Ekeri Tandem trailers ADDON by Kast(13.05.22)

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check the Forum Rules.
SETrucker

Re: Ekeri Tandem trailers ADDON by Kast(04.07.20)

#651 Post by SETrucker » 22 Jul 2020 06:09

@kast

Can you make "Ekeri trailers Addon" get a longer drawbar ?, the short drawbar does not fit all trucks for BDF Tandem ...

Or make a mod that fixes it or is there already one?
YouTube channel for Euro Truck Simulator 2:
Follow my different missions on my channel https://youtube.com/channel/UC0ASSqpFaNfS9vBYW4nqhrQ
New 2 video every dag!!

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X 16-Core Processor 3.4-4.9 GHz
MrCapital

#652 Post by MrCapital » 23 Jul 2020 01:39

Jesus Christ. I think you have broken the record of nagging on this forum. I just say good luck to you getting any modder to make anything you wish for with this approach.
[ external image ]
- retired modder - do not disturb -
SETrucker

Re: Ekeri Tandem trailers ADDON by Kast(05.05.20)

#653 Post by SETrucker » 23 Jul 2020 05:52

m1keY wrote: 14 May 2020 20:30
To remove missing accessories:
Save game
Type "g_remove_missing_accessories 1" in console
Reload the save
Where do I go somewhere to enter this so it works in Config it is not included ...?
Follow my different missions on my channel https://youtube.com/channel/UC0ASSqpFaNfS9vBYW4nqhrQ
New 2 video every dag!!

Space_Night

#654 Post by Space_Night » 23 Jul 2020 17:14

By the way @Gutte72 i have pulled the long Ekeri trailers with the flemming BDF, it works (just dont take corners too tight), the Nordic trailers are designed to be pulled by Nordic prime movers, (which Flemming's BDF is not) - there is nothing wrong with Kast's trailers, they are built EXACTLY to Nordic specification down to the draw-length of a nordic truck as they are designed to be hauled by a rear-hitch truck where the hitch is at the extreme rear of the truck, Flemming V's "BDF" is modelled on a central European and UK-spec drawbar outfit so has a deeper hitch to bring the trailer closer to the truck, and is more designed around centre-bogie design trailers with additional drawbars added to cater for players who like to haul Nordic tandems. As such there is nothing wrong with Flemming V's BDF mod.

they are modelled on differing trucks for differing markets. (Nordic trucks do not come to Central and southern Europe because they are over dimension for the main part of the EU so stay in the Nordics.

plus having worked in the trailer industry, I can tell you through first hand experience, Drawbar and Tandem trucks are purchased as a set with the body, hitch and trailer being built as per customer specification, so a drawbar combination made by Schmitz Cargobull purchased by DB-Schenker may not be able to use a trailer made for a drawbar combination made by Krone purchased for XPO, especially if 1 was meant for centre axle trailers and the other for turntable drawbar trailers. (even trailers made by the same company for different customers can be radically different when they're drawbar SETS. We did some for a customer that supplied drinks cans to the beverage industry, 18.5m low deck, 4m high supercube trailers, we also did drawbar trailers for the NHS - the two were NOT interchangable)

Kast wont be extending the draw beam on his trailers due to the work involved in re-physicsing the model and rebuilding it,
Flemming wont be adding a shallow hitch, just as Kast won't be adding a deep hitch. (I have asked about this because of the close coupled ekeri trailer could have done with a deep hitch BDF style and the answer was "sorry, no" )
SETrucker

#655 Post by SETrucker » 23 Jul 2020 21:20

Okay..

May make sure not to take too hard curves should probably just remember it when driving ...

Someone wrote that there was an "Addon" somewhere that a throw had done once a long time ago with a longer drawbar or whoever it was ...
Last edited by Wolfi on 31 Jul 2020 06:28, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Quote removed, do not quote message directly above yours.
New 2 video every dag!!

Space_Night

#656 Post by Space_Night » 23 Jul 2020 21:30

I took one from Aberdeen to Glasgow behind Flemming's BDF. only issues i had was when I was in the yards trying to hitch up, but once rolling it was fine, and that was with a Thermo King on the front bulkhead. I personally would keep it to using Kasts full dolly trailer with Kasts rigids, and use only centre-axle type trailers with Flemming's mod if they are not made by Flemming.
Nick2332f

#657 Post by Nick2332f » 26 Jul 2020 18:43

maybe add on steam workshop?
Blackspots

#658 Post by Blackspots » 31 Jul 2020 14:58

@Gutte72 You can only enter that command in the console. (You must use Google search in order to find the instructions to enable the console, once its enabled, use ~ to activate it)
Author: C2C Eastern New Mexico, Texas, Oklahoma and Kansas improvments
ETS2 Map Combo: PM, Scandinavian Addon, RusMap, SR, The Great Steppe, PJ Indo Map
ATS Map Combo: Coast to Coast, CanaDream, Tonopah Reworked, US Expansion, Viva Mexico
chuckypetya

#659 Post by chuckypetya » 26 Sep 2020 10:27

@kast I really like this addon :) Can you help me with some problem? :) I want to skin the trailer, but i dont know which one is what i need to paint :) I have made some paint, and it appears on the trailer in the trailer browser, but i cant find it in the trailer dealer. So what am i doing wrong?
m1keY

#660 Post by m1keY » 26 Sep 2020 11:17

@chuckypetya sounds like you just replaced a .dds with your custom texture for the trailer ... the owned ones need a bit of work with the definitions

if you're new to this way of skinning I have some suggestions to check-out
viewtopic.php?f=36&t=270442&start=200

videos shows the Knapen, but it's the same way with any trailer ....
(here's the link which s below the video from that thread)

viewtopic.php?f=34&t=274650&p=1290871#p1290871

ekeri,knapen, kraker ...most of them are updated for the latest version of ModsStudio2 to be able to just click and compile your trailerskins....

Return to “Trailers”