[REL] ProMods: Canada v1.2.4 updates and discussion

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check the Forum Rules.
flight50

Re: [WIP] ProMods: Canada version 1.x updates and discussion

#741 Post by flight50 » 20 Jul 2020 15:13

Alky, the post before yours got a bit heated and nasty. The moderators had to remove both associated post. Your pics clearly states the direction and the proper lanes. But honestly from seeing what Fisherjb and Bricksathome are saying, to me it looks like they have done exactly as you have posted so you guys are saying the same thing actually. Perhaps its the direction and angle you are viewing it. Basically they are looking at the border crossing from the Northbound lane, looking South at the border against the flow of traffic. Honestly I think the best way for ProMods to show everything is to do a wider view, but this is what I don't think they are ready to show off just yet. But I think your words are what they have done.

I actually like this non straight thru path everyone is posting about. It seems like it will make us work to get thru the border. The major difference I see from ProMods and real life are the buildings themselves. I think they are trying to get something as close as possible with the limitations of the assets they have considering they don't have a 3d modeler for custom assets. It will be years before SCS models that exact building. Once they do, I am sure ProMods will swap out that asset and rework the scene according. Maybe even strip back their road a bit and let SCS take over that area.
Trucker_71

#742 Post by Trucker_71 » 20 Jul 2020 15:42

Fisherjb's original pic is from the southbound side far beyond where the truck route turn-off is. So he's showing a preview where trucks are't allowed. On the Google map you'll see that after the right turn on 4th ave., there's a left that takes you to truck parking so you can go see the customs broker to clear your load. In his second Google image, his green line is actually the northbound side for cars, if you look left you'll see a line up of cars going south. His concept of where traffic goes is wrong. I've crossed there hundreds of times!
flight50

#743 Post by flight50 » 20 Jul 2020 15:47

The railroad tracks in only on one side of the border correct, the Canadian side. That's the dead give away. Then I looked at the side of the road the crossing gate was on. It was on the Northbound lane as it was placed behind the railroad in his first pic. For the direction he is looking, the actual crossing gate was the only way I was able to figure out what crossing that was as well as the direction. I keyed in on the railroad track and the placement of the crossing gate itself.

If he was looking South, the gate would be on the front side of the railroad (closest to our eye).

Southbound crossing gates are closer to our eye, on the front side of the tracks
https://www.google.com/maps/@49.0040025 ... 6656?hl=en

North bound gates are further from our eye, on the back side of the tracks
https://www.google.com/maps/@49.0035996 ... 6656?hl=en

The highlighted in this pic is the glowing green border check for trucks it looks like. This is the North bound side correct? Its the buildings that are throwing you off.
[ external image ]

Here is the real life view at the railroad crossing. The red arrow is Fisherjb's camera angle. This is the Northbound side. The blue arrow is the Southbound side. His view doesn't show the Southbound lane.
[ external image ]
Trucker_71

#744 Post by Trucker_71 » 20 Jul 2020 16:08

He showed where he took the shot from in a previous post, (viewtopic.php?p=1389967#p1389967) it's on the Canadian side and it's a no trucks area!

Game-wise they'd be better off doing the crossing at the Aldergrove border crossing, it's a simple straight shot from Bellingham right to the Trans-Canada Hwy. and the border crossing itself is a straight through affair, no twists and turns. Google Aldergrove and go south. I have to go out so I have no time.
flight50

#745 Post by flight50 » 20 Jul 2020 16:12

This entry. I think I remember you correcting me once saying trucks didn't enter off I-5, they used the one off Stae Rd 543. I think they are doing this one as well actually. I thought this one was the biggest entry. This one is definitely straight thru going into Canada. But Southbound........oh yeah, I like that Southbound. We get to go thru twist and turns then.
Travismods

#746 Post by Travismods » 20 Jul 2020 16:30

Just watching this discussion of the nitty gritty details, it's clear to me, just wow my jaw drop at the lengths you guys at ProMods go to make your mods realistic :shock:

There will always be compromises and little inaccuracies, of course, but dear god, you are doing the lords work with such realistic mapping. Let's hope we can actually play this one day, what you have shown looks flawless. This is going to be the best ATS map for years to come. Praying for this to release within this year :mrgreen:
fisherjb

#747 Post by fisherjb » 20 Jul 2020 16:56

@Trucker_71 and @flight50 I'm gonna make an end on this discussion. It seems like we are debating about a none issue here. So I have taken screenshots at topview from the border in the editor (while I can't share 3d pictures because of missing signs).

Ingame border: [ external image ]

Real life: [ external image ]

Now with the supposed truck routes: [ external image ] [ external image ]

Looking at the pictures you can clearly see that we are debating about a none issue, we both agree with eachother without knowing it. Comparing 1:1 is dangerous because of scale and proportion issues you can see now very clear. Some parts had to be cut down, So could Sumas itself not been bigger and the rest area had to go too. But besides that we think we have made it real enough. The essentials are there at least, and it's with working AI!

I hope this solves the discussion.
Greetings
Grand Canyon Rebuild: viewtopic.php?f=194&t=281638

Promods developer of:

- Elbasan :flag_al:
- E-871 :flag_bg: :flag_mk:
- Abbotsford :flag_ca:
- A10 :flag_at:
dault3883

#748 Post by dault3883 » 20 Jul 2020 17:21

glad thats settled good work Promods members its looking good i cant wait but take your time
Intel Core i7 10700K, Ram: G.Skill 64GB DDR4 3600, windows 11 bit OPS, MSI 3070TI Suprim X, MSI Z590 carbon Mb, EVGA 1000W power supply
flight50

#749 Post by flight50 » 20 Jul 2020 17:30

I think that justifies everything. Looks great @fisherjb. Its going to be fun border crossing. I like that its not a straight thru but I think you are right that we are all saying the same thing. Seeing both in overall view tells the story.
Trucker_71

#750 Post by Trucker_71 » 20 Jul 2020 17:32

Aldergrove would be much easier and far less work for the Promods team. ;)

Return to “Maps”