Boeing73FLY's Enhanced Driving XPerience 2.0 (US) [1.47, 2023 JUN 26]

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check the Forum Rules.
Boeing73FLY

Re: B73FLY's EDXP-US [1.36] (24 Nov 2019) -- No more downloads from file sharing website

#121 Post by Boeing73FLY » 24 Nov 2019 08:41

UPDATE 24 Nov: Some bug fixes have been made.

Full changelog:

Code: Select all

- Reworked trailer weights for LCV traffic
- Fixed paint job for "Pink Ribbon" (traffic) trailer
The mod should be updated automatically through Workshop.
MY ESSENTIAL MOD FOR REALISM

Enhanced Driving XPerience (EDXP) 2.0 + Addons for ATS (1.47) / ETS2 (1.47)
Boeing73FLY

Re: B73FLY's EDXP-US [1.36] (24 Nov 2019) -- Fresh start/Next update after 1.37 release

#122 Post by Boeing73FLY » 31 Mar 2020 17:46

Sooo...yeah. I'm here. I'm not dead. I've been lingering in the IRL world for the majority of my time now.

As some of you may have already noticed from following the SCS blog, 1.37 will deliver extensive changes to the sounds in-game. SCS is switching to FMOD, and I quite like what that sound engine does to many existing games out there using it. I know I am going to be working my butt off in converting any existing sounds to the new format, but that's okay. I will try to make it work as I go through these unexpected turn of IRL events. Due to the COVID-19 outbreak, I am now under a 'stay-at-home' order in the state of Arizona, where I am studying. All of my classes were moved to online a couple weeks ago, and it has been really hard to adjust for some classes (especially math). But from what I've been doing lately, I have more time for video games. But I'm not going to let that be a priority over my studies. So with all of that being said, I'm planning to give myself a fresh start to this mod. There will not be an update until after 1.37 is released.

What should you expect me to do with this mod for the 1.37 update?
- A fresh start for this mod: I am going to re-do all of the work I have done. I will also start using a different version naming convention. If it's designed for game version 1.37, the mod version will display 1.37.# , with # being the revision number. This should make any mod user know that the mod will work for the specified game version. As usual, the mod will no longer work for any game version before 1.37.
- As of this post, I have a new computer. I managed to install several programs essential for modding ETS2 and ATS. So at least I will be able to get to work by the time the game update releases officially...out of beta.
- Real life issues will still hinder on my future work, so I will not set any exact release dates from this point forward. My mod will be ready when it is ready.

Well, that's about it for now. I hope you all are well and staying as healthy as possible wherever you are. Please, for the love of God, stay home. I care about every single one of you, even if we have not talked. We are all in this, TOGETHER. Big love to all of you!

Boeing73FLY

Re: Boeing73FLY's Enhanced Driving XPerience 2.0 (US) [1.37, 2020 MAY 19]

#123 Post by Boeing73FLY » 19 May 2020 22:59

There is a new title of this mod. It has been renamed to "Enhanced Driving XPerience" to better reference the acronym. And with that, version 'TWO POINT OH' is out now for ATS version 1.37! The mod version appropriately displays the corresponding version of the game, and this is how I intend to proceed on updates from here on out.

The mod should automatically be updated for you on Workshop. Welcome to the FMOD era! Remember that from here on out the mod is working between 1.37 and the future versions of the game. I still need to learn myself FMOD, so there will not be any sound modifications from this mod at least for now. The original purpose of the mod is kept faithfully. Safe travels, everyone!

Keep in mind that the Snow Sounds Edition of this mod is still REQUIRED, but Rain Sounds Edition should ONLY be enabled because I have not updated the Snow Sounds Edition, and that will not be done until some time closer to Winter 2021.

Boeing73FLY

Re: Boeing73FLY's Enhanced Driving XPerience 2.0 (US) [1.38, 2020 JUL 19]

#124 Post by Boeing73FLY » 19 Jul 2020 15:15

UPDATE! The base mod as well as the addons are now compatible with patch 1.38. Enjoy your Enhanced Driving XPerience! The changelog is as follows...

2020 JUL 19 (1.38.1)
--------------------
- COMPATIBILITY UPDATE 1.38
  - Changed rim appearance of some AI trucks.
    - NOTE: Appearance may be different from a far distance. (I have no expertise on fixing this as it deals with LOD's.)
  - Changed engine power of some AI trucks.
  - Re-balanced AI truck spawning between model types...
    - Day Cab models (x0.5)
    - Mid-roof models (x1.0)
    - High-roof models (x2.0)
  - The following AI trucks have reduced spawn rates...
    - International: Lonestar
    - Kenworth: W900
    - Peterbilt: 389
  - Added more variety of AI trucks to double trailers.
    - Added more variety of trailers in traffic. Specifically...
    - Dry Van: Double
  - Maximum speeds of railroad vehicles reworked...
    - Passenger trains: 79 MPH
    - Freight trains: 59 MPH

2020 JUL 19 (1.37.2)
--------------------
- SMALL FIX FOR 1.37
  - AI trucks now spawn with a Rocky Mountain Double trailer combination in Washington

Shyfty221

#125 Post by Shyfty221 » 19 Jul 2020 17:11

Can someone tell me the main difference between this mod and Cips traffic density mod?

Just reduced spawn rate or something more?

Thanks
Boeing73FLY

#126 Post by Boeing73FLY » 20 Jul 2020 02:13

@Shyfty221 The traffic density enhancements in my mod only modifies what is currently included in the base game. cip adds more to the traffic spawning in his mod. Consider mine a 'lite' version of his mod as I have only taken a snippet of his code and applied it to my mod (with his request, of course).

Shyfty221

#127 Post by Shyfty221 » 20 Jul 2020 05:52

@Boeing73FLY
Ahh OK, thanks for the explanation!
Boeing73FLY

Re: Boeing73FLY's Enhanced Driving XPerience 2.0 (US) [1.38, 2020 JUL 27]

#128 Post by Boeing73FLY » 27 Jul 2020 16:24

UPDATE 27 Jul: New stuff has been added!

Full changelog:

- Added truck traffic with a limited speed of 65 MPH to simulate 'World of Trucks' traffic.
- Added more variety of semi trailers into traffic, including...
  - Flatbed (plus Sliding Tarp).
- Added more variety of Combination Vehicles (CV) into traffic, including...
  - Rocky Mountain Doubles.
  - Triples.
- Corrected cargo weights for some trailers in traffic. They were originally overweight!
- Flashing yellow and red lights tweaked in certain areas.

The Dude

Re: Boeing73FLY's Enhanced Driving XPerience 2.0 (US) [1.38, 2020 JUL 27]

#129 Post by The Dude » 27 Jul 2020 22:48

Thanks for the update.
"Gamers Are Not Beta Testers"
Boeing73FLY

Re: Boeing73FLY's Enhanced Driving XPerience 2.0 (US) [1.38, 2020 AUG 2]

#130 Post by Boeing73FLY » 02 Aug 2020 18:25

UPDATE 2 Aug: Traffic signals are the focus items on this small update. The five-sided intersection in Twin Falls, Idaho, for example is tweaked to have longer green lights now. I am still working on adjusting other traffic signal timings, particularly T-intersections. I plan to have the left-turn and the straight-thru traffic lights turn green at the same time on one side (with the opposite traffic still held by a red light), which was the way it was when this mod first came about for ATS. Faithful EDXP users might remember what it was like before.

Full changelog:

- Tweaked traffic signal timings, particularly those with protected left turns.
  - Longer green light times, and extended yellow light times in some intersections.
  - NOTE: Some traffic signal timings are still WIP. Always drive on with caution when driving through ANY controlled intersection.
- STAA Double trailers in traffic appear more frequently.

Return to “Others”