Wishlists Megathread

Phantom19

Re: Wishlists Megathread

#3241 Post by Phantom19 » 16 Jul 2020 08:14

I think they should add more than one delivery music in ATS,ETS2 has 2,but ATS has 1 only.
Trucker_71

#3242 Post by Trucker_71 » 16 Jul 2020 14:36

Delivery music? I've never heard delivery music, in real life or virtual, strange! lol
flight50

#3243 Post by flight50 » 16 Jul 2020 14:51

Delivery music as in when you are within 1 hr from being late. It is annoying but luckily, Fmod allows you to turn in down.
rookie_one

#3244 Post by rookie_one » 16 Jul 2020 22:46

To add to the list : Kickdown switch simulation for economy and normal power mode for the adaptative transmission (either normally, or through an activable option, which would also simulate the fact that many fleet trucks have the kickdown switch removed)

See this video to see the difference between the two :
https://youtu.be/FxTOvnJ0Jkg?t=155
Engine and Transmission compilation mod : here
Scout515

#3245 Post by Scout515 » 17 Jul 2020 05:04

I've only seen this matter addressed one other time in these forums, so... Relatively new guy here to ATS, but I've put several thousand miles on the game, and I'm quite impressed for the most part. Most roads aren't exact to the prototype roads obviously, but the feeling of those roads are areas has been very well captured, so well done. One thing I've noticed that's missing though is something that, for anyone that regularly drives over the road in the US, is quite a common sight: what i call "mileage signs" or "miles to go signs".

In all the ATS driving I've done thus far, when out on the open interstates, I've not seen one of these signs, and honestly, it does affect immersion because these are ubiquitous in the states. I've attached a few semi-random examples from images on Google search for you. I would imagine these would be easily implemented as they're only scenery items along roadways and not interactive. The only thing would be placing the signs in the worldspace, and then giving them in-game mileage numbers from the signs to the destinations.

I'd be very appreciative if you'd consider these additions. Otherwise, great sim, very enjoyable. Keep up the good work.
Attachments
M2G Sign 3 I5.jpg
M2G Sign 2 HWY199.jpg
M2G Sign 1 I40.jpg
averyc2506

#3246 Post by averyc2506 » 17 Jul 2020 05:56

@Scout515 the only one i can think of off the top of my head is going south on the 15 in ogden, under an overpass says "salt lake 31" but yes, i do agree that they should add more of these !!
I make concept maps sometimes:
California
Louisiana
flight50

#3247 Post by flight50 » 17 Jul 2020 06:25

The Sierra Nevada mod adds these mileage marker signs. It definitely a nice touch. I do remember us debating about it on here though. The summary was, do you go for immersion or do you go for realism. Because @1:20 scale, the realism part is next to impossible. But immersion, most definitely add them. I am sure if natvander can squeeze in another sign to account for, he will.
supersobes
Global moderator

#3248 Post by supersobes » 17 Jul 2020 13:57

I've tried to make distance mileage signs in the map editor with the current signs, but I just could not find a way to properly format it with the exception of the small one line sign that allows you to put one city. I think the real limitation here is that the asset team has not made a sign or sign template suitable for this type of sign yet.
Tails

#3249 Post by Tails » 17 Jul 2020 15:37

Adding potatoes to World of trucks external contracts since world of trucks lacks this cargo type

adding bulk feeder trailer and hopper trailer to world of trucks contracts since there is some developer oversight that does not seem to show these trailers in world of trucks contracts.
like to explore new areas of maps for both ATS and ETS2.

WOT profile https://worldoftrucks.com/en/profile/4885036
flight50

#3250 Post by flight50 » 17 Jul 2020 16:44

At supersobes that is more than likely it. Reforma has a 2 or three liner for Sierra Nevada. They know the editor a bit better though :D . But I am sure natvander is fully capable of doing it for SCS. Its a matter of, do they do it or leave it alone. That is a lot of roads and extra work. But if they are going to do it, better do it now while ATS is small. As the map keeps growing, it puts things that much further behind.

I think the ATS mappers just need to learn the signage better and not leave it all on natvander. If they can at least place a sign that has xxxxxx on it or something, that leaves a red flag for someone internally testing to come back thru and polish it with correct info. Designers are using Google maps and signs are indicated on these map. Drop it in as you go and polish later. If natvander is having to drop them in and correct them, that get ways more time consuming. Now if that's the way he prefers it, then that's a different story.

Return to “Feature Wishlist and Suggestions”