Idaho Discussion Thread

KnuteOle

Re: Idaho Discussion Thread

#4361 Post by KnuteOle » 31 Jul 2020 18:38

The Ketchum to Salmon drive is probably my favorite. Some day I'm hoping to do a Sandpoint to Salmon run.
Visit my World of Trucks profile and say hi!
https://worldoftrucks.com/en/profile/4918521
plykkegaard

#4362 Post by plykkegaard » 31 Jul 2020 18:58

Northen part is nice but the road layout seems a bit repetetive?

This signature virus has been spliced with the Fundementalism-B virus to create a new more contagious strain. Please look for it infecting a signature near you.
supersobes
Global moderator

#4363 Post by supersobes » 31 Jul 2020 19:01

The road layout is based on the road layout that exists in real-life. The roads weren't built to be unique and interesting; they were built to provide fast and efficient transportation of goods and people between populated areas. Because of that, yes, the roads are going to be repetitive in many areas.
Izmaragon

#4364 Post by Izmaragon » 31 Jul 2020 19:13

I wish to point out that from what I recall of the Lewiston Grade, particularly the old Lewiston Grade, I don't believe semis are allowed on that old road anymore, though I could be wrong, but I think its cool to have in the game considering I've driven the "new" grade all the time and never went by way of the old grade in reality.
My WoT

Show trucks are working trucks, they simply do the same job in a slightly more noticeable and stylish fashion.
Skoot

#4365 Post by Skoot » 31 Jul 2020 21:53

Even with all of my complaints about industries, I love this DLC. I-84 is great, a drive from Salmon to anywhere is just mind-blowingly beautiful even with my crappy laptop, and the whole north follows closely. I also did my very first ST job from Idaho Falls to Challis and that was great, though the parking space at the end of the route is quite hard to get into. I'd still want at least one new company to come later (I only get fertilizer from Farmer's Barn to haul from Salmon ony flatbed), even though SCS haven't done it before, and new roads (though I'll rarely drive on them).

PNW bundle is also a great move as the Classic Stripes paintjob pack is so pretty and I wanted to talk my friend into buying it somehow. :lol:
plykkegaard

#4366 Post by plykkegaard » 01 Aug 2020 09:01

supersobes wrote: 31 Jul 2020 19:01 The road layout is based on the road layout that exists in real-life.
Yes to a degree SCS have made quite a few errors in that respect and forgot to scale the highways bends and twitches down most noticeable in ETS2, this has now been corrected in recent refresh of Germany

I ment Idaho State Highway 75 through Sawtooth National Forest, sorry I should have been more specfic
Parts of the road layout section seems to have been copied, more specific sections with right bends seems to be the same but different scenery, I do understand (produciton reason) but nevertheless noticable imo

I didn't ment to critize but to just to open a discussion if others have noticed the same "feeling"

BTW: Many Europen motorways (as we call them) are created in a non repetetive fashion due to reasearch and science in why road accident happens, a reasearch which took place in the fifties and sixties I believe

This signature virus has been spliced with the Fundementalism-B virus to create a new more contagious strain. Please look for it infecting a signature near you.
xXCARL1992Xx

#4367 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 01 Aug 2020 09:24

plykkegaard wrote: 01 Aug 2020 09:01 Yes to a degree SCS have made quite a few errors in that respect and forgot to scale the highways bends and twitches down most noticeable in ETS2, this has now been corrected in recent refresh of Germany
this wasnt an error, this was a deliberate design decision to get better performance by making as many twist as logical possible to cut up the game world, less rendering > better performance, this was the way GTS, UKTS and the GTS addon for Austria was made back then
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
Some newbie driver

#4368 Post by Some newbie driver » 01 Aug 2020 09:37

In fact, if we check the blog post they made back in time for Germany rework phase II, there were several examples of "tunneled" old roads and how they were changing them to a more open and realistic landscape in the surroundings of the road. As the computers and their engine increases it's performance, they can progressively get rid of those old design decisions.

The 1.500m limit for 3D drawing distance is the biggest limitation that persist in the game due performance constrains. Let's hope they could improve it soon.
plykkegaard

#4369 Post by plykkegaard » 01 Aug 2020 10:21

xXCARL1992Xx wrote: 01 Aug 2020 09:24 this wasnt an error
Ah, like the twisted corridors in the older 1st person shooters :)
They were made like this to effectively stop the rendering of the next "room", reduce polycount and increase performance

Vinnie Terranova

#4370 Post by Vinnie Terranova » 01 Aug 2020 14:52

Has anybody spotted the big wall painting in Lewiston? Really beautiful! We should start a dedicated easter egg topic...

Return to “General discussion about the game”