Colorado Discussion Thread

Xaagon

Re: Colorado Discussion Thread

#1081 Post by Xaagon » 30 Jul 2020 23:14

My personal guess is that Colorado gets released in November. I have no inside information and could be wrong. It seems that they have quite a bit done already, they've shown us pictures of some of the industries, the mountains and the plains - we haven't seen pictures of the cities yet.

Here's another question for the group: Colorado got announced before Idaho released. Do you think they'll announce the next state before Colorado gets published?
Skoot

#1082 Post by Skoot » 30 Jul 2020 23:29

They announced Idaho after Utah rolled out, so it's 50/50 for me. There was a talk somewhere on the forums that SCS benefits from us adding upcoming DLCs to wishlists - then, if it's true, Wyo or whatever drops in summer of 2021 can be announced in the end of August or early September.
Shiva

#1083 Post by Shiva » 30 Jul 2020 23:49

Skoot, next to the windtower part laying down, I think I see a spot for big deliveries?
2021 DCL announcement in aug or sept? I think it might come at year end? But I could be totally wrong.
NTM's B-Double Telescopic Skeletal Container Carrier. Youtube video on how it works. W & S thread.
B-Double trailer and short modes: EN 7.82 swap body, 20’ or 30’ containers.
Standalone 40' mode: EN 7.82 swap body, 20', 30', 40' or 2 x 20' trailer.
Marcello Julio

#1084 Post by Marcello Julio » 30 Jul 2020 23:53

Pavel said in the Idaho release stream they are trying to do their best to launch later this year, but due to the problems of COVID-19, it can be launched only in the next year.
Ludo Diabolo

#1085 Post by Ludo Diabolo » 30 Jul 2020 23:56

@Marcello Julio

what and the relationship with the Covid 19?? it seems to me that SCS reworked again has its seat and no more everyone at home?

In any case HERE in France the Covid19 and no more too much news they have moved to something else now the increase of the Taxes lol ...
ETS2:promods + Middle-East Add-On + TGS / ATS:promods Canada

SORRY MY ENGLISH, I'M FRENCH.
flight50

#1086 Post by flight50 » 31 Jul 2020 00:20

@Xaagon Well if there is still to much space between those two, maybe Colby, Oakley or WaKeeney gets in as small towns. Oakley all most splits the two in half. I'll take one. There's Blue Beacon truck stop with a truck wash, a feedlot, farming of course and even a small quarry North of town. It won't take much to make small towns in the Great Plain areas. I expect a lot of small towns until the Midwest kicks in. Oklahoma will have a few large towns but North of that, each states has only a hand full of larger cities. Those cities will more than likely get the Idaho treatment.
shadynsx wrote: 30 Jul 2020 21:11 New screenshot on Steam that hasn't been posted in the blog
Actually this pic looks like the prefab from a previous blog, just a different angle. You can see the same escavator and the same cranes in the same position.
[ external image ]

I will honestly say that I am a little concerned about the size of the components for the wind turbines....rotor, the generator, tower and the blades as cargo though. They seem a little undersized in comparison to real life counterpart comparing them to the truck and/or trailer itself. These components look like they fit on flatbed to me. I will just have to wait and see game footage I suppose.
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]

@Skoot Actually HH will fit imo. Depends on what you bring in. The rotor and the generator definitely fits on a HH though. The blade could go elsewhere or we don't get to haul it to this particular location. Mannnnn, I sure hope that crane itself is cargo though. Put that bad boy on a HH trailer and let us haul that too. Put the boom on flatbeds if broken up or if longer, put it on articulated trailers with pivot mounts. That is probably how the blades get transported. Put the operators compartment on lowboys. If you make a 3d model, maximize its use is the way i see it so all equipment used for props or part of a scene, it should also be cargo imo. There are several machines and props that can be cargo in ATS but isn't.

Remember on one of the last blogs, Nemiro stated that more complex prefabs are coming? One thing I am been mentioning prior to Idaho coming is the combination of several small prefabs to combine as one larger one to get multiple drop off points. In the above pic for example. The one in the foreground could be one small prefab. The one in the back ground can be another. Make a small dirt road or paved road in between them linking them together. Do that 3-4 more times in the same area and to us, its looks like one huge prefab. But in reality, SCS just linked several smaller ones together. I really hope to see something like this happen in several location around the map for both games. This idea is what I was hoping to see in the forest of Idaho. Its the size of New Jersey, yet we got one logging camp there off US-12. The concept of small prefabs I mentioned works well for logging camps, farms, oil/gas sites, mining, wind farms and now with today's ETS2 blogs, the energy industry.

Its the remote areas in the game that waste so much space. Now I am not saying to make all area filled, but there are places on the real map that are remote but don't exist in the game. Sometimes mods can fill this space but for people that don't use mods, they are don't get these areas. It would be good to get small fills ins from the devs from time to time in remote areas. We can never have too many deliver options.
Skoot

#1087 Post by Skoot » 31 Jul 2020 01:33

I hope they manage it that way and not like oilfields in Utah with their 1-2 active yards and other being there just for looks.
Tails

#1088 Post by Tails » 31 Jul 2020 02:27

its going to be fun to ship some wind turbine parts to and from these wind farms.:)

I find it more interesting that wind turbine tower base and nacelle fit on a low bed trailer in ETS2 without needing articulated trailers.
like to explore new areas of maps for both ATS and ETS2.

WOT profile https://worldoftrucks.com/en/profile/4885036
supersobes
Global moderator

#1089 Post by supersobes » 31 Jul 2020 02:29

Tails wrote: 31 Jul 2020 02:27 I find it more interesting that wind turbine tower base and nacelle fit on a low bed trailer in ETS2 without needing articulated trailers.
That's because SCS seriously underestimated the size of wind turbines when they made those trailers all those years ago the Scandinavia DLC. Hopefully SCS doesn't make the same mistake with the wind turbine cargoes in ATS for Colorado.
Marcello Julio

#1090 Post by Marcello Julio » 31 Jul 2020 02:49

LudoModding wrote: 30 Jul 2020 23:56 what and the relationship with the Covid 19?? it seems to me that SCS reworked again has its seat and no more everyone at home?

In any case HERE in France the Covid19 and no more too much news they have moved to something else now the increase of the Taxes lol ...
They didn't say anything officially in the last months, but I believe that a lot of developers are still working at home and only a few people from some departments that are considered very important that involve some material cannot leave the office, must be going to the studio.

Return to “General discussion about the game”