Wishlists Megathread

SmokeyWolf

Re: Wishlists Megathread

#3261 Post by SmokeyWolf » 23 Jul 2020 00:49

Not all oversize loads require both flags and signs. Most just signs only.
Alex151175

#3262 Post by Alex151175 » 24 Jul 2020 19:57

SCS Request - Drawing Distance & Pop-in Scenery

I know this is a problem known to all but I’d like to make a request to SCS.
I am an ETS2 and ATS user from the beginning of both games. I have all the DLCs. I just bought Idaho and I’m sorry, but even though
every DLC has graphics breakthroughs and improvements, the distance objects pop-in issue remains desperate.

I know it’s a well-known theme, that the engine of the game is what it is, etc... But isn’t there a possible solution?
I understand that SCS is a modest team of people and that it requires a lot of work and is difficult.
But it is certainly a pity that such a beautiful game is still affected by this problem.

I'm lucky to have a high-end PC, and since it was switched to DX11 and with all the graphics settings at maximum, I have almost fixed 60fps.
This was an important and necessary improvement and really appreciated.
But the pop-in trucks, mountains and signs out of the blue... removes all immersion from what could be a wonderful experience.

I think a large number of users will agree with me that SCS would do well to take a break from creating new DLCs and devote all of its efforts to try to mitigate this big problem, which I’m sure would make many people happy :roll:

Sorry, but English it's not my mother language...
KrysEmlyn

#3263 Post by KrysEmlyn » 25 Jul 2020 17:06

I would like to make a material/sound request. As of late, we have gotten some nice bridge models that feature a metal grid for the road surface, such as that one bridge on WA-20 in Washington State.
Driving over them, they sound as if the roadway is made out of pavement, like every other road segment near them. I can set the material to "rumble_stripe" in Blender, but it still doesn't sound right.
I would like to ask for a material to be added to the "material.db" file called "metal_grid" which would behave like a rumble strip, but have the appropriate metallic sound of tires going over it.
In addition to being used for bridges with metal grids, I would expect this to also be used for other things such as the driveable surface of cattle grates and for metal storm/sewer drains that have slotted holes in them.
harishw8r

#3264 Post by harishw8r » 26 Jul 2020 17:10

I would like to see my drivers on road. From the map, I got to know that I overtook one of my drivers and that's no close to realism. I remember people saying this feature existed in one of the 18 WoS games. Hoping to see this in ATS too.
tr7 Vzla

#3265 Post by tr7 Vzla » 26 Jul 2020 17:28

Hi guys, someone know how to make the ai drivers faster?
flight50

#3266 Post by flight50 » 26 Jul 2020 19:00

^Traffic mods. You can always go in a tweak them to your liking. Cip has a pretty good traffic mod that I like us when I do use traffic mods.
tr7 Vzla

#3267 Post by tr7 Vzla » 26 Jul 2020 19:45

Sorry, i meant the hired drivers, sometimes i feel that they're too slow 😅

Double Post Merged

And if i wish Something of Scs Software, is that they give some rework of the old Iveco Stralis, man, that truck looks like imported from a ETS 1... Always that i drive it i switch the interior with codes with the Hi-Way
Last edited by supersobes on 27 Jul 2020 00:06, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Double post merged [Forum rule 2.5]
rocknrollDaVE
Beta tester

#3268 Post by rocknrollDaVE » 28 Jul 2020 08:34

harishw8r wrote: 26 Jul 2020 17:10 I would like to see my drivers on road. From the map, I got to know that I overtook one of my drivers and that's no close to realism. I remember people saying this feature existed in one of the 18 WoS games. Hoping to see this in ATS too.
this feature existed in 18 WoS Petal the the Metal and the only reason you could see your drivers on the road was because every AI truck in the game functioned like a player which meant that there were only like 20 trucks on the entire map that were generated when your profile was generated. and you would be able to hire those drivers and change their truck and what not.

now i did make a mod for 18 WoS PttM to expand it to 150 drivers and because of the absolutely tiny map scale it did make seeing truck more normal but seriously bogged down the loading times to spawn in each truck.
I'm on a mission to ensure the city of Pittsburgh is accurately represented in ATS.
◇ Link to World of Trucks profile below ◇

[ external image ]
flight50

#3269 Post by flight50 » 28 Jul 2020 13:34

Yeah I remember SCS commenting about hired drivers a little while back. At the time, the game didn't track drivers. We can now see them on the map but not on the road. So they might be getting a tad closer to tracking on the road itself. The biggest issue I see is the massive amount of drivers we can hire. Most pc's can't handle this I am sure. Or if SCS does bring this, there is a cap number that the game can spawn in (x) amount of square miles/km.
Vinnie Terranova

#3270 Post by Vinnie Terranova » 28 Jul 2020 14:09

Guess what: in ETS2 a few days ago I fired all of the hired drivers I had (200+), I sold all trucks, except for one exemplar of each of the default SCS trucks for mod testing purpose, and I sold all garages, except for a few scattered all over Europe for easy fast travel. I don't need those drivers with 3 billion euro in my bank account. Probably I'm gonna do the same in ATS.
And in the case I need more money, I can easily activate my cheat mod anyway. :-D
With that cheat mod in my mind, what's the point of having hired drivers anyway? I guess it's fun for vanilla players who just started a new profile.

Return to “Feature Wishlist and Suggestions”