Too many times I've saw too many people that, in their ignorance of that fact, grow in bitter thinking the developer "does the bare minimum" on fixing problems of the game.

There should be no harm on publishing more easily accessible a complete list of changes for those who would browse it for whatever reason it could be.

Regards
DebbieH

#3537 Post by DebbieH » 30 Jun 2020 11:21

I've been playing ETS2 for a while (160ish game hours) and I've come up with a some ideas for what I would like to see added to the game.
I've had a read through many of the posts here so posting to show support for the ideas.
  • A keyboard button that switches between displaying MPH and KPH speed settings on the fly, instead of having to pause the game and go into Settings.
  • Being able to switch the gearbox mode (Power Mode / Normal Power Mode / Economy Mode on the fly would also be really nice.
  • Auxiliary Lighting is another button that would be nice to have instead of having to go via the Vehicle adjustment screen. And maybe make it a Traffic Fine for passing too many vehicles with them turned on.
  • A smarter, more realistic Sat Nav system where by you can open a menu on the fly and set a destination to the nearest POI (Point Of Interest) such as Filling Station or Resting Place.
    A distance count down to the next junction would be super useful.
  • A greater range in weather types would also be nice. Having to equip snow chains, via a keyboard button toggle on/off, and utilise Diff Lock to aid traction in winter weather would add a new dimension to the fun.
-
There is already a long list of buttons to use so finding spare buttons to assign the extra functions to could be a challenge but it should be doable... I think?
I don't have the tools,space or money (and only half the skills) to build my own switch box(s) but I sure would love too. As it is I'm using an Xbox One controler on my knee for extra buttons and a Razer Tartarus v2 also.

I spotted this post and that would be major dreamy. I might pop over to Logitech and suggest it there?
legitstickman wrote: 05 Aug 2014 03:26 Second. Logitech should make a wheel geared (pardon the pun) specifically toward truck sims. This means turn signal/wiper stalks, 12 or 18 speed gearbox with thumb and forefinger buttons for ranges, and a large wheel itself. "ETS2 special edition wheel"
I have the Logitech G920 with Shifter. Upgrade those to add the extra and dreamland here we come.
DebbieH

#3538 Post by DebbieH » 30 Jun 2020 12:48

komandosa wrote: 10 Apr 2020 07:59 Hello. I have some ideas. Please please please... make a light for reversing.. It's too dificult to park when it's dark outside.
That would be *super useful*l. If not better illumination on the truck and trailer then better illumination at the drop off point.
DebbieH

#3539 Post by DebbieH » 30 Jun 2020 12:54

Andy45 wrote: 17 Mar 2020 23:32 what i think would make ETS2 a much better game.

*buyable tipper trailers/tankers/cattle trailers

*adblue (to have the choice to refill this separately from fuel system)

*rear view camera system
with the adBLue now a legal requirement in europe it sure does make sense to include it in the game. Replenishable at both an owned garage and service/repair shop.
ZabbeX wrote: 26 Jan 2020 03:23 I think making Emergency Vehicles such as police cars, ambulances or fire trucks should be in an actual emergency passing by with the sirens on and not just driving around.
That could be added to the Random Road Events setting. Having to give way to an emergency vehicle.
Rocket455Man wrote: 20 Jan 2020 17:09 Hi!

Random truck issues such as blown tyre etc.

Invividuaal axles wearing and repairs or replaces to shop.
I'd certainly be interested in the tyre blowout. That would be relism having to wait an hour or more for rescue to turn up and effect a repair / replacement.
TurboJ wrote: 12 Oct 2019 16:20 Probably mentioned a hundred times but OTOH this thread is 343 pages so....

* Ability to see in-game the total gross weight of your current tractor-trailer-cargo combo. Would be quite easy to implement as all the data already exists in game files. Would be super useful for players who want to optimize their truck specification, and would also just be fun to see, plain and simple.
For there to be a break down of the weight
Truck weight = xxxxx Kg / lbs / Tons
Trailer weight = xxxxx Kg / lbs / Tons
Cargo weight = xxxxx Kg / lbs / Tons
Gross weight = xxxxxx Kg / lbs / Tons
Intereting for sure.
guszy

#3540 Post by guszy » 03 Jul 2020 07:36

Welcome friends,

maybe you'll add a new achievement "F1 tire supplier"
and the task will be to deliver tires from any city to the places where the races take place.

:)

Return to “Feature Wishlists and Suggestions”