North Dakota
9%
Illinois
15%

Total votes: 582

angrybirdseller

Re: Poll: Choose (2) States you would like to see next

#4131 Post by angrybirdseller » 01 Aug 2020 19:24

Triangle pattern one direction north and another east. I do think after Texas build around surrounding states. The team working on Montana some move east to Dakotas and team working on Texas can move to Louisiana and another team to Oklahoma.

Florida could probably be competed by end of 2024 all you need is Loiusana, Mississippi, Alabama. It would be horrible L-shape but I-10 corridor Jacksonville to Los Angeles would take 4 hours at 55-60 mph just taking I-10 and little bit of I-12. Florida would sell well for DLC, but ones that understand geography would complain about the L-shape anyways.

The Dakotas far more diverse scenery wise than Florida but the cities are like Pocatello size at most. Florida have Miami, Jacksonville, Key West, Boca Raton, Orlando, Tampa, Pensacola, Daytona, Ft Augustine its street level urban experience its all trees walls along I-10.

The Dakotas you have black hills, badlands, grasslands, large lakes east of Missouri River. The Missouri River crossing everything greens up more and lots of ponds. Its kind of like easterm Washington but greener. Dakotas the last region of completely open space where you see radio towers miles ahead or telephone equal tree number in certain areas.
flight50

#4132 Post by flight50 » 02 Aug 2020 00:12

^With your method we'd get both a L-shape and a C-shape gap. We can't have both. Doing Dakota's after Montana leaves holes with both Nebraska and Kansas. Assuming Oklahoma follows Texas. Its the same situation if Montana comes before Wyoming. Same C shape gap.

With Texas in play, SCS is forced to build South to North if they want to avoid c shape gaps. Building North inland and South inland is not the ideal map to drive.
Gormanbros

#4133 Post by Gormanbros » 04 Aug 2020 01:37

I agree with Flight that we'll see state bundles eventually, if only because ATS is going to see 3-4 dedicated teams. They're not going to go for 4 DLC releases every year. That would be such a mess, especially when it comes to testing. We'll probably see two releases a year still, just with two teams working on each release.

Also, Florida doesn't need Georgia to come out in order to release, but it sure could use it. Florida would be fine, but you'll become intimately familiar with I-10 and one or both of US 231/331.
flight50

#4134 Post by flight50 » 04 Aug 2020 03:57

If Florida bundles with Georgia, that in my opinion would be the best bundle of the three possible bundles to get to the coast. Ark/Louisiana = cool. No issues. Ms/Al = not bad. But Fl/GA.....oh mama look at all the cities and the major roads that comes. Not to mention we finally hit the coast. We'd then have I-10 and I-20 complete as the first East to West Interstates to do so. We get more ports and perhaps the most largest and busiest cities in the Southeast. Follow that up with the Tennessee and the Carolina's and we wrap up I-40 as well. We'd have the entire Western US in and the Entire South US complete. By the time Tennessee and the Carolina's come, all the Great Plains could be filled in as well.

Then its on to the complexity and bulk of the densest area of the US. Perhaps by this time, SCS has an answer for tackling the East.
averyc2506

#4135 Post by averyc2506 » 04 Aug 2020 07:04

i cannot wait for the southeast. from the times ive been there irl, it has been a very cool experience (atlanta, nashville, chattanooga, panama city, mobile, and new orleans). with my excitement fueled up for the southeast, i thought id make a concept map for louisiana !! heres the link to check it out.

https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid= ... sp=sharing

as louisiana is in my top 5 most anticipated states, i tried to be as realistic as possible, but some areas i couldnt help it, lol. (aka new orleans). the concept map may seem a little packed, but we know that scs is very impressive so i believe that it wouldnt be impossible :)
I make concept maps sometimes:
California
Louisiana
Shiva

#4136 Post by Shiva » 04 Aug 2020 13:31

averyc2506, yep, I do call that packed too. A bit too much I think.

Gormanbros, I-10? yeah, some have driven it a lot. indianajacktrucker one of those. Wonder what he does now? No new videos at all, for +4months.
NTM's B-Double Telescopic Skeletal Container Carrier. Youtube video on how it works. W & S thread.
B-Double trailer and short modes: EN 7.82 swap body, 20’ or 30’ containers.
Standalone 40' mode: EN 7.82 swap body, 20', 30', 40' or 2 x 20' trailer.
fra_ba

#4137 Post by fra_ba » 05 Aug 2020 07:19

averyc2506 wrote: 04 Aug 2020 07:04 i cannot wait for the southeast. from the times ive been there irl, it has been a very cool experience (atlanta, nashville, chattanooga, panama city, mobile, and new orleans). with my excitement fueled up for the southeast, i thought id make a concept map for louisiana !! heres the link to check it out.

https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid= ... sp=sharing

as louisiana is in my top 5 most anticipated states, i tried to be as realistic as possible, but some areas i couldnt help it, lol. (aka new orleans). the concept map may seem a little packed, but we know that scs is very impressive so i believe that it wouldnt be impossible :)
Actually, it's a good map imo. 10-11 cities would be good for LA. also with dense forest, more roads can be incorporated in map! I think this would work
Evil_Jason

#4138 Post by Evil_Jason » 05 Aug 2020 10:29

I just thought of the sign "Alligators X-ing" in Florida.

Would be cool to see some and maybe a team trying to catch one alive on the road
If something is not round, it has then edges or it is broken.
Shiva

#4139 Post by Shiva » 05 Aug 2020 11:33

@fra_ba do you mean 10-11 deliverable cities?
Am I a bit pessimistic if I hope for +7? With 9 feeling a bit optimistic?
NTM's B-Double Telescopic Skeletal Container Carrier. Youtube video on how it works. W & S thread.
B-Double trailer and short modes: EN 7.82 swap body, 20’ or 30’ containers.
Standalone 40' mode: EN 7.82 swap body, 20', 30', 40' or 2 x 20' trailer.
fra_ba

#4140 Post by fra_ba » 05 Aug 2020 14:24

Beside Slidell, all others will fit without much issue!

Return to “General discussion about the game”