ETS2 1.39 Speculation Thread

kimmer

Re: ETS2 1.39 Speculation Thread

#421 Post by kimmer » 25 Jul 2020 14:32

Some newbie driver wrote: 25 Jul 2020 10:39 Let's hope 1.39 brings us more graphic changes (for example, the very necessary AA, so finally we can dump scaling and mix it nicely with new SSAO without boil our graphic card). And probably Lyon rebuilt (as a little stretch of Lyon street change slipped into 1.38, we know for sure it's near). And more improvements on the FMOD mixes (or the spatial sound fixing). Anything else will be an extra.
@Some newbie driver
You object to everything that is said, and you want it. Well, what do we say.

@JD6
I want to trust your hunches. I hope we can see something new except makeup.

@mackintosh
We are talking about the game and game quality. But some of you are bringing the business to the level of questioning SCS. Neither you nor I work in the accounting department of SCS. The payments made by SCS, the earnings of SCS, how many people are employed are only urban legends.
The truth is that SCS has done a lot of work so far. He had a very good community of players. I am also happy to be in this community. However, there is a tremendous change in the game world and SCS should not delay keeping up with it. This is the focus of criticism. People do not criticize badly, they make suggestions. But the "applause team" disconnects the business from its essence and turns these suggestions into discussion.
Some criticism may seem a bit sharp at this point. But these criticisms are made in good faith. For myself, I want these games that I have played for years to keep up with today's game age.
For this, I do not want anyone outside SCS to produce absurd excuses.
Youtube for combo maps : https://goo.gl/rycr7c
Facebook : https://goo.gl/Ks3RLa
Some newbie driver

#422 Post by Some newbie driver » 25 Jul 2020 15:00

JD6 wrote: 25 Jul 2020 14:25The scale has nothing to do with features and you're confusing functional story driven open world game maps with building ETS2 maps that are made by a single dude at home even, so I got nothing to further add, except LOL.
The scale (I don't mean the 1:19, but the size) of the game world has a lot to do in here. It directly links to the amount of work you need to do to create and maintain that world. You said there's very small companies that achieved way better visuals than SCS; of course, none of them had to fund at the same time the creation of such vast scenarios as the ones we play in neither created those games 12 years back in time. So they can spend their funds paying a license of an already done shiny graphic engine that had all the recent technologies on it and just build over it its smaller game.

And if the size of the game world is reduced enough, there's less problems and costs in rebuilt it from scratch every a few years so you could relaunch a new version of the game including all the new shinny visual features appeared. When you have to do that to a game world that is vast as SCS ones are or even bigger, you DON'T do that unless you have a ridiculous amount of money to fund it. Because the cost of that process are enormous.

That's why you was wrong when comparing SCS releases with very little companies achieving very good graphics. It was just pointless and wrong because you are comparing two absolutely different things that have in common just one: to be video games.. All that kind of comparison people use to do in those kind of conversations are reductions and simplifications to the absurd; and that's why they are all absurd in themselves. So, LOL as much you want, you still have no idea about what you are talking about and your comparisons doesn't serve you to be right in nothing that you claimed.

Regards
FlyingPigeon

#423 Post by FlyingPigeon » 25 Jul 2020 15:10

Its clear that in Your mind anything that dont come from Your Own mouth and is written by yourself is labeled absurd by you... You act the same everytime something are discussed in here..
Scandinavian truckdriver.
Some newbie driver

#424 Post by Some newbie driver » 25 Jul 2020 15:24

An oversimplification of comparing two games just on their visuals, as if they weren't thousands of other parameters to take into account, as if the world would be so easy as to say "if that games does that thing you should do it too" is the very definition of the concept "reduction to the absurd". If you like it or not I couldn't care less; as like of anything else you write. And if you doesn't know what concept is that, I suggest you to take a dictionary and learn something useful, for a change.
natjer3

#425 Post by natjer3 » 25 Jul 2020 20:38

In my opinion, SCS should focus on improvements and rebuilding the old map not new maps. Then (as we say in Maltese) the red carpet will have been laid to bring in more map DLCs. IMO I would not mind stopping production of new map DLCs to finish all the improvements of the old map. If you want to add more to the base game, make sure that you have strong foundations in the first place.
CapitolLimited

#426 Post by CapitolLimited » 25 Jul 2020 20:43

I think that if SCS decides to do a major overhaul with the graphics engine or use Unity, Unreal Engine, or another existing platform, it would be in the form of a separate product like what Dovetail is doing. Dovetail is managing fine with two products, so no reason why SCS cannot do the same. Might not be what people want to hear, but I think that's the best path moving forward.
xXCARL1992Xx

#427 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 25 Jul 2020 20:59

Last edited by xXCARL1992Xx on 25 Jul 2020 21:10, edited 4 times in total.
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
supersobes
Global moderator

#428 Post by supersobes » 25 Jul 2020 21:02

Several posts were split from this thread. Please refrain from insults and personal attacks against other users. If you disagree with something that is written, you should write your disagreement about what was written, not about the user who wrote it. Addionally, please keep the topic of this thread about specululation for Euro Truck Simulator 2 version 1.39.
astrovox

#429 Post by astrovox » 25 Jul 2020 21:56

who still plays ets 2 ? a game who has 2013 graphics? we are on 2020 people
gandalf7472000

#430 Post by gandalf7472000 » 25 Jul 2020 22:14

There are naive questions, tedious questions, ill-phrased questions, questions put after inadequate self-criticism. But every question is a cry to understand the world. There is no such thing as a dumb question.

Carl Sagan

Return to “General discussion about the game”