[REL]Dalton and Elliot Hwy Extreme 1:1 Scale ATS Ver 1.49.1.4 Summer Map Update 28 Nov 23

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check the Forum Rules.
Robinicus

Re: [REL]Dalton and Elliot Hwy Extreme 1:1 Scale ATS Ver 1.37 Winter Map 28/6/20

#2841 Post by Robinicus » 30 Jun 2020 11:58

This may be good info for people to setup a second game version; there is definitely a lot to work through with 1.38 and will take some time...I will share any quick fixes I find with you @hawkbs..the cargo issue is caused by the renaming of cargo files to sui from sii and is a fairly quick edit

viewtopic.php?f=188&t=253470&p=898774&h ... so#p898774
hawkbs

Re: [REL]Dalton and Elliot Hwy Extreme 1:1 Scale ATS Ver 1.37 Winter Map 28/6/20

#2842 Post by hawkbs » 30 Jun 2020 12:08

@Robinicus Indeed it is thank god for CMD and ren *.sii *.sui
The weather on the other hand is gonna be a real p.i.t.a. as the effect eut2/sky/eut2.sky.over.rfx has been removed and theres now 5 new ones to replace it. There were just 2 before.
Damn I just remembered Im gonna have to go in to each file and remove the siiNUnit thing in each one as well.
Might just open em all in NP++ and do a batch remove.
[ external image ]
Quote from Lisa Kelly on Ice Road Truckers
"When you least expect it the road will get ya"
Robinicus

#2843 Post by Robinicus » 30 Jun 2020 12:26

ctrl + h is often my best friend :)

I saw pretty much every weather and graphic mod is now broken over this and there is no info on the modding wiki...hopefully they get their documentation updated soon
hawkbs

#2844 Post by hawkbs » 30 Jun 2020 14:25

Yep I just checked both ATS and ETS2 forums and ETS2 has the same thing errors about eut2.sky.over.rfx
Probably going to have to modify one of the default climates if I cant fix it in the editor. Might also see if I can spot anything in blender and change the effect. However not knowing what that particular file covered that has now been replaced by the 5 new ones is going to be a pain. Piva did the weather originally for both Summer and Winter to which I am grateful however I dont think he is modding weather nowadays and Id much rather fix it myself than tear him away from whatever he is doing. Will see after I manage to get the map loaded in the editor when Ive eliminated the load errors.
BTW I tried including that rfx file in my files and it still gave the same error so no idea whats going on there, perhaps they changed the entire effects system and eliminated whatever that file was calling.
[ external image ]
Robinicus

#2845 Post by Robinicus » 30 Jun 2020 15:32

You may want to touch base with Grimes; he is very involved in weather modding and is probably already ripping apart 1.38 to figure it out.
Trucker_71

#2846 Post by Trucker_71 » 30 Jun 2020 16:00

Robinicus wrote: 30 Jun 2020 11:58 This may be good info for people to setup a second game version

viewtopic.php?f=188&t=253470&p=898774&h ... so#p898774
I struggled for over 5 hours last night with this and I can't separate the two versions even though they have different folder names and the two steam folders are on different physical drives. If I try to change one to no beta 1.37, both change. I think I'm screwed. :roll:
Vinnie Terranova

#2847 Post by Vinnie Terranova » 30 Jun 2020 16:02

hawkbs wrote: 30 Jun 2020 07:44Thats what causes the CTD, it throws out a ton of errors and crashes because the game itself cannot find the countries listed in the AiTraffic Mods definition files which are calling those countries.
I can understand that when the game cannot find the countries that are listed in the AI traffic mod def file, that one or more errors occur. What I cannot understand is, that those errors lead to a CTD. A CTD means that something is wrong with the error and exception handling of the game itself. A country that cannot be found in an AI traffic mod def file just shouldn't lead to a CTD. This kind of errors should be handled in a different way: if this error occurs, the game should not load the AI traffic at all; this is one possible method to take care of this error without causing a CTD. The last thing you want is a CTD...
CE14LEE

#2848 Post by CE14LEE » 30 Jun 2020 16:02

I had that issue when I first started my game back up was way off the map. Every time I went to use my fuel tanker at the Fairbanks garage it kept crashing so I moved it to the Deadhorse garage picked it up and spawned myself back at the Carlile yard in Fairbanks then to take a load of Diesel to Prudhoe

Dosent bother me I’m sure it will all get ironed out in the end.
Current Trucks In ETS2 and ATS
ETS2 R.T Keedwell Group Mercedes Actros MP5 WX69 OXG
ETS2 Ferryman Limited Mercedes Actros MP5 Edition 1 CN21 WXA
ATS Carlile Transportation Kenworth W900 C-2079

My YouTube Channel https://m.youtube.com/@CF21LDB
hawkbs

#2849 Post by hawkbs » 30 Jun 2020 21:14

@Vinnie Terranova One of the big things with AI Traffic that can cause a CTD and I spent weeks looking for it and finally asked for help from SCS was the parked_vehicles file. If they have modified that and theres something wrong in that file will most certainly cause a ctd. I posted a crash log on the forums here viewtopic.php?t=263035 for them and it turned out to be something to do with Police Vehicles and an event. It was first pointed out to me by someone here they were driving down near Rollercoaster and boom ctd. I checked it out and thought it was the terrain mats, I was wrong. The game was trying to spawn in an ai Police Vehicle and it couldnt find it and just crapped itself with a ctd everytime in the same area. The only error I had to go off was an error message only SCS could decipher. They told me it was the Parked Vehicles file causing it and what ai car. So if an AI traffic mod also touches the events or parked vehicles yes it can cause a ctd.
Last edited by hawkbs on 30 Jun 2020 21:35, edited 1 time in total.
[ external image ]
Vinnie Terranova

#2850 Post by Vinnie Terranova » 30 Jun 2020 21:34

Well, that's another nice example of poor error and exception handling. Instead of a CTD and an cryptic error message (in game.crash.txt?) there should be a non-cryptic error message in game.log.txt and parked vehicles and /or police cars shouldn't be loaded at all. If the game can not find whatever car it tries to find, then the game just must not try to load that car anyway. But it does... And that's causing the CTD.
Another solution to this kind of error could be this: if the game cannot find a particular car, then just load a default car. Problem solved, without CTD.

Return to “Maps”