[ETS2 & ATS] Paint Job Packer - Lightweight mod making tool [Windows/macOS/Linux]

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check the Forum Rules.
Ludo Diabolo

Re: [ETS 2 & ATS] Paintjob Packer - Lightweight mod making tool

#21 Post by Ludo Diabolo » 29 May 2020 19:16

Good evening,

I don't understand why this topic is not in the modding guide section.

But back to our sheep, I can't use any software at all, probably because I'm too used to using ETS Studio lol ^^ but I would like to understand this software, to skin my original SCS refrigerated trailers in double, but I don't find it ! ! !
ETS2:promods + Middle-East Add-On + TGS / ATS:promods Canada

SORRY MY ENGLISH, I'M FRENCH.
Carsmaniac

#22 Post by Carsmaniac » 31 May 2020 00:01

I wasn't really sure where to put this topic when I made it, since it's a modding tool. I figured I'd just put it in Skins, since my template pack thread is already here, and it seems to work :) Mods Studio is in Help Requests, so I dunno ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The refrigerated trailers are called "SCS Box Trailer" in this tool. In ETS, all curtainsider, dry van, insulated and refrigerated trailers are actually a single trailer, called "Box Trailer".

And if the program is a little confusing, hang on! There's a tutorial video on its way, probably in about a month :)
Carsmaniac

#23 Post by Carsmaniac » 01 Aug 2020 04:14

I've been sitting on this version for about a month, but with the FH Tuning Pack out and finally supported, I figured I should probably get around to releasing it ;)

Version 1.3
  • Added save directory prompt
  • Moved cabin handling options from startup screens to dropdowns
  • Added support for FH Tuning Pack parts, and fixed some XF Tuning Pack parts
I have plans for changing how accessory support works, and for moving away from the problematic PyInstaller, but for now enjoy! :)
TomDiesel

#25 Post by TomDiesel » 19 Aug 2020 05:35

Fantasti Job, Carsmaniac.

Your program is so simple to use. Keep it running. Thanks again!
CountVlad

#26 Post by CountVlad » 30 Aug 2020 11:31

I just registered to say thank you for making a cross-platform tool for this! :D I don't use Windows so I can't use things like Mods Studio.
brkgler

#27 Post by brkgler » 09 Sep 2020 16:27

hey it is very lightweight tool. with a couple of needs I think @Carsmaniac you did a nice work. Thanks for the effort. (both for packing the templates and the tool)
Carsmaniac

#28 Post by Carsmaniac » 19 Sep 2020 13:21

I've got a really exciting update to share with everyone today! The headline feature is the ability to generate mods using templates from my template pack, as well as much nicer, easier-to-understand file naming! It's available as a portable .exe like before, or as an installer.

[ external image ]

Version 1.4
  • Added optional 4k/2k placeholder templates
  • Added and removed some supported mods
  • Reorganised UI and added a (working) progress indicator
  • Made folder and file names more readable
  • Fixed display_name warning when uploading to Steam Workshop
  • Removed cabin unifier (it was complicated and the benefits of using it weren't worth it)
I tried to make it even easier for first-time paintjob makers to use this version, so enjoy! :)
zippe

#29 Post by zippe » 19 Sep 2020 16:01

wow,amazing work!! thx alot for all your work and effort you are putting in this very helpfull tool and all the template packs :)
Ludo Diabolo

#30 Post by Ludo Diabolo » 30 Sep 2020 09:04

back up subject lol ^^

Really pleasant this software, I still have a little bit of trouble to master it, probably because I'm too used to ETS studio, but I have a question, with this software is it possible to make a single Skin and apply it to all trucks ?

Without to go through the template to adjust, or must it go through the template truck by truck ?
ETS2:promods + Middle-East Add-On + TGS / ATS:promods Canada

SORRY MY ENGLISH, I'M FRENCH.

Return to “Skins”