Idaho Discussion Thread

GT182

Re: Idaho Discussion Thread

#4321 Post by GT182 » 27 Jul 2020 17:08

plykkegaard, you hit the nail on the head. It's distribution warehouses needed. And times for pickup and delivery. You can't go to pick up loads or deliver them any time you want. I've seen times from 7am to 8am for pickup and times fro 5pm to 6pm for delivery.... unless you make a "special" appointment. Many of these businesses only have a skeleton crew thru the night to set up out going loads. And after closing times at night you best be ready to sleep in their lot or a truckstop, because the night crew won't touch your load. Sadly this isn't taken into account in ATS either. And this has nothing to do with log books per say.... that's the driver's job of making it on time.
Gary - CB code name: CW
Formerly from Northern NY on the Ontario/Quebec borders.
I've hauled ass down the road to deliver new cars and trucks, fuel, freight, and produce. Now I'm addicted to ATS doing the same thing in a simulation. :roll:
plykkegaard

#4322 Post by plykkegaard » 27 Jul 2020 19:46

Could be interesting with coordinated schedule if you use own trailer :twisted:
With company trailers you just leave it on the stop, it should be fine
Same with quick jobs

This signature virus has been spliced with the Fundementalism-B virus to create a new more contagious strain. Please look for it infecting a signature near you.
flight50

#4323 Post by flight50 » 27 Jul 2020 21:58

If SCS added restricted hrs for owned trailers, I'd actually go back to them. I hope someday, we get specific delivery times. We definitely shouldn't be able to delivery 24/7.
kiwi claire

#4324 Post by kiwi claire » 29 Jul 2020 03:41

In game - steep down grades... have ' Trucks 35MPH ' speed limit signs.
Real world - they suggestions/recommendations or legal limits?
Game seems to ignore them. GPS truck speed limit shows 60 and that's the speed AI trucks do.

Mind you AI trucks ignore the 'Trucks must use left lane' and 'Trucks must use right lane' signs prior to weigh stations. They apply to all in real world or can be ignored with some sort of pass so make in game behaviour acceptable?
Tiger313

#4325 Post by Tiger313 » 29 Jul 2020 09:49

Claire makes a valid point there. It's something I'd like to see addressed, too. However, having seen many live streams of truckers, when they stick to the speed limits, there are plenty of super truckers out there who don't.
xyzan

#4326 Post by xyzan » 29 Jul 2020 09:55

flight50 wrote: 27 Jul 2020 21:58 If SCS added restricted hrs for owned trailers, I'd actually go back to them. I hope someday, we get specific delivery times. We definitely shouldn't be able to delivery 24/7.
I think it was in old 18WoS serries. I would love to see this feature in ETS/ATS
plykkegaard

#4327 Post by plykkegaard » 29 Jul 2020 10:44

kiwi claire wrote: 29 Jul 2020 03:41 In game - steep down grades... have ' Trucks 35MPH ' speed limit signs.
Real world - they suggestions/recommendations or legal limits?
Game seems to ignore them. GPS truck speed limit shows 60 and that's the speed AI trucks do.
If GPS says 60 in game and signage says 35 it's either a bug or just a suggested speed
What kind of sign do you see?

AI will always take GPS speed or max 65 though I have seen the AI speeding above 65, quite realistic but a bit surprising :D

This signature virus has been spliced with the Fundementalism-B virus to create a new more contagious strain. Please look for it infecting a signature near you.
xXCARL1992Xx

#4328 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 29 Jul 2020 10:46

yellow signs are a recommended speed trucks should use from what i know, they dont change the general speed limit, they advise you to drive slower
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
jarryed

#4329 Post by jarryed » 29 Jul 2020 13:58

On steep grades, especially with a residential area at the bottom of the grade a lot of trucks will be required to stop at the top of the grade. They would proceed and be speed restricted to the bottom. These are not recommended speeds.

This does not seem to be implemented into the game yet.

Here is what i'm referring in a visual reference: https://www.google.com/maps/@41.0696175 ... 312!8i6656
Speed for trucks going down the grade is 25mph.
You can never make a miserable person who complains about everything happy. They live by "If I can't be happy then no one can be happy."
flight50

#4330 Post by flight50 » 29 Jul 2020 14:50

Yellow signs means warning/caution. White signs are the posted/max speed limit. A funny thing is that some people try driving the posted speed limits no matter what the road conditions are. Then when the truck tips over, they say they drove the speed limit. Adjust your speed to the conditions not max out at the posted speed. Idaho does do a great job at banking roads though. SCS in general is getting better at it. Properly banked curves helps the truck stick to the road better but still, one must adjust speeds accordingly.

@jarryed, that's an interesting reference. I've never seen it before but I don't live near steep grades either. That would be cool to see in the game at least but without failures in the game, it probably won't be functional for us. It looks like that's a brake check or inspection pull over for truckers. I can see that asset coming though for where it applies.

Return to “General discussion about the game”