ATS concept map (fanmade)

fra_ba

Re: ATS concept map (fanmade)

#911 Post by fra_ba » 16 Jul 2020 08:53

The part of SR-21 between Stanley and Lowman doesn't seem to be problematic though the part between Lowman and Idaho City looks curvy. A real trucker in forum already said that using SR-21 requires special permit. So it's not entirely ruled out. Also iirc both us-95 and id-55 have length restriction but they end up in game. I also checked editor, seems in terms of scale there is no issue!
flight50

#912 Post by flight50 » 16 Jul 2020 14:24

Yes Ellie chimed in. I know Ellie. I met her at GATS last year. Very very sweet person and very knowledgeable. Yes she did say that ID-21 is not completely off limits but it is limited. So if you can't take all trailer combinations on it in ATS, SCS is better off not doing it imo so I concur with their decision. If ID-21 has a 48 or 53' limit (I can't remember Ellie's exact words), you can bet someone will try TPD, triples or the longest HH trailer they can haul.
Last edited by flight50 on 16 Jul 2020 22:46, edited 1 time in total.
Shiva

#913 Post by Shiva » 16 Jul 2020 21:11

Maybe a big big warning sign? ;) :D

/edit 5th august 2020:
US-26 between Moran to Riverton deleted?!
NTM's B-Double Telescopic Skeletal Container Carrier. Youtube video on how it works. W & S thread.
B-Double trailer and short modes: EN 7.82 swap body, 20’ or 30’ containers.
Standalone 40' mode: EN 7.82 swap body, 20', 30', 40' or 2 x 20' trailer.
leo.arevalo12ss

#914 Post by leo.arevalo12ss » 15 Sep 2020 17:27

Is there an animated dlc release for 2020 but mine would be
2020 Idaho and Colorado
2021 Wyoming
2022 Texas and Oklahoma
2023 Montana
2024 kansas, nebraska, and the Dakotas
2025 louisiana, arkansas, missouri, iowa, and minnesota
2026 mississippi, Alabama, georgia, and Florida
2027 tennessee, carolinas, kentucky, virginia, and illinois
2028 wisconsin, michigan, pennsylvania, indiana, ohio, west virginia, d.c, maryland, and delaware
2029 all of new england
Take it with a grain of salt nothing is 100% sure
flight50

#915 Post by flight50 » 15 Sep 2020 19:30

Your 2021, 2022 and 2023 are more than likely off. At least I seriously hope they are. One map for 2021 and 2023? Those are some very very wide open states once you pass I-15 and I-25. Minimum mountains and lots of open flatter plains. It won't take much to map those. Wyoming and Montana will be quite easier to map than the previous.

2025 and 2026 we'd need 4 or more map teams by then to pull off what you are asking. We start compact cities and denser roads by then. But 2025 and beyond, you are probably over optimistic without more manpower You are asking for a lot. The US more than likely would go to at least to 2030 or beyond.

Even with Colorado off the board for this year, we still won't even have 1/3 of the country done. Early 2022 after Xmas, yeah we might just be at 1/3 of the US by then. Whether that is with Tx or with Montana, its the 2021 maps that will add that stat.
leo.arevalo12ss

#916 Post by leo.arevalo12ss » 15 Sep 2020 20:21

The reason why there is only one map dlc for 2021 is because of the hints that we've been getting about a small one and a large one and some think it's Wyoming and Texas and if that's true then it could be Wyoming to fill in the time given how Texas is huge so it could take about a year to complete but it's only speculation in the end
Last edited by supersobes on 15 Sep 2020 20:32, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed quote [Forum rule 2.12]
supersobes
Global moderator

#917 Post by supersobes » 15 Sep 2020 20:32

leo.arevalo12ss wrote: 15 Sep 2020 17:27 2028 wisconsin, michigan, pennsylvania, indiana, ohio, west virginia, d.c, maryland, and delaware
I think you're really underestimating many of these states. They may be smaller by land area, but the have more roads and cities than the states in the West. If I've done my math correctly, all of these states and territories that you listed here have a combined total road miles of just under 1.38 million road miles; that's a little bit more than twice the amount of roads that Texas has at 1.36 million road miles. (Source: This table lists all 50 states and Washington , DC, citing data from a 2017 USDOT FHWA study). Along with the amount of roads, this area encompasses many large cities and metropolitan areas such as Detroit, Indianapolis, Cleveland, Columbus, Pittsburgh, Philadelphia, Baltimore, and Washington. I think those cities should be dealt with one at a time to make them special, the same way that SCS has focused on cities like Albuquerque, Portland, Seattle, Salt Lake City, and Boise. Most of those states have very different economies, environments, and cultures too. Those are elements that SCS tries to capture and bring to life in the game world. Having so many states in different regions in development at the same time seems like it would be counterproductive to that goal. In my opinion, there's just no way that releasing so many vastly different states in one year can be realistically done.
flight50

#918 Post by flight50 » 15 Sep 2020 20:45

Wyoming will not take a year to build though. So more could go over to help Texas if Texas is the Winter 2021 map. I understand your thinking though if Texas goes beyond next year if its announced. But if any state comes by itself, it would be Texas and that would be all we got in 2021. But they started it last Jan/Feb in 2019. Reference...Pavel. Summer of 2019 he noted that he put one guy on it for the past 6 months. Fast foward to today and Texas has work for more than a year. Come Jan/Feb of 2021, that is 2 years. So if it came Oct/Nov 2021, Wyoming can still be the Summer map if SCS has a total of 25-35 mappers now. They should have that 3rd map team in place now since they started Jan/Feb of 2019 as well.

If Texas is the 2021 winter map, Texas would have been in development for almost 2.5-3 years. That should be plenty of time. Even Montana could come Winter 2021 and Texas gets even more time. If Texas went to 2022, still another state can come with it. I think ATS is done with 1 state a year...........forever. We should never see that again if they play their cards right.

I totally agree with supersobes though. Especially on the cities he named. No way SCS rolls thru those. Iirc, on the Washington stream awhile back, Patrik said that it took 3-4 months...or was it 4-5 months just on Seattle alone. The MidWest and the East is loaded with Seattle's. Some will be like 1.5-2x the size of Boise as we might get to drive thru them but that's a big might. The East is no joke and even with SCS re-scaling the game, I bet they are still trying to figure out if they can get it to work or if they scaled it enough. It would have been better scaling the US to 1:16-1:17. Europe might be compact, but it is not US East coast compact. Eastern US is huge city, huge buildings, huge high rises, tons of mid rises, huge homes. Add in mountains and tons of green vegetation and huge busy road networks and you're in trouble. Think of the East coast like Istanbul in ETS2. Most European cities are not like Istabul. Istabul is the perfect example of what US cities are like but tons more of them all over.
leo.arevalo12ss

#919 Post by leo.arevalo12ss » 15 Sep 2020 21:22

@flight50 and @supersobes I'll admit I did underestimate the eastern cities in america and you guys have a point when it comes to making these cities as realistic and as detailed as possible because Detroit and all those eastern cities are gonna be massive and I'd rather have them take longer and have them detailed than having them done quicker with lower quality
flight50

#920 Post by flight50 » 15 Sep 2020 21:42

I honestly don't think we have to worry about lower quality anywhere. I just think they will cut corners if need be. More stuff gets cut out, not degrade in quality. They still have a standard to meet. They could plan on this and that in the beginning but as things get down to the wire, they could have to make cuts to keep to the Summer (June/July) and Winter (Oct/Nov) production schedule so that it doesn't throw the next dlc off track. Imho, its better to do a pencils down and eliminate things when needed than to lower quality. They can always come back in later and add (x) road or even (x) mapped city.

I know some don't think cutting anything is good to bring in later in an update. But we get added roads all the time anyways. In most cases, those roads are either cut out roads or demands from fans. The saying I always say is we got speed, quality and quantity. Pick 2 of the 3. You can never get all 3 without sacrificing somewhere else.

Return to “General discussion about the game”