Why the lack of truck accessories in ATS vs ETS2?

KrazySwede

Why the lack of truck accessories in ATS vs ETS2?

#1 Post by KrazySwede » 09 Jul 2020 20:04

Trucks in ETS2 offer many different accessory options to customize your trucks (bull bars/brush guards, roof bars for lights, LED strobes, body variations, etc) but options are very limited in ATS. If I'm not mistaken, the VNL is the first truck to offer a roof bar for mounting lights, and even with that only one one type of light is available.

What's the reason for the limitation in ATS? I it realism, licensing restrictions, development resources or another reason? I'd love to see the level of customization in ATS that we have in ETS2.
parasaurolophus67

Re: Why the lack of truck accessories in ATS vs ETS2?

#2 Post by parasaurolophus67 » 09 Jul 2020 20:06

because they want to have all trucks to be in game from each company. So after the last two company trucks are in then maybe they will
CapitolLimited

#3 Post by CapitolLimited » 09 Jul 2020 20:10

Well ETS2 is way older than ATS. Keep in mind that the newest tuning pack for ETS2 was released just a little over a month ago for a truck that's been in the game for a while now. Probably takes time and research to make nice tuning packs, and maybe they want to wait until there are more trucks in the game first.
supersobes
Global moderator

#4 Post by supersobes » 09 Jul 2020 21:38

Comparing the customization between European trucks and American trucks isn't really a fair comparison becasue both have different types of customization that are done to them. Roof bars such as the one that is on the Volvo VNL are almost never used on trucks in the United States anyways, and I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't even exist at all for some of the trucks. Bull bars are used more often than roof bars albeit still being rare, and the ones that are in ATS are pretty much what you'd see in real-life. Instead of things like that, American trucks are usually customized with things like orange marker lamps on the sides chrome trim. Those are the types of things that are missing from the customization options in ATS.
Freeze338

#5 Post by Freeze338 » 10 Jul 2020 13:10

What is customisation? putting chicken lights and other junks in every part of for all trucks that makes the light layout was different while the truck is looking same?

Or making trucks looking way different than each other with a minimal changes?

People are talking about ATS is lacking customisation but I completely disagree with that. I agree it needs more but I don't agree it's bad comparing to ETS2.

Because when you look at the customisation of ETS2, without customisation packs all trucks are sharing same items. You wanna make your truck unique but how is it possible when all trucks are sharing same bull bars, same layout, same paint jobs, same sunshileds, same door steps etc. There are no proper custom part that separates huge truck roaster until SCS decides to make a truck customisation pack.

In ATS customisation each truck has unique customisation for own. Different paint jobs, different bull bars, different hood mirrors, etc. Most importantly one sleeper cab change could change the entire looking of the truck unlike ETS2. And that makes the difference way more than putting tons small accessories on the truck like ETS2.

But ATS is lacking of accessories in itself. It's not like what you think tho. Not putting a bar on the truck and adding junk accessories on top of that bar. ATS is lacking stock customisations a lot and the main reason of it, at the start SCS confused how to approach ATS and they think it's like ETS2. Recently they realised their mistake and start fixing it like the fuel station layout. Their approach of the trucks is same. Big mistake but nothing more.

First of all they only make 3 sleeper cabs for each truck like ETS2. In ETS2 sleeper cabs are changing the height of the truck but nothing more, having more than 3 is pretty unnecessary they are right but that won't work for ATS. That number must be at least 3 in ATS but mostly it should be more than 3. We have Volvo old VNL in game and we have 3 cab options. They are Volvo VNL 300, VNL 730, VNL 780. But in reality there are VNL 430, VNL 630, VNL 670 exist as well. Currently Volvo makes new VNL and it has 5 different sleeper cab in it. That's not only for Volvo, Kenworth T680 has 5 different sleeper size. W900 has lot's of variety too. Some people are loving flat top sleepers but there isn't any for W900 in game. And that works for other trucks too, Lonestar must have 4 different sleeper, 579 must have ultraloft sleeper etc. Only Anthem has 3 different cab if I'm not mistaken.

Secondly there is a gauge culture in ATS. Those gauges are old version of road computer that shows your fuel to the front axle weight. You can order your truck with customised gauge with your preference so does the truck navigation. They should make a slot for each gauge and we should select those gauges and add in our interior. It is much more useful unlike putting a mug and make our trucks unique. I'll share a couple of photos so you can see the difference.

SCS can add that feature with cabine accessories pack with American way. Different GPS's which is not a stock, being able to put your PC on the table in sleeper etc.

Thirdly, maybe I'm not a huge fan of chicken lights but I am sure there are people who likes them. Well the truck has so many places to have chicken lights. Instead of making a one option to adding lights at sides, why don't you make slots so we can add those lights on the truck?

At the end I don't like SCS's approach of customisation in ATS and they should change it. Sry for my bad English.
Attachments
images (73).jpeg
images (72).jpeg
images (71).jpeg
images (69).jpeg
images (70).jpeg
Skoot

#6 Post by Skoot » 12 Jul 2020 16:24

From what I read, bullbars are quite common in the northern states and Canada. I'd rather get one than have to replace the whole front end after crashing into some idiot moose or whatever.
SmokeyWolf

#7 Post by SmokeyWolf » 12 Jul 2020 21:15

@Skoot a lot of fleets are running bullbars now to help reduce damage from deer strikes especially radiator damage.
SirVirgoTheMess

#8 Post by SirVirgoTheMess » 12 Jul 2020 21:42

@Skoot it depends where in Canada.Where i live(near Montreal),they are a rare thing.I can't tell for the rest of QC,tho.
Skoot

#9 Post by Skoot » 12 Jul 2020 22:12

@Larry71490 @Virgo91 thanks for replies! They should be more common on trucks in rural areas. Not much deers in Montreal, lol.

@Freeze338 not to mention SCS can't (or for some bizarre reason doesn't want to) implement different interiors for manual/automatic gearboxes. :roll: My biggest complaint as for now.
mikemontrealer

#10 Post by mikemontrealer » 13 Jul 2020 15:49

I just got back into ETS2 last week and what I did like was the numerous options to add in-cab accessories. I love having a compass on the dash, for instance.

Return to “General discussion about the game”